Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

John Does the new trailer have electric or hyd brakes. My surge setup stops great, but the disc brakes like to stick. Ive bought a new master cylinder, brake lines an had all 6 calipers rebuilt. And they still stick a little and get warm.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
    John Does the new trailer have electric or hyd brakes. My surge setup stops great, but the disc brakes like to stick. Ive bought a new master cylinder, brake lines an had all 6 calipers rebuilt. And they still stick a little and get warm.
    Mine has electric over hydraulic. Meaning an electric actuator in the tow cab activates the hydraulic pump that applies the brakes on the trailer. Full electric brakes on a boat trailer, like a travel trailer, can't work due to water submersion. You should be able to have a trailer facility change your system over if you prefer. Only changes the front of your trailer and you can drill and pin your surge slide tongue system. The good thing about the system I have is that you can apply your brakes while backing down a boat ramp. Nice for the big BT. Make sure your surge system grease fittings are working well to get grease to the slide part. If it doesn't slide all the way out after stopping, it will cause brakes to be applied. T

3. Collapse Details

Just reiterating what I've said before and what many others have said, electric over hydraulic.

4. Collapse Details

My brake problem is the brake pistons keep sticking in the caliper.when brakeing hard. People seem to want to pull in front of me on the rode. John said hes got a duel tandem. I havent seen a duel tandem electric Hyd setup. I got a triple duel gooseneck work trailer. Ive backed it under water a lot. brakes are still working just fine. Ive been pulling old boats out for people at the dox
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crime pays.jpg  

5. Collapse Details
    Thumbs down
    Where is the guy that started this thread and why r we not hearing his comments. Kinda pisses me off to start a thread and not comment! Thanks dude!

6. Collapse Details

Monopoly left motor don't ru run it's not getting fuel

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Monopoly 46 View Post
    Monopoly left motor don't ru run it's not getting fuel
    Time to send it to perfomance boat brokerage for service

8. Collapse Details

my dad called them he got it fix

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
    Yes its electric over hydraulic disc 10,000 lb axles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3436.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	59966

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Yes its electric over hydraulic disc 10,000 lb axles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3436.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	59966
    Nice. Does the gooseneck tow better that the triple?.

11. Collapse Details

My triple axle was a goose neck also so tows the same just more tires and less wheel bearings to have go bad and the wheel bearings are twice the size.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Where is the guy that started this thread and why r we not hearing his comments. Kinda pisses me off to start a thread and not comment! Thanks dude!
    Sorry to piss you off...it was not my intent...

I was taught by a very wise man (my dad)...that it is better to ask, then listen...than to, ask, then talk, with nothing meaningful to say...

Which is the case at hand...I realized that I really don't know the subject matter...so, I asked the question and am intently listening and taking copious notes...

For the record, I monitor this and other truck/trailering/hauling threads several times a day...and have learned much...

I realized that I know boats and waterways, but also realized that I know absolutely nothing about towing/hauling big boats on a regular (non-commercial) boat trailer...

I have learned so much from all of your comments, and I thank you...Especially concerning the different truck/trailer/hitch/brake set-ups...There are many very experienced and knowledgable BT & big boat owners on this board...and eventually, I'd like to be one of them...

I also monitor the "Tough Lesson's Learned" and the always popular "Did you see the Nor-Tec crashed on the interstate???" threads...and I surely do not want to be one of them...but,again...that is why I ask...

Rest assured...your comments, insights, thoughts and "Lessons Learned" are not in vain...And are more valuable personally, than you can imagine...

I haven't posted on this thread...because, I am being enlightened and I am just soaking it all in...

Divenstar
    Last edited by Divenstar; 04-22-2010 at 07:55 AM.

13. Collapse Details

Any pics of the boat yet.
    Bobby

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Divenstar View Post
    Sorry to piss you off...it was not my intent...

I was taught by a very wise man (my dad)...that it is better to ask, then listen...than to, ask, then talk, with nothing meaningful to say...

Which is the case at hand...I realized that I really don't know the subject matter...so, I asked the question and am intently listening and taking copious notes...

For the record, I monitor this and other truck/trailering/hauling threads several times a day...and have learned much...

I realized that I know boats and waterways, but also realized that I know absolutely nothing about towing/hauling big boats on a regular (non-commercial) boat trailer...

I have learned so much from all of your comments, and I thank you...Especially concerning the different truck/trailer/hitch/brake set-ups...There are many very experienced and knowledgable BT & big boat owners on this board...and eventually, I'd like to be one of them...

I also monitor the "Tough Lesson's Learned" and the always popular "Did you see the Nor-Tec crashed on the interstate???" threads...and I surely do not want to be one of them...but,again...that is why I ask...

Rest assured...your comments, insights, thoughts and "Lessons Learned" are not in vain...And are more valuable personally, than you can imagine...

I haven't posted on this thread...because, I am being enlightened and I am just soaking it all in...

Divenstar

Sorry about that rant. I was hung over. I am a little confused, have you not trailered your boat much? Which one is it. The BT family is small so Im sure one of will know the boat. As all have said before, good luck and well wished in your towing adventures. Just drive the speed your comfortable with. For me, thats around 80, and for Bob Jenkins, 90...

Chris

15. Collapse Details

and for Bob Jenkins, speed limiter...

Chris

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    I am always hung over.

Chris

17. Collapse Details

Sorry about that rant. I was hung over. I am a little confused, have you not trailered your boat much? Which one is it. The BT family is small so Im sure one of will know the boat. As all have said before, good luck and well wished in your towing adventures. Just drive the speed your comfortable with. For me, thats around 80, and for Bob Jenkins, 90...

Chris
    I would set the cruis at 78 and go

18. Collapse Details

You guys are begging for the blue lights at 80 or 90.

Good luck guys out there and safe towing.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    lol

20. Collapse Details

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. Lol