Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Craigs List Find : 29' Mirage LIL ABNER
    29 Classic Offshore

29' Mirage Classic Offshore/LIL ABNER
    1977 29ft Mirage
    Powered by Twin 350/260 HP Mercrusier & Outdrives
    Overnight cabin with frig, head, shore power, New Garmin GPS, New 300 watt CD/cassette stereo
    I do have a original Bolster Seat for this boat also
    Last Survey ~ Sept. 2003
    New batteries, starter, ship to shore, canvus, bilage pump, exhaust and risers and restored teak---2008
    Third owner of this Classic offshore
    MAKE ME A OFFER------SORRY NO TRADES

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting...

Class 5 competitive??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

I would think this would be more of a "Historical Race Boat"

4. Collapse Details

been for sale for years. no one seems to bite.

5. Collapse Details

The bottom is blistered . I have seen this one close up, not really worth 14k, and dose not have a trailer. I have a 29' Mirage In my collection and l love it, but this one will need some work. It has been for sale for about 3 years.

6. Collapse Details

there you have it..too bad..would be cool to have...

7. Collapse Details

love my mirage
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Whoz Your Daddy View Post
    love my mirage
    Me Too !!!!! My red & white old 1977 Mirage had small blocks, the 1979 Mirage I have now with big block power runs great, 30 + years and still going strong..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mirage 1977 h2o.jpg   mirage-ECM3 h2o.jpg   Mirage h2o#.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

I like the way the sunpad is on the boat .

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    Me Too !!!!! My red & white old 1977 Mirage had small blocks, the 1979 Mirage I have now with big block power runs great, 30 + years and still going strong..
    Pacific Northwest seems to always have a several Mirage's forsale. Had an offer on almost the same as yours a month or so ago. Someone else gave full price and scooped it. Still disappointed I didn't get it.

Also like the smaller 21 single SBC 217 Intruder models--not expensive around my parts $5K to $10K get a nice clean one. Good style looks and lake/river cruiser with small cuddy, one of the best boats for the money.................

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Pacific Northwest seems to always have a several Mirage's forsale. Had an offer on almost the same as yours a month or so ago. Someone else gave full price and scooped it. Still disappointed I didn't get it.

Also like the smaller 21 single SBC 217 Intruder models--not expensive around my parts $5K to $10K get a nice clean one. Good style looks and lake/river cruiser with small cuddy, one of the best boats for the money.................
    The 29' Mirage like mine was not made by the same company as the 21', & 27' boats you talked about. Mine was made in Opalocka Florida, the others were made in Washington State.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mirage W_B h2o.jpg   Mirage W-B 1 h2o.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

The 29' Mirage like mine was not made by the same company as the 21', & 27' boats you talked about. Mine was made in Opalocka Florida, the others were made in Washington State.
    Similar looks. Wonder if any connections other then names. The WA ones always lots around the Pacific Northwest very reasonable money. I like them.

13. Collapse Details

Address right by Stainless Marine..

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Similar looks. Wonder if any connections other then names. The WA ones always lots around the Pacific Northwest very reasonable money. I like them.
    No connection at all, the WA built boats are more like a Wellcraft production boat. The Opalocka FL custom built Mirages won many offshore races in the 70's & 80's, and some are still racing today. Even the pleasure 29' like mine had racing equipment & quality built in them thats why there still around today 30 + years later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mirage LR-1 h2o.jpg   mirage30.jpg   mirage scorpios.jpg  

mirage IMG_0077.jpg   mirage shock.jpg   Mirage WB-1 h2o.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

No connection at all, the WA built boats are more like a Wellcraft production boat. The Opalocka FL custom built Mirages won many offshore races in the 70's & 80's, and some are still racing today. Even the pleasure 29' like mine had racing equipment & quality built in them thats why there still around today 30 + years later.
    Another case of a Pacific Northwest builder using a good Florida name to sell boats here with the looks. But more suited to lakes/river. So not as good as the real offshore Florida folks. Like Cougar. The formerly built in B.C cougars are fairly plentiful in these parts as well. But wouldn't go in the ocean with an MTR tunnel cat, UN-less a really nice calm day.

Both are good, but yours is cooler. We mostly have badge engineered good looks decent performers--but not the real offshore racing machines you guys have to chose from. If v-drive and jet, drag and circle boats, etcetera we kinda have more better options!

16. Collapse Details

I really used to enjoy watching Wolverine race, one of my favorite raceboats.
    The 29' Mirage(s) are a great boat, IMHO

17. Collapse Details

Here is Gazpacho after Joe B. sold the Mirage to the late Jeff Galente and I Jeff and I raced it as Outlaw until it was stolen from the marina in Toms River NJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails outlaw.PDF  

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dammmagnum View Post
    Here is Gazpacho after Joe B. sold the Mirage to the late Jeff Galente and I Jeff and I raced it as Outlaw until it was stolen from the marina in Toms River NJ
    Great shot.

Jeff was a great guy. R.I.P.

I look young in the pic of me holding the flag in Gazpacho.

That was The Plymouth 160 I think it was 1978 We kicked azz in that race.

I didn't know you raced with Jeff. Small world my friend.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
    Great shot.

Jeff was a great guy. R.I.P.

I look young in the pic of me holding the flag in Gazpacho.

That was The Plymouth 160 I think it was 1978 We kicked azz in that race.

I didn't know you raced with Jeff. Small world my friend.
    Steve,

Yes, Jeff was a really great guy. We worked on my Purple Magnum Sport and then I raced with Jeff in all three of his boats
    the Orange Magnum Sport that Jeff got from Bill Gazelle, The Mirage(Outlaw) and the 30 Velocity(AirBrook) that he got from Steve Stepp
    We were all younger looking back in the 70s and 80s.
    We really liked the Mirage alot, was a shame that it was stolen.
    i sold my Magnum Sport to Jeff and hoped that we would race it, but he sold it a woman in South Jersey and its disappeared. We then got the Velocity to race (AirBrook)

Thank you
    Jim

20. Collapse Details

still racing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _D3X0444.jpg   point 09.jpg  
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ