Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Think about how many seasons you could enjoy out on the water buying Tank's boat vs. working on this mess, ruining your marrage and never knowing what the next additional unknown expense will be.
    ed

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Think about how many seasons you could enjoy out on the water buying Tank's boat vs. working on this mess, ruining your marrage and never knowing what the next additional unknown expense will be.
    ed
    +1.....That guy on OSO from with the crispy TG still hasn't splashed that boat and it has been 2+ years!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Well, if u bring the boat to lipship...or any other big name shop ..u are correct!!!!!!!

But if u do it yourself, u be fine with my price....hoses,gauges,wiring....maybe 3K if that. mmmhhhhh ..so we are still under 50 !!!!

DD I know you could pull off some type of deal with all your racer connections but even doing work yourself you have to fact in a value for that. 1,000 hours of labor at $20 an hour is still 20K in your own labor. Most people should factor in their own labor rate (like what you make at work so you can see what you really spent vs. paying someone else).

Lipship would laugh at this project and turn it down......I think the little parts are what will really catch the buyer by surprise when the totals are added up!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    I spent 150K refreshing my boat. That was with everything there and working perfect.
    Words of wisdom right there!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    +1.....That guy on OSO from with the crispy TG still hasn't splashed that boat and it has been 2+ years!
    Travis is just a good ole boy with a family and a big barn to play in. He is a super nice guy and helps a lot of other boaters with their projects "in his barn" for free. I have no doubt he will finish it at some point and will hold together. He is one of those guys that likes to work on stuff more then playing in them.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    Travis is just a good ole boy with a family and a big barn to play in. He is a super nice guy and helps a lot of other boaters with their projects "in his barn" for free. I have no doubt he will finish it at some point and will hold together. He is one of those guys that likes to work on stuff more then playing in them.
    Thats the man then,,right there...

PS.: if there is anything i can help him find for a deal..let me know !!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Its up over 10k now.....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Its up over 10k now.....
    Damn,,,u had to throw those extra 98 bucks .....mmmhhhh

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    I was just there today & he was helping someone fix an axle/hub problem on a trailer, then someone stopped by & asked if he could help change pump in an alpha drive. When i left he was tilling a flower garden for his wife.

I know he has been working to get the Bullet done by June so that gets most of his boat attention.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    The copy in the ad is HILARIOUS! "...or just drive it like it is..." Hahahahahahaaaaaaa!
    LMAO, are you kidding me!!!!

11. Collapse Details

Funny questions on that boat:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Lee, Are closer pics of dashes headed my? Thanks! Dave in Iowa Apr-13-10
    A: Yep, just sat down.
    Q: Hi there, do you have any equipment on site to load it onto a flatbed trailer? Thanks. Apr-13-10
    A: It has now been moved to a towing and recovery facility that has all types of equipment. Thanks for looking.
    Q: Who are you trying to fool, this boat started on fire, wasn't next to the fire, or fire jumped to this boat, belts are burned right off the motors. I think buyer of this boat will have a legitimate lawsuit if you sell it under those pretences. Apr-13-10
    A: Dear Arizona, I will pray for you. Seek the will of God. I happen to live here and know the recovery personnel, so even if I wasn't a Judge, you would lose anyway. Try and take a deep breath. Easy does it. Read the bible. Proverbs would be a good place to start. There are 31 Proverbs, one for each day of the month. Dare you to read it!
    Q: Minor fiberglass damage...the motors look seriously cooked...do you furnish a large jar of KY JELLY with this boat or is the transaction going to be dry? Apr-11-10
    A: Dear Texas, please bid from the photos. You are a quick study, there was a fire here, not black paint that needs to be wiped off. My sons description takes a stab at some humor, but make no mistake it will take some work. I can assure you, the buyers here understand that. I suggest you not bid unless you can understand what you see from experience. Keep in mind you are looking at a boat worth well over a hundred grand. Thanks for looking.
    Q: Send me the HIN number stamped in the transom on the upper starboard side or from your paperwork, thanks Apr-10-10
    A: The number on the bill of sale is CRTUSG03E102. I have not seen the boat so I cannot tell you any other numbers than that. However, if you are going to bid, please bid now as I am getting requests to sell now and end auction early. Which I am going to do rather than move it twice.
    Q: very interested in this boat please give me a number I can contact you at. I will be in meetings this a.m. I will call after lunch Thanks! David Hoffman 515-987-0160 Apr-08-10
    A: You can reach me at 225 205 1675. Lee

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Funny questions on that boat:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Lee, Are closer pics of dashes headed my? Thanks! Dave in Iowa Apr-13-10
    A: Yep, just sat down.
    Q: Hi there, do you have any equipment on site to load it onto a flatbed trailer? Thanks. Apr-13-10
    A: It has now been moved to a towing and recovery facility that has all types of equipment. Thanks for looking.
    Q: Who are you trying to fool, this boat started on fire, wasn't next to the fire, or fire jumped to this boat, belts are burned right off the motors. I think buyer of this boat will have a legitimate lawsuit if you sell it under those pretences. Apr-13-10
    A: Dear Arizona, I will pray for you. Seek the will of God. I happen to live here and know the recovery personnel, so even if I wasn't a Judge, you would lose anyway. Try and take a deep breath. Easy does it. Read the bible. Proverbs would be a good place to start. There are 31 Proverbs, one for each day of the month. Dare you to read it!
    Q: Minor fiberglass damage...the motors look seriously cooked...do you furnish a large jar of KY JELLY with this boat or is the transaction going to be dry? Apr-11-10
    A: Dear Texas, please bid from the photos. You are a quick study, there was a fire here, not black paint that needs to be wiped off. My sons description takes a stab at some humor, but make no mistake it will take some work. I can assure you, the buyers here understand that. I suggest you not bid unless you can understand what you see from experience. Keep in mind you are looking at a boat worth well over a hundred grand. Thanks for looking.
    Q: Send me the HIN number stamped in the transom on the upper starboard side or from your paperwork, thanks Apr-10-10
    A: The number on the bill of sale is CRTUSG03E102. I have not seen the boat so I cannot tell you any other numbers than that. However, if you are going to bid, please bid now as I am getting requests to sell now and end auction early. Which I am going to do rather than move it twice.
    Q: very interested in this boat please give me a number I can contact you at. I will be in meetings this a.m. I will call after lunch Thanks! David Hoffman 515-987-0160 Apr-08-10
    A: You can reach me at 225 205 1675. Lee
    O K ,,,so what was the outcome ??????
    and its not our Lee here is it ??? LOL

13. Collapse Details

Isn't ending an auction early for a bidder, when it wasn't a buy it now against ebay policy?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    ed
    Ohhhh, I missed this one!! Yea, buy my boat!!
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

15. Collapse Details

its a parts boat nothing else

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    O K ,,,so what was the outcome ??????
    and its not our Lee here is it ??? LOL
    If by slight chance that you are refering to me, NO

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If by slight chance that you are refering to me, NO
    LOL..thought so !!!!!!