Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Glad to hear everything went smoothly.
    Over the past few days I hauled a boat from Cali to Tucson, and then a huge empty trailer from Tucson to Vegas.
    Yeah, it gives you a lot of respect for truck drivers. I was pretty worn out after all that.
    And yes, fuel stops can suck, and you really have to be picky about getting in and out of them.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

On the hitch thing. It looks to me that if you added extra leafs on your rear end the back of the truck would not sag so much and the trailer would be level. I did this on a 99' Chevy that I lifted 6" and instead of a 5" block in the back I added leaf springs and went with a 3" block. The truck had a great ride and you could put anything in it or tow anything with it. Wish I had kept that truck.

Quote Originally Posted by JETJOCK View Post
    1,000 miles........18+ hours........I made it safetly!

I have a PROFOUND respect for Truck Drivers!

I also was amazed at the number of "Contender Sport Fishing boats" that would BLOW by me at 80 MPH! (55-60 and stayed a live) One boat was later seen in a ditch on I-75.

Getting the rig into a Gas Station SUCKED....I did it 5 times! I would buy a Diesel just for the fact getting fuel would be easier.

I wish I had know about raising my hitch 2"...need to find a way to do that.

I-10 was ok except in MS and LA....the roads SUCKED! BUMP, BUMP, BUMP...I did have some fun times crossing a few bridges but the F-250 did it with "ease" never got below 40 MPH and that is with a 5.7 Liter

THANKS again for all the tips from the "old salts" I think success can be had if you are SAFETY minded person and willing to take it slow, admit you DO NOT know everything-and ask for some help.

Again the F-250 handled this well (IMHO) it actually prevented me from speeding--she would crusie at 60 MPH,,2200 RPM hummin right along.

..and you can't beat a MYCO--

THANKS AGAIN!

PIcs soon!

TIme to hit the RACK.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Or go airbags...500 bucks and its all done !!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Bags the way to go

5. Collapse Details

Oh yea. Bags is a good idea. I would do that now, I have onboard air on my truck.