Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Shogren Marine. Fountain dealer near Chicago.

2. Collapse Details

I REDID MY 454 GAIN 7MPH THE GOT A 540DART OVER 600HP IF I NEW WHAT THE 540 WOULD DO ??I WOULD NOT GOT MY 454 DONE I TAKE THAT MONEY AND JUST BUY THE 540 !!!! MY BOAT WHEN I GOT IT IT DID 62MPH NOW WITH THE 540 IT RUNNIG IN THE LOW 80MPH JUST MY OPION.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    I REDID MY 454 GAIN 7MPH THE GOT A 540DART OVER 600HP IF I NEW WHAT THE 540 WOULD DO ??I WOULD NOT GOT MY 454 DONE I TAKE THAT MONEY AND JUST BUY THE 540 !!!! MY BOAT WHEN I GOT IT IT DID 62MPH NOW WITH THE 540 IT RUNNIG IN THE LOW 80MPH JUST MY OPION.
    Ill probably do a cam and exhaust for now. Im just lookin to get a little more ponies to gain 2-4 mph. Im hoping that'll do it.......

4. Collapse Details

if thats all you want i put a cam from bob marda and exhaust stainlless marine and set of roller rockers

5. Collapse Details

Scratch that. read the number wrong.
    Last edited by SickSation; 04-14-2010 at 06:31 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Before you do anything budget the exhaust with long risers. Then get a custom roller from Bob RMbuilder of Marine Kinetics. You will need to do a PCM reprogram also. Before you get started with this the quest for speed is expensive and addictive.
    The heads should be vortec L29's, large ovals and flow pretty well for a engine 500ci or less. The intake flows poorly and will be your weak link, the bottom end and cast parts will limit your RPM. Good Luck!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    Before you do anything budget the exhaust with long risers. Then get a custom roller from Bob RMbuilder of Marine Kinetics. You will need to do a PCM reprogram also. Before you get started with this the quest for speed is expensive and addictive.
    The heads should be vortec L29's, large ovals and flow pretty well for a engine 500ci or less. The intake flows poorly and will be your weak link, the bottom end and cast parts will limit your RPM. Good Luck!!

The world of boating seems to be expensive.

I can afford it, Its just hard to drop thousands on a boat that runs perfectly fine already. Im just stubborn and want to go faster like most guys. lol.
    I like the idea of exhaust, cam, and 502mpi intake and ECM. If i used stock ecm from a 502, I shouldnt have to reprogram it... right or wrong?

8. Collapse Details

Bob RMbuilder of Marine Kinetics. call him like jeff said he can set you up with out spending to much money . he no what cam you can use with out having to reprogram . . . tell him what you want to do and he will tell you what setup you have to chose from and the price . he has help a lot of guys with there setup u can reach him at =585 654 8583

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    Bob RMbuilder of Marine Kinetics. call him like jeff said he can set you up with out spending to much money . he no what cam you can use with out having to reprogram . . . tell him what you want to do and he will tell you what setup you have to chose from and the price . he has help a lot of guys with there setup u can reach him at =585 654 8583
    Ive heard his name mentioned on here many times. Ill give him a ring in a bit. Not sure where he's located so I'll wait a couple hrs. Thanks man.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SickSation View Post
    The world of boating seems to be expensive.

I can afford it, Its just hard to drop thousands on a boat that runs perfectly fine already. Im just stubborn and want to go faster like most guys. lol.
    I like the idea of exhaust, cam, and 502mpi intake and ECM. If i used stock ecm from a 502, I shouldnt have to reprogram it... right or wrong?
    You are not going to see an impressive gain with the stock program on anything other than a 500MPI blue motor program. Going with anything less would limit your entire build. My computer is laptop on the fly programable. What are your goals? How much HP or speed are you looking for? Just to let you know whatever goal you set you will most likely still not be happy. I went from 330HP at 55MPH to 500+HP and 70MPH, this year I am shooting for 76-78 MPH. I may be finished at this point, boat limitations will start showing after this. Just for example here is what I have and most of these upgrades were done over a period of years. BBC 489 stroker with forged internals, Holley MPI Kit with 42lb injectors & wideband O2, EMI exhaust w/long risers, RMbulder cam, Isky springs, moral lifters, large oval heads w/bigger valves, large 3" oil cooler. This year I raised the xdim up 3" and going to try Ram Air. Both of those threads are in cont and finish section.

11. Collapse Details

You are not going to see an impressive gain with the stock program on anything other than a 500MPI blue motor program. Going with anything less would limit your entire build. My computer is laptop on the fly programable. What are your goals? How much HP or speed are you looking for? Just to let you know whatever goal you set you will most likely still not be happy. I went from 330HP at 55MPH to 500+HP and 70MPH, this year I am shooting for 76-78 MPH. I may be finished at this point, boat limitations will start showing after this. Just for example here is what I have and most of these upgrades were done over a period of years. BBC 489 stroker with forged internals, Holley MPI Kit with 42lb injectors & wideband O2, EMI exhaust w/long risers, RMbulder cam, Isky springs, moral lifters, large oval heads w/bigger valves, large 3" oil cooler. This year I raised the xdim up 3" and going to try Ram Air. Both of those threads are in cont and finish section.
    Ill check your threads out. Im not lookin for anything crazy. Im runnin 68mph speedo right now. I know GPS speed is most certainly less than that. Im just llokin to gain whatever I can by getting rid of obvious restrictions in this engine. My plan it to put on the 502 efi intake, possibly RMbuilder cam, exhaust headers, and rockers and what i get is what i get. That should satisfy me for this year. Ill most likely get into an engine build this winter. I just want turn key reliable power versus all out power. I enjoy boating so i dont want to be wrenchin on the water. Went through that last year with an older boat.

12. Collapse Details

Ill check your threads out. Im not lookin for anything crazy. Im runnin 68mph speedo right now. I know GPS speed is most certainly less than that. Im just llokin to gain whatever I can by getting rid of obvious restrictions in this engine. My plan it to put on the 502 efi intake, possibly RMbuilder cam, exhaust headers, and rockers and what i get is what i get. That should satisfy me for this year. Ill most likely get into an engine build this winter. I just want turn key reliable power versus all out power. I enjoy boating so i dont want to be wrenchin on the water. Went through that last year with an older boat.
    If you do the 502MPI intake you will need to change your heads also. The mag engines have the rec port heads. You should probably think about selling your engine in stock working order. Then you could build a 540 from scratch and build some real power with all the right parts. Upgrading what you have would mean repacing almost every part on the engine. Also you should get a GPS, that speedo sounds way off.

13. Collapse Details

Just thought of another issue. I noticed you were thinking about aluminum heads. The heads you have are 100cc chambers with dish pistons. If you change the heads you will definatly have to change the pistons.

14. Collapse Details

Just thought of another issue. I noticed you were thinking about aluminum heads. The heads you have are 100cc chambers with dish pistons. If you change the heads you will definatly have to change the pistons.
    good god. Sounds like i just need to man up and build a motor. Does 454 mag have rect port or large oval? Would it be benificial at all to get a mag intake, Rm cam, ext headers?...... Or just give up, get a GPS, run stock this season, cry a little bit, and build some sick power for next year..?

15. Collapse Details

good god. Sounds like i just need to man up and build a motor. Does 454 mag have rect port or large oval? Would it be benificial at all to get a mag intake, Rm cam, ext headers?...... Or just give up, get a GPS, run stock this season, cry a little bit, and build some sick power for next year..?
    All the mag engines have rec port 454 or 502. Mags also have forged internals. In my opinion it is to close to boating season to be taking on a big project. I would run it stock this year, let everyone know your motor will be for sale at the end of the season. Then build a motor from scratch next winter. Then you can take your time and do it right.
    Be sure to get a GPS, be prepaired to be even more disapointed at the real speed.