1. Collapse Details
    500hp power valve
    SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    i have the holley 800 carb that comes on a 500hp carb engine. anyone know the part number of the power valve? when i rebuilt the carb the power valves in the kit did not look like the one in the carb and there was no real markings on the one that was in it.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

2. Collapse Details

The stock PV is a 6.5

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    i have the holley 800 carb that comes on a 500hp carb engine. anyone know the part number of the power valve? when i rebuilt the carb the power valves in the kit did not look like the one in the carb and there was no real markings on the one that was in it.
    lol, Here is the mercruiser part number for your power valve, (848243) at a cost of $50.00

Currently the mercruiser factory is out of stock for some reason
    So I guess your going to half to go save some money and buy one at a performance store someplace in your area.

Also for some reason they do not list in their parts look up area what the power valve size is, But I'm sure Griff nailed it for you because it does sound familiar to me as being the right size also. Good luck with it.

PS,Here is the link to your carb, The power valve is not shown, So you will half to read it in the part numbers area, That is if you are interested about it.
    http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...OR+AND+LINKAGE

4. Collapse Details

thank you both very much. i had just got my engine in and did not know it was a 4 2 7 3 swap firing order. soooo. FIREBALL BACKFIRE THROUGH THE INTAKE! that power valve has gotta be toast.

5. Collapse Details

I'm sure Summit or Jegs can mail it to you if no available local.

6. Collapse Details

I wish I could have seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    thank you both very much. i had just got my engine in and did not know it was a 4 2 7 3 swap firing order. soooo. FIREBALL BACKFIRE THROUGH THE INTAKE! that power valve has gotta be toast.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    I wish I could have seen that.
    you should have seen my hair. i keep it short and i did need a haircut.... i looked like i had bleached my hair. it was all singed. and the engine compartment smelled like burnt hair for awhile. bob mardera was having a hard time holding back laughter when i had him on the phine and told him about it. hey, i laughed my a$$ off after i got her figured out too.

8. Collapse Details

Depending on the year of the carb, it may have a backfire check valve in it already which usually saves the power valve. Ive installed them in all my carbs. Had a huge backfire this spring too and power valve is fine.

9. Collapse Details

I picked one up locally for cheap. just gonna replace it. but i had it pop back a few times last year and she neverr had a problem then so i may have a check valve system like you were describing. oh well, its just money right?