1. Collapse Details
    Please, I need low cost parts......
    Title says it all.
    What have you got, I do not have alot of cash and looking at another Desert Storm go by with out me there is painfull.
    You know the kind of pain you don't want others to see.
    I tried, really tried to this old gal in the water, but I can not do it by myself and asking for help.
    I am doing everything I can to keep her, but cannot get past this hurdle..

I have 2 gen6 502's
    I need 2 cam set-ups and gears or timming chains.
    2 intakes (one of mine is junk and the other is about eaten all the way through the water jacket also).
    1 bearing set for the rods 0.10 under as well as the crank bearings 0.10 under
    I am not sure on the other set as the other bottom end has not been pulled apart and I will probably just run it that way.
    I will need 2 gasket sets, even if you have just some of them, I could buy it one at a time.

Don't have alot of cash and let me know if you have anything.
    I am willing to trade for metal polishing as I do that as much as I can.
    here are some of the stuff I have been doing for friends..
    just get it to me and will trade for parts as other have been doing.

some before after shots, (even though not done final polish)

Just let me know what you have and how much you want, I will be honest with you and tell you yes/no if I can or cannot afford it.

Thanks again

Johnny

2. Collapse Details

Been there, still there kinda... wish I could help but tossed my cams and sold the rest...

3. Collapse Details

nice polish work there amigo!

4. Collapse Details

Yea, keeps me busy and I enjoy trading for parts ...

Johnny

5. Collapse Details

What are you running for a boat? Also do you have any cash to spend? Ill see what i can gather up for you.
    -Mike

6. Collapse Details

I may have a pair of 465 cams for Gen 6. They may be able to be polished. I'll try to get to the shop today and look. They'd be yours for the freight if they're still there.

A word of advice- you may get offers of parts from good, well-intentioned people that want to help you. Some of these parts look OK but were replaced because they were at the end of their service life. If you don't have the $$ for bearing inserts, scraping up the coin for a new block, crank, rods, etc. is going to be WAY tougher. Just dont make a mistake that makes your hole that much deeper.

I'll see what I can find for you.

7. Collapse Details

You are not that far from Teague. You know between that shop and his engine shop, all of this stuff is laying on the shelf from take outs and upgrades. I am sure he has polishing done. I would think someone there could point you in the right direction. You need to find something local, freight is going to eat your lunch on parts that are give aways.

8. Collapse Details

WOW,
    Thanks for the replies, Yea, some of the stuff will be expensive to ship, but so if fuel running across southern cal.

I am hoping those that offer me some parts know if the parts are on the last leg, and yes, a shot motor would put me down real bad.

I really do not know what else to do at this point other then ask those out there what they got, just to get on the water at this point.

I have been trying to sell stuff, and had some luck, so it gives me a few bucks to spend on her.

I do not know if to many shops would take a gamble on me, for polishing, but it is a good idea. This is something I am working on as right know it has just been stuff from other boards.

I would like it to grow, as I called a shop in L.A. area and they said they are backed up two weeks, so even in this economy they are busy.

Since construction is so slow and who knows when it could turn around, I am focusing on Polishing parts/stuff for people with the hope I can get it to grow.
    I am also trying to get back into the driveshaft repair/making again.
    There is no-one around that does it anymore as the last shop closed up and all has to be sent out.
    I talked to my buddy the other day who works on the county trucks/cars and knew I made driveshafts before, he said he would send them my way and there needs to be someone out here making them again.
    problem is a lathe is going to cost at least $3-5k and then I need a small shop.
    But I could do it all in a small place, I am pushing for this at this point. who knows maybe it can happen.
    This is why I can't spend my money on the boat, what little I have I got to move foward and not be in the shape I am in.
    No one is going to get out of a hole with out working hard, at 46 years old, I never thought that I would be in this shape......

Sorry for rambling..
    But I do want to thank anyone who wants to help...

Johnny