1. Collapse Details
    k plane cable fitting?
    KIEKHAEFER 380 k planes
    where the indicator cable goes through the mounting plate (on transum) there is a plastic fitting that screws into the mount plate to hold the cable and keep water out. Well its broken and I have found replacement ones at Cp Performance in stainless for $60.I need new K Planes because of corosion but want to get a season out of these so I dont want to spend $60. Does anybody know where I can find the plastic ones?thanks

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcuda499 View Post
    KIEKHAEFER 380 k planes
    where the indicator cable goes through the mounting plate (on transum) there is a plastic fitting that screws into the mount plate to hold the cable and keep water out. Well its broken and I have found replacement ones at Cp Performance in stainless for $60.I need new K Planes because of corosion but want to get a season out of these so I dont want to spend $60. Does anybody know where I can find the plastic ones?thanks
    BAM has them in stock !!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    BAM has them in stock !!!!!!
    thanks, I have looked but Bam seems hard to navagate? cant find it yet. still looking though. what section,link is it under?

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Contributor
    http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...d+845630A+1%29

this one is the entire actuater kit, but you can see the individual part numbers and order what you need.
    Chris and Jen
    2003 Baja 33 Outlaw
    SlowRide

6. Collapse Details

thanks DD and SR33,
    it was the second kit,called cable grip. good price $23 but they get you for shipping.....$17!!!! you could put it in an envelope and mail it for .50 but oh well, I need it so its ordered.

7. Collapse Details

That is an electrical cord grip fitting,check your local electrical suppler.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Crainium View Post
    holy crap your right!! found a bunch online,same brand and everthing!!! probaly have them at Home Depot
    I just got takin for a ride in shipping
    well you live and learn, hopfully someone else will benefit from this. anyways anytime you have to buy something for a boat and spend less than $200 is still a good deal

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Crainium View Post
    mmmhhhhhh, never thoguht about that . ?!

But are u sure its the same thread and all that ???

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    mmmhhhhhh, never thoguht about that . ?!

But are u sure its the same thread and all that ???
    yep...just talked to my electrical buddy.Hubbell is the manufacturer that Mercury use's in there trim kits and they also make residental and commercial electrical stuff. the original fitting is marked 1/2" inlet and the ones online are 3/8,1/2,3/4" just pick your size and you will need to know your trim cable O.D.. just ordered two fittings for $17 including 3 day ship from Drillspot.com

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcuda499 View Post
    yep...just talked to my electrical buddy.Hubbell is the manufacturer that Mercury use's in there trim kits and they also make residental and commercial electrical stuff. the original fitting is marked 1/2" inlet and the ones online are 3/8,1/2,3/4" just pick your size and you will need to know your trim cable O.D.. just ordered two fittings for $17 including 3 day ship from Drillspot.com
    mmmmmhhhh, cool ..thanks for the info.

12. Collapse Details

wow, ordered them monday night and got them today,wensday. they are the same think as original but they are grey,not black.