Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Stuff on/in you, besides FG. We all had that. :)
    Craziest stuff on/in you.?
    This needs to be explored further. All of us working on boat, cars, bikes lawn mores, weed whackers and rubber band airplanes, I think most of us got a gulp or gas, and drank some oil one time or another.
    Let’s hear your strangest stuff on you, or “in” you. Please no one expend the stupidity of one, this is for fun only. I feel stupid enough no need to rehash my frame of mind “at the time”.
    Just recently; I was re-installing the tips on the Avanti, with 3M 3200 sealant. I don’t think anything dissolves that chit. Bending, looking into the tips etc., caulk gun in the air, then in my skull and hair. About 2” long ¼” bead all over my head. Didn’t know. Next day I got a wedding to go. Combing hair? Brushing, ? impossible. I looked like that kid from the old TV series, Don’t even remember his name. The little rascals? With the kid with a part of his hair up in the air? Mine stands straight up, but it’s white, connected to my scalp. Can’t even cut it off.
    Long ago: cleaning something with Xylol. Container empty,? ok needs a little help, tube in the container. A little “vacuum” with mouth. And I get a gulp full. Tabasco tastes like powdered sugar.
    Best for last. Circa 1999 Building a new warehouse fro Jamo Ind. Near Miami. We’re using some super though industrial concrete floor coating, epoxy modified. “85% solids”. Sets up pretty quick. WE pumping and spraying from 55Gal. drums. Spray nozzle clogs. Me being the PM, my problem, start messing with it, (it’s under pressure). A few hits and taps and it gives. This stuff is ALL over me. Including pans, shirts, on my personal parts, eyes etc. I was showered with it. Ran outside to the hose. Not hooked up. People scrambling everywhere. Hose ready, Water on, drenched. This chit is not water soluble. Start setting up. My eyes are welded shut. It’s start to set after about 10-15 minutes. I feel like my skin is melting off. Clothing getting stiff. Personal parts (don’t touch this!!!) and hair,, “glued” together.
    OK. I’m in a big plastic bag getting a ride home. Shower for hours. No help. Need to take a “leak”. The discharge mechanism is not pointing the right way. (LMAO, sorry it’s funny now as I remember, wasn’t funny then)
    Hard to do a no. 1 trying to stand on your head. This concrete sealant is guaranteed for 20 years. After some precision “hair” cutes, things are back to normal.. WEEKS later.
    OK. I admitted to stupidity. Any one else?
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Craziest stuff on/in you.?
    This needs to be explored further. All of us working on boat, cars, bikes lawn mores, weed whackers and rubber band airplanes, I think most of us got a gulp or gas, and drank some oil one time or another.
    Let’s hear your strangest stuff on you, or “in” you. Please no one expend the stupidity of one, this is for fun only. I feel stupid enough no need to rehash my frame of mind “at the time”.
    Just recently; I was re-installing the tips on the Avanti, with 3M 3200 sealant. I don’t think anything dissolves that chit. Bending, looking into the tips etc., caulk gun in the air, then in my skull and hair. About 2” long ¼” bead all over my head. Didn’t know. Next day I got a wedding to go. Combing hair? Brushing, ? impossible. I looked like that kid from the old TV series, Don’t even remember his name. The little rascals? With the kid with a part of his hair up in the air? Mine stands straight up, but it’s white, connected to my scalp. Can’t even cut it off.
    Long ago: cleaning something with Xylol. Container empty,? ok needs a little help, tube in the container. A little “vacuum” with mouth. And I get a gulp full. Tabasco tastes like powdered sugar.
    Best for last. Circa 1999 Building a new warehouse fro Jamo Ind. Near Miami. We’re using some super though industrial concrete floor coating, epoxy modified. “85% solids”. Sets up pretty quick. WE pumping and spraying from 55Gal. drums. Spray nozzle clogs. Me being the PM, my problem, start messing with it, (it’s under pressure). A few hits and taps and it gives. This stuff is ALL over me. Including pans, shirts, on my personal parts, eyes etc. I was showered with it. Ran outside to the hose. Not hooked up. People scrambling everywhere. Hose ready, Water on, drenched. This chit is not water soluble. Start setting up. My eyes are welded shut. It’s start to set after about 10-15 minutes. I feel like my skin is melting off. Clothing getting stiff. Personal parts (don’t touch this!!!) and hair,, “glued” together.
    OK. I’m in a big plastic bag getting a ride home. Shower for hours. No help. Need to take a “leak”. The discharge mechanism is not pointing the right way. (LMAO, sorry it’s funny now as I remember, wasn’t funny then)
    Hard to do a no. 1 trying to stand on your head. This concrete sealant is guaranteed for 20 years. After some precision “hair” cutes, things are back to normal.. WEEKS later.
    OK. I admitted to stupidity. Any one else?
    Any one else...NO..pete your stupitity got us all beat !!!!!! Oh,, by light years....LOL

For the future, 5200 trouble....use WD-40, takes it right off !!!! ( IF NOT CURED )

3. Collapse Details

I caught a gel coat buzz once from laying under a boat doing a repair with apparently no breeze that was so bad I needed to call in sick to work the next day. I was a complete idiot for like 2 days. (yeah, I know... it never wore off, ha ha.)

I told my boss the truth. He was a fan of the boat and took some rides.

4. Collapse Details

Holy Crap! I think you win with the first post!

About the only thing I can think of is when I was changing oil in one of our diesel trucks when I was a landscaper. Hands were slippery, so when I pulled the oil filter off, it slipped and dumped the contents on my melon.

5. Collapse Details

Getting off the bow of my boat one day while the boat was on the trailer in the driveway I somehow tripped tumbled down off the front, landed first on the crank and then ultimately on the ground but I managed to completely drench myself with the majority of a bottle of ON/OFF.

It hurt so bad that I just layed there covered in ON/OFF while I "recovered". All of a sudden I started burning from head to toe and realized that the ON/OFF was the culprit andbefore I could get it off that **** melted my swimtrunks and boxers to my leg (no joke).....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    your stupitity got us all beat !!!!!! Oh,, by light years....LOL
    Like Carl Sagan, but different.

7. Collapse Details

WOW,

I feel a little better now

8. Collapse Details

Ever spray carb cleaner in your eye......

or I Was about 4 years old, my dad bought a roll of glass and left the empty box in the yard.... 4 years old..sunny day, big box, time to play...itchy scratchy head to toe, front to back
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Like Carl Sagan, but different.
    Carl is one of my heros. "Billions and billions of stars, billions and billions light years away.
    And Yessss,, DD.. we are all stupid, at times. I show it once a decade.
    And you got me beat on freqency my light years..

(BTW.. I will call you one of these days, I know I owe you a call)

10. Collapse Details

Ever flick ashes in your beer, then drink it(not intentionally)

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Ever spray carb cleaner in your eye......

or I Was about 4 years old, my dad bought a roll of glass and left the empty box in the yard.... 4 years old..sunny day, big box, time to play...itchy scratchy head to toe, front to back
    When I was much younger, one of my jobs was at a tire shop. Being in the northeast, and back in the days of steel wheels, we got a lot of flat tires that turned out to be bead leaks. Well, in the winter, you dont wanna go outside and run it thru the water tub(BRRRR.), so we had this stuff in an aerosol can that was used to prime the rubber before patching, just spray some of that on the bead, and look for bubbles. I had the tire/rim up on the bench, aired it up, sprayed this stuff on it, and saw the bubbles. Told the customer it would be a few minutes, had to break it down, clean it up and reseat the bead. SOOOOOOO I pick it up, hold it against my waist and walk to the tire machine, problem is that I tilted it, and all that chemical(still not sure exactly what it was) drains out of the tire, and onto the front of my pants, soaks into my shorts, and next thing you know my groin is on fire(not literally, just a crazy burning feeling), left the customer standing in the shop while I RAN to the bathroom yanked off my coveralls, and doused my jimmy Stuffed about a half a roll of paper towels between my stuff, and the doused clothing and went back to work, never made that mistake again

12. Collapse Details

I threw my only sponsor I had out of the boat testing , actually we both went out. No lanyard on either. Bye , Bye boat.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    When I was much younger, one of my jobs was at a tire shop. Being in the northeast, and back in the days of steel wheels, we got a lot of flat tires that turned out to be bead leaks. Well, in the winter, you dont wanna go outside and run it thru the water tub(BRRRR.), so we had this stuff in an aerosol can that was used to prime the rubber before patching, just spray some of that on the bead, and look for bubbles. I had the tire/rim up on the bench, aired it up, sprayed this stuff on it, and saw the bubbles. Told the customer it would be a few minutes, had to break it down, clean it up and reseat the bead. SOOOOOOO I pick it up, hold it against my waist and walk to the tire machine, problem is that I tilted it, and all that chemical(still not sure exactly what it was) drains out of the tire, and onto the front of my pants, soaks into my shorts, and next thing you know my groin is on fire(not literally, just a crazy burning feeling), left the customer standing in the shop while I RAN to the bathroom yanked off my coveralls, and doused my jimmy Stuffed about a half a roll of paper towels between my stuff, and the doused clothing and went back to work, never made that mistake again
    I heared some will use bananas, cucumbers and alike. Did the TP worked? Any comments by your customer?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    I threw my only sponsor I had out of the boat testing , actually we both went out. No lanyard on either. Bye , Bye boat.
    That's an awkward swimming conversation there.

15. Collapse Details

My dad had a 1973 18ft glastron and the fuel fill was on the deck, when i was in high school a friend of mine and i would take the boat out sense we had little money we would get gas cans(5 gallons) at a time to fill the boat . He was filling it standing next to the deck in the water, his waist was at deck height .Gas was running off the deck in to his bathing suit, when we finished he started burning BAD jumped in to the water but it did no good ,off came the suit and he was standing in my girlfriends front yard nude and washing his (well you get the picture) in front of her ,her dad and mom. well it ended up blistering him pretty bad and off the the hospital we went. but that is another story.

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    I was weed wacking along the fence. Came up to a pile of dog poop. Somehow the dog did it right after I had picked it all up. Anyway,,,, I think there is enough space between the fence and dog poop ( remember, fresh poop). Well there wasn't and I got sprayed by it, somehow I must have tipped he weedwacker and I got hit in the face and mouth with dog poo !!!

Dropped the wacker ran in the house half crazed headed for the shower. Wife says " what's wrong ? " I reply while running " dog poo in face". Jumped in shower with cloths on , stripped and washed for a long time. Come out of shower to find wife and her mom still laughing. It seemed I had a dog poo smell for days afterwards.
    ed
    Last edited by TCEd; 04-19-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: edit

17. Collapse Details

Changing the gear lube on my drives a couple years ago, I was pumping the 90 weight in and something didn't seem right...didn't seem to be going in. Pulled the plug on the pump and it literally sprayed out the weep-hole...COVERED me from the waist down. Turns out, when Straight Jacket and I had last pulled the drive, he had clamped the hose with a vice-grip in the extension box...and it never came back out. Those pants went right to the dumpster.

18. Collapse Details

Weed wacking dog poo.....that's good!!!

Couple years ago siphoning gas....managed to swallow a big gulp of the stuff. Wife calls poison control and the lady on the phone says "oh wait...lawnmower, weed wacker, boat?" BINGO. After she convinces my wife I'll be fine they have a big laugh.

Gas is bad going down....it's WAY worse for the next couple hours!!!! I burped every 3-5 minutes for 4 hours and the gas fumes coming up were nauseating!!!! Literally made my eyes water and "shake".

19. Collapse Details

Ran myself over with a 1970 Eagle Indy car while loading it on a trailer. A proud moment to be sure. I was a roller with the gearbox, but no motor so it was pretty light. I was pulling it by hand onto an open trailer that had two separate channels for the tires (rather than a flat deck). I was smart enough to step over the channel that tied the ramps together at the rear, but in my zeal to get the car loaded, kind of forgot about the axle. It tripped me, I fell into the pit between the ramps and the car went right over the top of me onto my chest and over my head. Awesome. I know the bottom of that tub like the back of my hand now...

Also crossthreaded the gas cap on my shifter kart. As I was driving, I felt an uncomfortable sensation in my groin-region... At first I tought a fold in my driving suit was pinching my nuts, so I reached down to adjust. It kept getting worse and worse. Finally I realized what was going on and pulled into the pits, jumped out and poured a half a gallon of water on my nuts. Stay classy HB!

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mikes280 View Post
    My dad had a 1973 18ft glastron and the fuel fill was on the deck, when i was in high school a friend of mine and i would take the boat out sense we had little money we would get gas cans(5 gallons) at a time to fill the boat . He was filling it standing next to the deck in the water, his waist was at deck height .Gas was running off the deck in to his bathing suit, when we finished he started burning BAD jumped in to the water but it did no good ,off came the suit and he was standing in my girlfriends front yard nude and washing his (well you get the picture) in front of her ,her dad and mom. well it ended up blistering him pretty bad and off the the hospital we went. but that is another story.
    YUP,

Fuel fill on deck, and vent on side, you know where I am going with this one