Thread: Boatless again

1. Collapse Details
    Boatless again
    Sold the Donzi last week

Gone are all the boats

I have had Checkmate (13'), Sanger (19') ,
    Scarabs (21' and 38'), Black Thunder(43'), Cigarette, (38') Donzie (16') and many other asundry little boats

I have made many friends through the offshore community (and lost just as many)

We may start looking in another year but i think my days of owning big boats (and them owning me) might be done for quite some time

I am not done (i hope) just on hiatus for a while LOL
    We still have the zodiac

2. Collapse Details

We're in the same boat...so to speak. Sucks.

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Thats sad to hear. I'd go crazy if I couldn't be on the water when summer arrives. I'd love to own a 43' BT, But I'd need to win the lottery first, LOL! So for now I have my 28' PQ.
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Thats sad to hear. I'd go crazy if I couldn't be on the water when summer arrives. I'd love to own a 43' BT, But I'd need to win the lottery first, LOL! So for now I have my 28' PQ.

Des not help when you live on the water and look out at my empty dock every day

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Just buy an other boat.....mine !!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

I know in the Northern States it's a short season and a lot of coin$$I try to get things going months before just not to give it up hope you get back in the game soon!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    move out to the boonies!! look at trees & leaves!

8. Collapse Details

you couldnt have kept the Donzi?

9. Collapse Details

Being on Spring Lake...

I ain't buying it

What are ya getting next????

10. Collapse Details

A short story:I sold the boat last fall to upgrade to a larger boat, but we started thinking let's take off a summer and save up more money Now this part of the plan was set in place in the winter so it made it very easy to say that and I bought a new snowmobile so that took my mind of boating. Now that the nice weather is here both my wife and I are having a hard time not having the boat. Some won't ever understand the addiction to owning a boat yeah some will argue the money side of it but I am having a hard time not having one right now people might laugh but this is one of the hardest things I have done and I thought this would be no big deal what's one summer

11. Collapse Details

we took a summer off a few yrs back while I repowered the boat and completly restored the bilge....we didnt know what to do with ourselves for that summer.

12. Collapse Details

we were in between boats one summer when I was about 10. most boring summer of my life!

13. Collapse Details

I sold the Cig and am boatless too! It is a good feeling "not having the boat own me". But I am sure when boating season is in full swing, I'll be wishing for a boat.

I am on hiatus too; but plan to start looking and riding center consoles as that is probably the next boat. "Right now" I like the looks and pricing of 36' Concepts, but am open minded. If I find just the right boat for just the right price . . . . . . .
    BillR

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Congrats Marc, wish I could say the same, I remember when Ian sold our Scarab, I thought we would go at least a year boatless, the Scarab was sold in the fall and by May we had purchased the BT. For me it's a love hate relationship, some days I love it and some days like in Jan when I am making the payment and the paying the insurance bill it seems like such a waste. I would like to bum rides for a while and kick in for expenses, but Ian likes having control of the wheel. You have a lot of friends in your area I am sure you will get out plenty. You are always welcome to come to Lake Erie and ride with us.

15. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    A short story:I sold the boat last fall to upgrade to a larger boat, but we started thinking let's take off a summer and save up more money Now this part of the plan was set in place in the winter so it made it very easy to say that and I bought a new snowmobile so that took my mind of boating. Now that the nice weather is here both my wife and I are having a hard time not having the boat. Some won't ever understand the addiction to owning a boat yeah some will argue the money side of it but I am having a hard time not having one right now people might laugh but this is one of the hardest things I have done and I thought this would be no big deal what's one summer
    I am not sure where you live, but we sometimes get out on Lake St Clair and we are often on Lake Erie, if you are interested you are welcome to join us on one of our outings. We are not the fastest boat but comfortable and safe.

16. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear that Mark !

17. Collapse Details

Sparky how are you ?? You still south ?

18. Collapse Details
    Registered
    Smile
    Good luck to ya, I tried to remain boatless but was lured back after 7years.

19. Collapse Details

Here is a video i put together with all my past boats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xu_D6dYpKo