View Poll Results: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN A NEW CHEETAHCAT?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 O/B

52 32.91%
  • 35 I/O

69 43.67%
  • 40 O/B

7 4.43%
  • 45 I/O

16 10.13%
  • 50 O/B

2 1.27%
  • 50 I/O

5 3.16%
  • 50 Turbines

16 10.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    The CG is a easy one to work out, that is done station by station on our drawings, same with waterlines ,curves of form, righting arm and etc that I used to do by hand on my small under 20 foot boats PIA, the angles I use are part of what makes my cats run along with the bottom running surface being Mass specific.
    I am LOST !!!!!! LOL .....but i bet its good info ..hehe

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I am LOST !!!!!! LOL .....but i bet its good info ..hehe
    Sorry I was not trying to present it that way. Thanks
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Sorry I was not trying to present it that way. Thanks
    NO,NO, not your fault...Steve,, i just don't have a clue about what u wrote..LOL

I guess i need to come to your shop and stay there for a week, then u can help me build my hatch for the boat and i can learn something !!!!!! LOL

4. Collapse Details

NO,NO, not your fault...Steve,, i just don't have a clue about what u wrote..LOL

I guess i need to come to your shop and stay there for a week, then u can help me build my hatch for the boat and i can learn something !!!!!! LOL

You are always welcome.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    You are always welcome.
    I'm on my way........

6. Collapse Details

I'm on my way........

DD Nice talking to you. regards.

7. Collapse Details

The CG is a easy one to work out, that is done station by station on our drawings, same with waterlines ,curves of form, righting arm and etc that I used to do by hand on my small under 20 foot boats PIA, the angles I use are part of what makes my cats run along with the bottom running surface being Mass specific.
    Is the CG based on a certain engine?

8. Collapse Details

Steve, how about the "pickle fork" length. What determines where the deck (wing) starts between the sponsons? Is some of it aestetics and looks? If the deck was extended all the way forward on most of todays cats, would they pack to much air and get flighty and possibly blowover?

FYI: I voted for 30 outboard cat

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    DD Nice talking to you. regards.
    Same here, C-YA soon !!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DKwestern View Post
    Steve, how about the "pickle fork" length. What determines where the deck (wing) starts between the sponsons? Is some of it aestetics and looks? If the deck was extended all the way forward on most of todays cats, would they pack to much air and get flighty and possibly blowover?

FYI: I voted for 30 outboard cat
    Some of my Cats had a full tunnel on the pleasure boat version but the race boats had a calculated maximum tunnel length from a theoretical lift "off" at a top speed beyond the boats ability. The weight of air at sea level was the starting point in these calculations.

11. Collapse Details

I voted 35 ish... Would be nice to see something from 28-35 with some small blocks or something like that could be run fast but stay under insurance nightmares. Raylar has those nice small blocks needing a test home...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ZBODaytona View Post
    I voted 35 ish... Would be nice to see something from 28-35 with some small blocks or something like that could be run fast but stay under insurance nightmares. Raylar has those nice small blocks needing a test home...
    Good points thank you for voting.

13. Collapse Details

Engine weight and setback both.Thanks for asking.
    Understandable. but when you look at a drawing/ boat without an engine where is the CG? And then when you add the weight of the engines what is the formula you use to determine where the CG becomes?

Is there an average weight used for people and fuel in this as well?

Without people where is it safe to lift with a forktruck and not fall off the end?

14. Collapse Details

On a race boat everything was considered ,Yes the engines are very much looked at in the design and on the drafting table as I do not ever Build Generic hulls and decks everything is specific to use and Power about the boat,I do not use any formula Per say but we had a time consuming method for this analysis that was very accurate. the weight of the fuel and crew is easy to establish in the cheetahcats

I keep the fuel around the CG so as it goes that effect is minimized like a seesaw with weight placed over the fulcrum has nil effect on the riders.

Forktruck? from the transom no problem.
    I would enjoy knowing what that method is. Could you explain it?

From a picture of my boat can you tell me where the cg is? I'm building a lift so this is interesting to me. TY

15. Collapse Details

Why don't you just single sling the boat to find the CG ?
    how do you do that and not damage the boat?

I'm thinking your formula would be easier. What exactly do you look at to calculate it?

16. Collapse Details

It will not damage the boat if done correctly and just takes a couple minutes,You can have the travel lift guy do it or drive under a A-frame.
    I understand that but prefer to know the safer way.

What is the formula you use if the boat is empty of gear and people? I am thinking my stuff in the boat is behind the cg so no issue on a lift.

17. Collapse Details

The 35 IO is ahead.

18. Collapse Details

Empty ?? it is a new boat in the design stage ,drawn exactly and I have the projected weight's per square foot of the hull shell,transom, internal structure, power and so forth. There is no pictures and guess work involved.
    No. A 28 Skater but the weight thru out should be equal since lamination was.

But the engines and setback are in your formula? What exactly would 100 lbs moved back one foot do to the CG? Move it an "?"

19. Collapse Details

What I did on one system was divide the boat into 12" scale strips (I draw 1" scale)on a clean sheet of tracing paper placed over my drawing including the engines.

Each strip was then assigned its exact calculated weight then simple addition revealed the actual CG.
    So moving 100 lbs forward or backwards 12" would move the CG how far?

20. Collapse Details

That would depend on the distance from the CG and the weight of the boat.
    Reread. 12". The weight of the boat would not be an issue.