Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sail boaters vs. Power boaters...

Never ceases to amaze me the disdain shown by sail boaters towards power boaters. Comical at times and down right irritating at others…

http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

2. Collapse Details

A buddy of mine on here few years ago near Lake St Clair I believe went by a blo'r & got flipped off, buddies boat broke something w/ 1 engine & was limp'n back on 1 & the blo'r passes him & flips him off again!!!

3. Collapse Details

If it took me 5 hours to cross 5 miles to get a drink at my bar of choice I would be pissed at the world too..
    My favorite is the fact they think its their god given right to anchor a 50ft sailboat in the middle of a channel , middle of the night with a 1/2 watt anchor light 100ft in the air.

4. Collapse Details

next time they flip you off slow down and spend the next hour along side of him reving you engines every so often
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

5. Collapse Details

I've boated in Long Island Sound for 35 years and can't remember any time where I've been at odds with a sailor. I always wave and usually get a wave back. I'm sure the loser sailor is out there, but I think this story goes both ways, I've seen plenty of irresponsible behavior displayed by some power boaters for sure.

6. Collapse Details

I have a friend who has his blow boat on Galveston Island about a 30 minute ride for us at 60mph. I asked him why he never sails it up to our area of Clear Lake and Galveston Bay. He looked at me and says "that is an all day trip for him if the winds are right". Never thought about it that way.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BY U BOY View Post
    next time they flip you off slow down and spend the next hour along side of him reving you engines every so often

8. Collapse Details

Brownie tells a story about 2 of his buddies picking up a sailbaot in the Bahamas and sailing back to Miami, The Sailor of the 2 looks down at the Knot meter and thier going maybe 5 knots and he tells the other guy " we're Flat F*ckin Flying" we'll be back in Miami in a day.

9. Collapse Details

My mechanic here in CT used to run a 27 Magnum. On the back it said "So many Sailbotes...so little time"
    www.blackduckcafe.net

10. Collapse Details

We run our poker run right through a fleet of sail boats. It seems, without fail the lake is covered with sailboats when we come through. We just weave and dodge and keep going. Never an incident yet, but the guys in the fishing boats...we've gotten plenty of one finger salutes from them.

11. Collapse Details

It's all a matter of saleboters' perception of us powerboaters. Once we show them the facts, everything will be fine. See explanation below, courtesy of Berkeley Breathed and Boating Magazine years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1powerboater_versus_sailboater_edited.jpg  
    Last edited by C_Spray; 04-09-2010 at 10:53 AM.

12. Collapse Details

Registered
    Never had a problem with sailboaters. Do have a problem with the big cruiser owners that use the boat for a cocktail lounge, never leaves the marina and stares at or shouts "No wake" at virtually every boats passing by. Usually he's overweight, gold chain bedecked and he and his wife look like beef jerky from years sitting in the sun.
    There, I'm done !
    ed

13. Collapse Details

What...? Only sailboaters flip you guys off? I must be doing something wrong...EVERYONE flips me off. Don't even have to be on the boat...

14. Collapse Details

What's a sailboat again???
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

15. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    What's a sailboat again???
    It's sloooooooooooooooooooooow!
    ________

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Never had a problem with sailboaters. Do have a problem with the big cruiser owners that use the boat for a cocktail lounge, never leaves the marina and stares at or shouts "No wake" at virtually every boats passing by. Usually he's overweight, gold chain bedecked and he and his wife look like beef jerky from years sitting in the sun.
    There, I'm done !
    ed
    I had a docked sailboater do the same thing to me but he took out his camera as well..shouting across the marina that he was sending his photographic evidence of my excessive wake to the water patrol. Needless to say......I never heard from anybody about it.

BTW....I was running on 1 engine with the stick all the way back!

17. Collapse Details

OMG, were to start! Run alot in dark coming back from Charlevoix(Wrinkleface can't come out in lake at night-afraid of dark) blo-boaters always sailing middle of lake with no lights on! Anchor all around our end of lake because it's free! People living on Lake have to listen to the clanking of the cables all night long(DNR trying to force out). Best one ever, two guys sail about 15 ft in front of me and tack, I said something, a few words and I started the engines. Stayed beside them and forced them to stay even with shore and would not let them tack back out. Legal distance, laughing my butt off.

18. Collapse Details

Ask any waitress about thier tipping, anyone working at a bar with docks will tell you they suck also!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I've boated in Long Island Sound for 35 years and can't remember any time where I've been at odds with a sailor. I always wave and usually get a wave back. I'm sure the loser sailor is out there, but I think this story goes both ways, I've seen plenty of irresponsible behavior displayed by some power boaters for sure.
    x2.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    What...? Only sailboaters flip you guys off? I must be doing something wrong...EVERYONE flips me off. Don't even have to be on the boat...
    You too?
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh