Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    POPRA Havasu Race
    Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    There were a lot of teams talking about making the trip,ME INCLUDED. Who actually showed up to race out there? Best of luck to those that did! Havasu is AWESOME!
    Ryan Beckley

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll know in about an hour.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

JBS was overall.Craig Ferguson in a 20 year old 36 skater spanked talking trash.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Ok

CRC
    AMSOIL
    JBS
    Talkin' Trash
    Renegade
    Adreniline Rush
    Pig Iron

who else RACED....
    Ryan Beckley

5. Collapse Details
    lake havasu
    Ryan-you missed a great time out here in Havasu!

6. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Honkercut SC
    Global Warming P1
    XP1-00
    521 24 Skater P?
    Eliminator SCL
    In the Red SCL
    Amzoil SCL
    Coyote P3
    Who's Racing P1 DNS
    555 P5
    Adrenaline P6
    CRC DNS

I will get the complete rundown today from the boys..... just getting back to work.....

JBS 198mph down the shoot

Renegade was smokin in SC I do not think he ever lifted. 2nd Talkin Trash 3rd Honker Cut Good race there.

Amzoil 1st Eliminator 2nd In the Red 3rd

Global Warming vs XP1-00 was shaping up to be a great battle Dan and Martin led at the start but Dave and Todd ran them down and passed them on the 2 mile straight through the corners...but XP1-00 lost an engine leading on the end of lap one.

Brad in Pig Iron never saw a checker flag before so he completed all and them some....

Coyote was running real strong all race...

The Bat Boat and the 24 skater battled all race that was pretty cool to see.

Justin in the Who's racing just ran out of time fighting gremlins in the Who's racing all week finally getting a good test Saturday nite but the checklist was still too long to make the race. They did some major mods to the boat over the winter with setup and engines to try and improve the handling of the boat so they wouldn't repeat the roll from last year. Great effort to Justin and his crew and to all of the Popra family that lent a hand on getting him close.

I was on the platinum helping start the race so I had a great seat for the race. They should have been racing but are afraid of the Shark boat.......

The Dixie Bell was on the center of the course providing a great vantage point to watch from.

It would have been nice to have all the people come that said they were coming show up (Ryan).... Still great weekend no incidents except the Desert Storm on the street parade spoiled the poser event with rain and hail and some mecanical carnage

I will put up some pics from the race later.

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Thanks for update Pat.

I look forward to seeing your pix.

8. Collapse Details

so does Mike in CRC NEVER lose?
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

9. Collapse Details

The races were f*ckin' awesome, even though we had to leave in the middle of them to head home. It's very cool that the city of Lake Havasu bends over backwards to ensure the event goes smoothly including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Ok

CRC
    AMSOIL
    JBS
    Talkin' Trash
    Renegade
    Adreniline Rush
    Pig Iron

who else RACED....
    CRC was thetrailer queen this year.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The races were f*ckin' awesome, even though we had to leave in the middle of them to head home. It's very cool that the city of Lake Havasu bends over backwards to ensure the event goes smoothly including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.
    POPRA definatly had their act together.The no wake zones were patrolled by all agencies and the race course was flat due to the extra security.
    Next yeat POPRA needs to be in charge of the shootout coordination to keep the wake zones enforced.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SKATER40 View Post
    Next year POPRA needs to be in charge of the shootout coordination to keep the wake zones enforced.
    Agreed 100%. Some of the smaller boats had a really rough ride towards the end of the run.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    including allowing the races and shoot out to happen inside the bay, behind the no wake bouys and directly in front of the beach party on the east side of the bay and the Nautical Inn on the west side of the bay. Awesome way to run the races.
    Yes it was.

Next year maybe they can let the spectator boats closer on the end off of the point past Nautical. They were way back from the action.

From shore the views were very good.

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shifter View Post
    Brad in Pig Iron never saw a checker flag before so he completed all and them some....pat W
    I'll say and then some......

Wondered if he was ever coming in, or just testing while he had the chance......

15. Collapse Details

Gary, had nothing to do with the no wake zones being enforced, they just didn't have the spectator fleet to contend with. The LEO would not enforce it as we expected, we found that out at last moment and we didn't have enough boats to do it ourselves, plus we can't give out tickets! Next year i'll put all my no wake patrol boats on the south end, don't really need them on the north end.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AHBAWarlock View Post
    Gary, had nothing to do with the no wake zones being enforced, they just didn't have the spectator fleet to contend with. The LEO would not enforce it as we expected, we found that out at last moment and we didn't have enough boats to do it ourselves, plus we can't give out tickets! Next year i'll put all my no wake patrol boats on the south end, don't really need them on the north end.
    If you could have anchored a really big no wake sign on both ends would have helped I think. The guy I was with who lived there had no idea once we left the bay (?) and I told him several times it should all be no wake so he slowed.

Then, after it was pretty much over, and we went down the lake, we saw the no wake buoys on the other end.

I think everyone who had boated there before thought it was okay as soon as they left the bay.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AHBAWarlock View Post
    When a 40 skater leaves the water twice running the shootout,due to rollers coming across the course,that aint good. The video Bruce showed saturday night had a smaller boat making the run and off to the right you see two large cabin cruisers on plane coming in throwing huge wakes at the course.
    The middle and south end need More patrol boats with lights on and the ability to write tickets.Popras security was excellent-they closed the course down on all sides.
    Next year you need more cooperation from ALL law agencies.

18. Collapse Details
    JBS POPRA footage
    Heres a quick vid of JBS in Lake Havasu race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbrhr7dQ7kM

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JBS View Post
    Heres a quick vid of JBS in Lake Havasu race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbrhr7dQ7kM
    It was certainly fun to watch you run there, (and chat a little on the dock).

20. Collapse Details

You can see lots of pics of Desert Storm including the race at www.everythingoffshore.com under event photos

What a fantastic event!!!!