1. Collapse Details
    were to stay on cumberland ??
    no slips on state dock for my 38. so were is the next marina to stay?? overnights with power and water and no lights out at 9:00. looking to go at end of aug. thanks for any help brian

2. Collapse Details

This is where I keep my boat year round. Just up the lake from State Dock. Nice party atmosphere for those interested

http://www.griderhillmarina.com/

3. Collapse Details

Take a look at Grider Hill, and then you may also want to look at Jamestown Marina. It's just across the creek from State Dock. I"m not sure what they've got available. http://www.jamestown-marina.com/ Good Luck!

4. Collapse Details

thanks will give them a call. just cant beleve limited ships for bigger boats.

5. Collapse Details

Fever, Jamestown has plenty of slips available. Its about a 5min idle to State Dock. If for some reason you can't get anything, send me a PM we'll hook you up.
    Duke

6. Collapse Details

Prolly paddle your boat from Jamestown to statedock in 5min lol....

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
    This is where I keep my boat year round. Just up the lake from State Dock. Nice party atmosphere for those interested

http://www.griderhillmarina.com/
    thanks for the tip. called today and talked to willma and she got us all set up.will be there the last weekend of aug. looking forward to a great time. ps whay is the speed limit on the lake if any and how are the boys in blue on drinking .

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fever 38 View Post
    ps what is the speed limit on the lake if any and how are the boys in blue on drinking .
    Speed Limit WHAT Speed Limit

Lake Cumberland is DRY, so stock up before you come. From what I have observed, as long as your not obscene, obnoxious, or acting stupid (with regard to alcohol consumption) or driving stupid, the water police will let you be. But there are others' can probably give you more specific advice on that aspect.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fever 38 View Post
    thanks for the tip. called today and talked to willma and she got us all set up.will be there the last weekend of aug. looking forward to a great time. ps whay is the speed limit on the lake if any and how are the boys in blue on drinking .
    The speed limit is directly related to the number of logs in the water that you can avoid.

The more I think about Cumberland the more I realize it was the worst body of water I have ever boated on and also the most dangerous because of the logs.

10. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteLT193 View Post
    The speed limit is directly related to the number of logs in the water that you can avoid.

The more I think about Cumberland the more I realize it was the worst body of water I have ever boated on and also the most dangerous because of the logs.
    that would not be any fun,, that has always scared me..!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

11. Collapse Details

first time i heard about logs that sounds scarry to me also.

12. Collapse Details

Logs are only an issue in the spring or after a major rain. Most likely you will not see a single log in August. You are coming at the best time of year for oveall water conditions. Relax....Have Fun!!!

As for the "Boys in Blue" they will only bother you if you give them a reason to. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

13. Collapse Details

thats good we think we will have a good time. cant wait to try new waters.

14. Collapse Details

I can vouch for Grider Also! Great Place to stay and excellent coves to raft up and chill

15. Collapse Details

Fever coozi's coozi's coozi's & you'll be fine..... Overload on fun drinks better to have to much & have left overs to take home, than run out!!!!

The log issue was Early last year because the lake being down 40ft from it's standard level for damn repairs & having so much rain it nearly brought the lake back up to it's standard level, The lake is still considered what regulars call down, but the lake is by no means shallow or short on surface areas to run your boat, As was mentioned in august you'll be yard pressed to see anything debris wise on the lake... Have a good time

16. Collapse Details

right on well the party is on so if anyone is going to be there an the 27 and 28th ,we will be at grider hill and the party cove . with lots of beer and plenty of coozies. if anyone will be there at the same time look us up and we will have a drink and shoot the sh_t.

17. Collapse Details

Logs will not be an issue. Vette visited the lake last year when we had almost record rain fall in a short period of time right before our event. This is my "home" lake and there will not be any issue! I have been going to Cumberland for 34 years and never saw it like Vette experienced!

Pack a color and head to Harmon Creek for some fun!