Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Before Buckster and after...
    Before...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23999_1249366316558_1301462754_535894_1696445_n.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

He's da MAN!!

Thanks Buddy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25369_1254568806617_1301462754_546544_1486087_n.jpg   25369_1254568846618_1301462754_546545_1468313_n.jpg   25369_1254568886619_1301462754_546546_3994543_n.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Cool!

4. Collapse Details

Rebar.. how do you like that thing? My sister is about to get one..any observations??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Rebar.. how do you like that thing? My sister is about to get one..any observations??
    It's great for chicks...

My wife wanted this one. Buck and I discussed earlier today. W/ the 35's, NO power. I will probobly re-gear later this year - we're going to try it for a while. We just bought it last week so my observations are limited at this point. Mrs. Buckster has had one for a few months now, Buck can give you some better info than I can.

Chad

6. Collapse Details

tires will stay stock, they want to add a tow bar and drag it around camping behind an E250 diesle...

7. Collapse Details

I have a 2010 with 35's on it on my lot right now. Low miles with a lift and rims.
    Two jeeps on my lot right now.

http://www.landroverhouston.net/used...5716a8ed19.htm

http://www.landroverhouston.net/used...0c8337f9cc.htm
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

8. Collapse Details

She wants new, got the friends and family deal, plus the factory is about 2 miles away, but I do thank you for the offer.

9. Collapse Details

Very cool. I like those but they should have left the 4.0 alone the v6 is no match for it.

10. Collapse Details

Mean lookin'. I like it!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

11. Collapse Details

Looks great Chad

12. Collapse Details

She wants new, got the friends and family deal, plus the factory is about 2 miles away, but I do thank you for the offer.
    No a problem,you never know when someone wants a deal..
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

13. Collapse Details

sick sick!

14. Collapse Details

Phragle....

My wife switched from a 1999 Suburban to a 2010 Unlimited Wrangler like the one we just did for Chad in the pics. The ole sub was wore out and she wanted something a little more sporty. We still needed four doors and 4x4 to meet our needs. The Wrangler gave her the option to keep her "soccer mom" status and still have fun.

These new 4 doors are very different from what we all grew up with as a Jeep. They are very refined and drivable compared to a 2 door from just a couple of years ago. They are surprisingly smooth handling and corner pretty decent. The creature comforts would surprise you too. Our came optioned with remote start, navigation, 40 gig hard drive, blue tooth, and standard stuff like pw, pl, and cruise. Don't get me wrong, they are still very much a Jeep. I wouldn't compare it to a brand new Tahoe or Suburban by any means. They all come standard with traction control and anti roll over systems that are pretty high tech in my book.

I have never been happy with the power of this vehicle from day one. Long hills on the freeway require letting the tranny downshift and letting the motor rev to a decent rpm to keep what I consider an average speed. This is probably my biggest complaint.

There are some aftermarket tuners and air intake systems that are supposed to really wake this engine up. I have had one customer do an intake system with favorable results. No one has purchased a tuner yet to give me feedback.

Fuel mileage has surprised me. They claim a high of 19 and a low of 13/14 range. I always figure that high number to be a best case scenario with any vehicle, but we've seen 18-19 mpg many times from ours. I was very surprised to see 18 on a road trip we took last fall through the Ozark mountains on a very winding road.

They are what they are, but they are much better and more civilized than what they used to be. I expect many years of enjoyment out of ours before it gets handed over to my daughter when she turns 16.

If/when we lift ours and go with bigger tires we will without question regear. We have the Rubicon package that comes with the 4:11 gears and I know for a fact this will be much to high to keep me happy.

The aftermarket products available for these things would blow your mind right now. This was the most marketed vehicle we saw at a recent trade show in Dallas. To say the sky's the limit would be an understatement.

I have some more pics of Chad's Jeep if you guys would like me to post them.

EDIT...I can also give a rundown of the items that were added to the Jeep in the pics.

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

15. Collapse Details

I wouldn't be that woirried about the "go". How does it stop?

16. Collapse Details

Buck, my sis isn't one to modify it... they are into camping excursions, mostly remote. They had a couple suzuki 250 dal purpose bikes they used to pull in an encolsed trailer behind the van. They figure the jeep will be a good replacement for the bikes and want to tow it. Do you think the thing is still jeep/offroad exploration worthy? and do you think an e250 diesle will pull the thing?

17. Collapse Details

send it to AEV for your power needs, they are in wixom, michigan area. i couldnt bring myself to buy a new jeep just yet, i am still stuck on the tj's for a daily driver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0183.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Do you think the thing is still jeep/offroad exploration worthy? and do you think an e250 diesle will pull the thing?
    I think it's very offroad worthy.

I "think" the e series would pull it fine, but don't have any experience doing it. They are still a fairly light vehicle in comparison to other suv's in it's size range.
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

19. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebarBox View Post
    It's great for chicks...

Chad
    LOL, I suppose if your chick wears the pants, that would be accurate

They figure the jeep will be a good replacement for the bikes and want to tow it. Do you think the thing is still jeep/offroad exploration worthy? and do you think an e250 diesle will pull the thing?
    I'd get the Rubicon either way, but I'd DEFINITELY get the Rubicon if they plan to leave it stock, but still want to run the trails & explore. The Rubi has everything they'll need with push buttom lockers, push buttom sway bar, BFG tires, rock guards throughout the undercarriage, waterproof seats, navigation, etc.

I'm still LOVIN mine, but I was shown the light a few weeks ago on what the next mod needs to be, damnit. When I was in Florida for a couple of weeks recently, Steve Schuble let me drive his most of the time I was there.....that has the AEV V8 upgrade done to it....

It's the baddest all around Jeep that I've been in. It starts up, runs, & rides like it was all done by the factory. No CEL's, no loss of any push buttom options, no problems what so ever, AND his gets better gas mileage that my V6 does....

I've gotta either get mine up there for the swap, or just buy one they've already done. It's precisely the option that Jeep should be offering from the factory. The power is perfect.

Here are a couple of pics of mine recently. I just put the tube doors on last week:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

20. Collapse Details

Very nice looking!

I never even looked at a jeep, but those are pretty cool.

Hmmm, go from a 740i to a Jeep. One never knows.
    Queen of Bammin'