Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    He's always been a really nice & approachable guy, every time I've ever talked to him myself, or have just watched him from afar.

The first time I met him, was at the Annapolis Boat Show in either 93 or possibly 94. He was standing in Rusty Wallaces' new 42 that he'd just built for him. It was when Rusty was driving the MGD branded cars, so the boat was Black, Gold, Yellow, Red, etc. Even back then, which was when he was doing a LOT of races, AND winning, he talked to my Dad & I for probably 30 minutes or so, uninterrupted.

No matter what happens to him with the company, or how old he gets, he remains a great people person. Even when I'm 100% against whatever marketing ploy he's using, I will always like him because of that rare ability to make everyone feel happy to have met him.

2. Collapse Details

Agree we always kid around but in my opinion he was always a class act.

3. Collapse Details

+1

4. Collapse Details

I keep going back and forth between giving him credit for looking at Brian's azz, or taking it away.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tom A. View Post
    1000 Islands Poker Run two/three years ago we were partying on the docks and Reggie was hanging out with everyone dressed in his jumpsuit and gold rimmed glasses. He stopped with our crew and B.S.ed for a few minutes, then moved on down the docks. A couple minutes later father and son spectators walked by after passing Reggie and the father turned to the son and said did you see the Elvis impersonator.
    I nearly fell off the dock laughing!
    I've got a picture of that somewhere....

6. Collapse Details

LOTO 2007
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OSS RACE 07 037.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Kinda funny there is an Outerlimits in the backround.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I keep going back and forth between giving him credit for looking at Brian's azz, or taking it away.
    I also gave him a hard time that year as he had two factory backed F1 Boats w/ hp600's as we used to call them. He did not come out ahead...haha

9. Collapse Details
    saw him at miami boat show this year
    met him at miami boat show this year - asked to take a picture with him and he said no problem be glad to

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    He's always been a really nice & approachable guy, every time I've ever talked to him myself, or have just watched him from afar.

The first time I met him, was at the Annapolis Boat Show in either 93 or possibly 94. He was standing in Rusty Wallaces' new 42 that he'd just built for him. It was when Rusty was driving the MGD branded cars, so the boat was Black, Gold, Yellow, Red, etc. Even back then, which was when he was doing a LOT of races, AND winning, he talked to my Dad & I for probably 30 minutes or so, uninterrupted.

No matter what happens to him with the company, or how old he gets, he remains a great people person. Even when I'm 100% against whatever marketing ploy he's using, I will always like him because of that rare ability to make everyone feel happy to have met him.
    Liberty Landing,N.J.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails get-attachment.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dykstra View Post
    Kinda funny there is an Outerlimits in the backround.
    I did this one awhile ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails regol51.jpg  
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

12. Collapse Details

Hollis.....I thought you went swimming at St Pete in 1999.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I did this one awhile ago
    I remember that!LOL

14. Collapse Details

We were racing the SBI New York Race and I saw Reggie sitting down having lunch with some friends. I had a picture of my Fountain Executioner and also my brothers I wanted Him to sign. I started to walk away as not to bug the guy while he was eating and he called out to me to come on over, he autographed both pictures and made a joke of how high we were flying through the air!! He B.S.ed with me for a while and he said Why you racing an Activator? We gotta get you boys in a Fountain lol I said soon Reggie soon.... The mans a living legend and a good guy, wish there were more people like him.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Reggie was always good to me. That is until I raced a Skater.

I have worn his Life Line, raced a few of his boats, flown in his plane { Toronto to New York}. He even surrendered a rented chopper to give my kids and Martins kids a ride over the city and Yankee Stadium. I could go on.

My favorite Reggie quote was in '98 when Art and I were at the factory to pick up the boat and leave for the Worlds in Biloxi. When we first pulled in he saw and stopped us in the truck. He had just learned his last two blower motors of the season were in the SuperV. That year he was racing the Unlimited Cat with Randy Scism. He didn't know what was going to happen. He had Art follow him around for a few hours asking questions. Finally after looking at the Trimax B boat he said, "" OK Arthur, I will let you run my last two motors but, you got to promise me you won't blow them up." Art starts to respond. Reggie says, "Get down off that boat, look me in the eye and promise me you won't blow up my motors."

16. Collapse Details

He is a good guy! I remember about three years ago, I was running a 38TE in the Jax poker run. We had the fastest fish boat that year on the run. LOL As I was feeling like a dumb azz for running a fish boat in the run, Reggie came up to the boat (with all 14 people on board) and thanked me for running his boats.

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I just remembered another one. It was after Art and Jeff clicked off a 138 mph back in i guess '99. I was standing in the chase boat with Fred Howenstien and Reggie. Reggie had the radar gun. He said, " I hadn't even gone that fast yet."

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Reggie was always good to me. That is until I raced a Skater.

I have worn his Life Line, raced a few of his boats, flown in his plane { Toronto to New York}. He even surrendered a rented chopper to give my kids and Martins kids a ride over the city and Yankee Stadium. I could go on.

My favorite Reggie quote was in '98 when Art and I were at the factory to pick up the boat and leave for the Worlds in Biloxi. When we first pulled in he saw and stopped us in the truck. He had just learned his last two blower motors of the season were in the SuperV. That year he was racing the Unlimited Cat with Randy Scism. He didn't know what was going to happen. He had Art follow him around for a few hours asking questions. Finally after looking at the Trimax B boat he said, "" OK Arthur, I will let you run my last two motors but, you got to promise me you won't blow them up." Art starts to respond. Reggie says, "Get down off that boat, look me in the eye and promise me you won't blow up my motors."
    One of yall had to ask me for the wrench at the ramp - haha,

19. Collapse Details

the second last yr the APBA went to Toronto.....me and some buddies walking around the dry pits we see a big crowd around the back of a privateer Fountain (Instigator?) sitting on the trailer, everybody peering intently into the bilge and not saying a word so we walk over to see whats going on......we cant see cause were standing on the ground but after a few minutes Reggie himself pops his head out and climbs out of the bilge giving instuctions the whole time....were like "Whoa" we had no idea......he was deep in the bilge of that boat with his slacks, dress shoes and dress shirt!......he hops down, wipes the grease off his hands with a rag straightens his tie, comes right over, shakes all our hands and says "Thanks for coming out to the races boys....!" pretty cool

20. Collapse Details

Wherever the sun is shining and the water is rough
    Reggie is definitely a good guy. Spent a solid 40 minutes with me at the NY show a couple of years ago talking boats. He showed me the 35 Lightning and even walked me around the 48 Sport Cruiser. We talked about racing and he gave me a little commentary on some of the videos that he had playing at the display.

Reggie told me if I was ever in NC I should come check out the factory, and he would even take me out to dinner as long as I brought my girlfriend (the one I was at the show with).

Nice guy.