1. Collapse Details
    clamp on mufflers
    Looking for 2 clamp on mufflers for 4 1/2" tailpipes for Stellings headers. Have manual switching Gaffrigs where when muffler is on water comes out the bottom. These do not quiet boat whatsoever. Tail pipe has signature Stellings 90 degree water separater tube (water and exhaust separate). What will help noise...sure to get a ticket. Was thinking ggb, gibson, or Zoomers...any suggestions?

2. Collapse Details

I've had the best results with GGB. They took a break from the marine market for a while but they are back in full swing.

Check 'em out. I highly recommend them.

Kurt

http://ggb.ca/

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no limits View Post
    Looking for 2 clamp on mufflers for 4 1/2" tailpipes for Stellings headers. Have manual switching Gaffrigs where when muffler is on water comes out the bottom. These do not quiet boat whatsoever. Tail pipe has signature Stellings 90 degree water separater tube (water and exhaust separate). What will help noise...sure to get a ticket. Was thinking ggb, gibson, or Zoomers...any suggestions?
    Call Mike @ Gaffrig, the new ones are the best on the market IMO !!!!!!!!
    They tested them and it really helps !!!

4. Collapse Details

I've used the shotgun silencers by Drew marine, work at idle and open up under power

http://www.drewmarine.com/products/shotgun/shotgun.html
    Run until it sounds expensive

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    I've used the shotgun silencers by Drew marine, work at idle and open up under power

http://www.drewmarine.com/products/shotgun/shotgun.html
    I have had these too, but this boat has quite a scream and although I love it...the water patrol does not. Have to get something good to knock down the sound.

6. Collapse Details

I had these clamped on to my stellings dry tails. They are air operated, and REALLY quiet it down. I know what your saying about the basic downfiring ones not doing much. Flipping them closed cruising at 3200 rpm, it went from being annoyingly loud, to super quiet with just a nice tone. I highly recomend these. THey are gaffrig superflow series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17927_2.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    I had these clamped on to my stellings dry tails. They are air operated, and REALLY quiet it down. I know what your saying about the basic downfiring ones not doing much. Flipping them closed cruising at 3200 rpm, it went from being annoyingly loud, to super quiet with just a nice tone. I highly recomend these. THey are gaffrig superflow series.
    Those look pretty nice! I think I'm going w/GGB though. They have some inserts that will work good. 8" and I can tack weld them in on the end and still if too loud...put the old gaffrig's back on. Thanks all!

8. Collapse Details

I have two new cmi muffers one set only owner did not like the look with them on $550