Thread: Hawk Jag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by relible one View Post
    The last time I seen the boat that mandy ran,it sank in a race and when they pulled it out of the water there was a shark in the bilige flopping around...that was the last time i seen the boat...Bob
    Bobby what's up and how have you been ?

2. Collapse Details

Great Art,things are starting to turn around for in detroit,Hope all is well for you on the westside....Bob

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by relible one View Post
    Great Art,things are starting to turn around for in detroit,Hope all is well for you on the westside....Bob
    Bobby very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww money is very tight , but better then last year. Bob , when was the last time you were at Skater ?

4. Collapse Details
    FERRARI CONFUSION?
    Thriller (the airex one) became Coors Light Silver Bullett (Craig Barrie) then Ferrari. Confirmed in a Jaguar write up in Hotboat.
    The new lighter Ferrari became Toshiba then Snack Attack as confirmed by the co driver of Snack Attack at the 2001 Key West race, and also confirmed by an article on Toshiba which states it was the ex-Ferrari that raced at the 1990 Monaco Worlds.
    Another report states that 1990 Bay City had both Ferrari boats,the brand new lighter one and the old Ferrari (crewed by Mandy`s brother David and Craig Barrie).
    I would have liked to post the evidence ,but the files are too large to post.
    There are many unanswered questions on the history of Jaguar boats,and one day will try to sort them out.

5. Collapse Details

Grosse Ile,Mi. Kalkaska, Mi. Ft Myers Beach Fla.
    Manny did bring the 2 Jags to bay city that year i also raced that race, the backup or older Jag started the race with 2 crew members and quickly retired. I am pretty sure craig barrie was not there. He also brought both boats to the two other michigan races that year although if i remember corectly one of the Jags trailer broke on the way to the race and never made it. Seams like the older Jag thriller/coors/hawk/ferreri did race again under another name in key west in 1991 but not sure maybe heavy metal

6. Collapse Details

Interesting info!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bill63 View Post
    Manny did bring the 2 Jags to bay city that year i also raced that race, the backup or older Jag started the race with 2 crew members and quickly retired. I am pretty sure craig barrie was not there. He also brought both boats to the two other michigan races that year although if i remember corectly one of the Jags trailer broke on the way to the race and never made it. Seams like the older Jag thriller/coors/hawk/ferreri did race again under another name in key west in 1991 but not sure maybe heavy metal
    I remember watching those races on the Saginaw bay and if memory serves me right the pits were at Bay Harbor Marina in Bay City .

8. Collapse Details

Grosse Ile,Mi. Kalkaska, Mi. Ft Myers Beach Fla.
    yep they were at bay harbour that year, rough conditions in 1990 i stuffed my cat so hard i had mud on the tips from the bottom of the lake OUCH !

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bill63 View Post
    yep they were at bay harbour that year, rough conditions in 1990 i stuffed my cat so hard i had mud on the tips from the bottom of the lake OUCH !
    Ouch is right and the Saginaw Bay really never was that deep untill you got father out on Lake Huron there use to be some good racing there for many years but all good things come to an end .

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FLYING FISH View Post
    Thriller (the airex one) became Coors Light Silver Bullett (Craig Barrie) then Ferrari. Confirmed in a Jaguar write up in Hotboat.
    The new lighter Ferrari became Toshiba then Snack Attack as confirmed by the co driver of Snack Attack at the 2001 Key West race, and also confirmed by an article on Toshiba which states it was the ex-Ferrari that raced at the 1990 Monaco Worlds.
    Another report states that 1990 Bay City had both Ferrari boats,the brand new lighter one and the old Ferrari (crewed by Mandy`s brother David and Craig Barrie).
    I would have liked to post the evidence ,but the files are too large to post.
    There are many unanswered questions on the history of Jaguar boats,and one day will try to sort them out.
    A couple things, the Thriller was 2500# when built in 86 so it was much lighter than Ferrari and It was also running in Ferrari paint when it won the APBA world title also side note Manny liked to run a little trim tab which stuffed him in Daytona and Thriller was known as Toshiba the last I Heard and was in New Jersey.
    Last edited by Steve 1; 05-11-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

11. Collapse Details

I saw Toshiba at Arnold's Yacht Basin, Point Pleasant, NJ along with the Rolling Thunder Jaguar.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    I saw Toshiba at Arnold's Yacht Basin, Point Pleasant, NJ along with the Rolling Thunder Jaguar.
    Rolling thunder maybe Special Edition.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

13. Collapse Details

Yes, the Rolling Thunder Jaguar was Special Edition.

14. Collapse Details

Don't forget Bill Giffords "SUNOCO"

15. Collapse Details
    MORE FERRARI INFO
    Toshiba was referred to as ex-Ferrari that raced in Monaco.Looking at some photos I took at Monaco the 2nd Ferrari that raced in 1991 and the back end of 1990 (boat had the cowls behind the cockpit) was also the one that actually raced in Monaco.The 1990 APBA winner (no cowls) was left on the dock.So from that,it would appear that the second Ferrari became Snack Attack (it had the cowls in Key West 2001),and Toshiba was ex first Ferrari ex-the Airex Thriller/Coors boat.Can`t find any reference to say it had also been the red Hawk Power which was at the 1989 Atlantic City Worlds.
    I have Sunoco as being the ex-Special Edition before it became Rolling Thunder,unless told otherwise.

16. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    The 35FT Jaguar "Rolling Thunder" would be an ideal OPA Class 2 or Class 3 boat; I would love to see Arnold and Dave bring back out of retirement again.

17. Collapse Details

Wow, that's very light for a Jag!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    A couple things, the Thriller was 2500# when built in 86 so it was much lighter than Ferrari and It was also running in Ferrari paint when it won the APBA world title also side note Manny liked to run a little trim tab which stuffed him in Daytona and Thriller was known as Toshiba the last I Heard and was in New Jersey.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dueclaws View Post
    Wow, that's very light for a Jag!
    Yes and back then it was a lot of work.

19. Collapse Details

I was with Dave at the SBI event in New York, last September. He has more fun with his friends on his Cigarette than he does racing the Jaguar at a fraction of the price. It's several thousand dollars for each race, and that's if nothing goes wrong (set-up, fees, crew, fuel, etc)

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Toshiba is being converted in to a pleasure boat as we speak.