Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I am ready to move on to the next project and want the boat gone.... 599k, for a quick, simple purchase. If you build a 2009, it's going to be CONSIDERABLLY more $$$$$$$$$$$. This one is tuned and ready to go!

2. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    it's propped to run 150 MPH + and accellerates like a BEAST with these (size) props!!!!!! It has much, much more left in it. I believe we calculated 165 MPH (with stock motors). I know several folks have "turned-up" the rev limiters to 6800 or so, giving them substancial more speed (which someone who purchases this boat could easily have done if they chose).

We threw away the smaller "rough water" props and are solely running the larger. Throttle-up made this set to gradually increase in pitch as the blade moves farther from the hub and closer to the tip... 39's at the hub and 41's on the outer edge (16 1/2" diameter). This gives great holeshot to plane and HUGE accelleration to stay on top, pulling like crazy all the way North of the 150 MPH mark, with no "lag" to attain the last 5 or so MPH's, as do so many props of this pitch.

The boat is dialed in and ready for a turn-key owner ---- Now we're ready to begin the next one.

PS: selling a pair of 16 3/4 x 36's --- if anyone's interested, email me for pricing (pandakjoe@gmail.com).

Joe, since your throwing them away please throw them my way!

3. Collapse Details

no problem.... just send the $$$$$ (that would be 6500 bucks - for the pair) ----unnicked and in perfect condition. they are in the really nice boxes, if you'd like those too (an additional $250 for both)....

if you're serious, give me a call --- i'd be glad to let you try them first, as long as, if they don't work they come back in the same condition you received them.

...great meeting you in Sarasota! sorry we were a bit hung-over and not very chatty! haha.....

Joe

4. Collapse Details

I think I may need to go to 38's or rmove my rev limiters and spin them faster.

Hung over?? I was too ... I need to pace myself see ya soon.

5. Collapse Details

So, I guess this is a 36!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36.jpg  
    I THINK, THEREFORE I DRINK!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    So, I guess this is a 36!
    yes..... it is the same boat/hull that johnny tomlinson set the speed record in then aired on the today show ----- that matt lauer rode it.

there are arguements that go back and fourth between which is a better hull.... the 36 or the 368. the 368 was designed for the cat lite class (525's) to help pack air quicker, helping the smaller motors get to speed quicker and quickly was defined as "the new skater to have". i don't have anything negative to say about either boat. they are both the creme de la creme of the industry and i would be more than happy smoking an MTI or Nor-tech in either (haha......, but seriously! ). the only boat i like better is the new skater 388 ----- it's truly redefined the cats (all IMO).

joe

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    yes..... it is the same boat/hull that johnny tomlinson set the speed record in then aired on the today show ----- that matt lauer rode it.

there are arguements that go back and fourth between which is a better hull.... the 36 or the 368. the 368 was designed for the cat lite class (525's) to help pack air quicker, helping the smaller motors get to speed quicker and quickly was defined as "the new skater to have". i don't have anything negative to say about either boat. they are both the creme de la creme of the industry and i would be more than happy smoking an MTI or Nor-tech in either (haha......, but seriously! ). the only boat i like better is the new skater 388 ----- it's truly redefined the cats (all IMO).

joe

Georgeous looking boat..1st class, and even better now, like all you're boats, is dialed in to perfection. The 388 is my favorite Skater, next to that one off 41 (I seem to be one of the few that likes this model). Good luck with the new project, I'm anxious watching the pics of the new build. Jeff

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    Good luck with the new project, I'm anxious watching the pics of the new build.

I think I read it's going to be an OL 41SL? The 700 boat Joe ran up to around 115MPH IIRC.

9. Collapse Details

Not to hijack, but wasn't that the 46 Bud Select with the Bud paint job?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post

Not to hijack, but wasn't that the 46 Bud Select with the Bud paint job?
    No problem.... but, you are mistaken. here's the link on youtube. you can search, "Matt Lauer Rides on Bacardi Silver Powerboat". He mentions the 36' Bacardi Silver setting the world speed record at 202 MPH toward the end of the short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyg1o5DtV9E

Here's the longer version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXTgd...eature=related