Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    nice interior but the exterior paint is a little plain....
    Sometimes less is more.

Awsome ride.

2. Collapse Details

It's a sweet boat!

Canopies are not for everyone...obviously! That's why they are "Custom" boats, you can get whatever you like. I don't have a dog in this fight so I'm just observing. I do notice a lot of closed canopy OL's at poker runs that are stictly pleasure boats. I have no doubt that Peter kept saftey in mind during the design of this boat.

"Coupe" style cruisers are becoming the norm, people like the air conditioning and comfort of a closed cockpit design. No surprise it's carrying over to the performance boat market. As mentioned before, it will certainly extend the boating season!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    The gentleman that ordered and PAID for it, is the one that needs to be satisfied with the product! If it is his first boat, he should use good judgement in its use, as for the safety factor any accident over 100 mph will probably not have good results.

Wish I could afford one!
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

4. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    If memory serves me correctly, his last boat was a little eh hemm, "differen't"

5. Collapse Details

wait! is that a teak an holley sole floor????!! that looks way out of place

6. Collapse Details

Boy, you guys are a buzz kill.

He is an older gentlemen and has been boating all his life. Every boat he has are enclosed in some way. He is not out there to run in the first group, he is out there to run at a fast cruise and be 100% comfortable.

Geeze, if you don't like it, thats fine, just don't go on a rant about safety, ****ty paint, looks dangerous, looks like an MTI........

Maybe we should start a thread about Alberts new 48. That Terminator theme is the best......

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck View Post

He is an older gentlemen and has been boating all his life. Every boat he has are enclosed in some way. He is not out there to run in the first group, he is out there to run at a fast cruise and be 100% comfortable.

Geeze, if you don't like it, thats fine, just don't go on a rant about safety, ****ty paint, looks dangerous, looks like an MTI........

Maybe we should start a thread about Alberts new 48. That Terminator theme is the best......
    Maybe you should'nt Nobody said that thing looks like an MTI

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck View Post

9. Collapse Details

I would say the boat is a unique design and also took a lot of thought and work to create.

As far as safety... Who gives a ****, if you think its unsafe don't ride in it. These are toys for the owners and if he chooses a risk that some see in the design then that's his choice. I have no problem with closed canopys. Everything has risks.

Should it have stickers on it saying you will die if this boat flips over. No, and in reality if it did flip over it looks like the top would break apart and allow people to push the canopy out of there way.

10. Collapse Details

Maybe some of you missed it, but this is a discussion forum. People are going to make comments. Some brilliant, some asinine. Most somewhere in between.

If you don't like being subjected to the unvarnished opinions of others, the internet is probably not a place for you.

People are free to make their own choices. If they make a choice and it results in their injury or death, so be it. But, I have a few concerns. First, most "guests" assume the person that owns/operates the boat is looking out for their best interests. In many cases that's simply not true. People unknowingly being put in jeopardy is not a good thing. Second, when something bad happens it often affects others. You may have noticed where Brunswick was just hit with $3+ million judgment because a skiier was injured by a prop on a power package they manufactured. If everyone hit by a prop gets $3Mil, we're all in trouble. Plus, for all the rest of you who lament the fact that insurance on these boats is impossible to get now, do you think it's going to get any better if we lose a few more boaters? Lastly, I watched a very expensive turbine-powered cat barrel roll in Key West harbor just a couple months ago- at what one would consider low speed. I would have never thought it possible. So I wonder just how well any of us- including the buyer of this new boat- really understand the possibilities and the risks.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor RACESDAD's Avatar
    the owner has been running boats for a very long time. he even raced. if he likes it, so be it. i think the classic sidelines of the boat are cool. the woodgrain, very cool. if it was mine i would have had the whole boat done in wood grain. LOL. yes i would, because no one else has done it.
    cool boat collegewood and skater

12. Collapse Details

At least someone is spending money on toys. They might not be the most attractive toys to some of us, but he is the guy who stroked the check.

Is is just me or does this thing look like the inside of a Cobalt?
    I do dig the old school wooden cup holders for the backseat passengers. I wonder it those came out of the Overton's catalog?

13. Collapse Details

If you guys saw his last few boats you would not be suprised by this Skater. Remember, Skater builds custom boats for it's buyers (fairly obvious here).

This Skater is right on par with the last 3-4 canopied boats I've seen that Mr. College owned, especially his Eliminator and 40 Advantage.

Congrats to him and Skater on a great new completed, bought and paid for project....Now comes the time to enjoy it.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

14. Collapse Details

It's all about personal preferences when it comes to what people like and dislike about a certain boat style, paint or manufacturer.

First I'd like to congratulate the new owner on his new ride and hope he has a lot of fun with it. Skater builds a fantastic boat and I'm sure he won't be disappointed.

Is it one I'd buy, probably not and tend to agree with some here on the canopies. But I can see the obvious reason's some people like to have a roof over their head it's just not something I would enjoy but then again I'm not the one putting up the green.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
    wait! is that a teak an holley sole floor????!! that looks way out of place
    Correct on the sole material, Bill.

16. Collapse Details

sorry i was repetitive. I was typing fast.

17. Collapse Details

he told Skater what he wanted and they did a great job. Why is there so much debate about it? Its HIS BOAT.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2 View Post
    Let's face it guys the man has a new boat and they (skater) built it his way and with that in mind why so much controversy over another mans boat and a new one at that ! Hey guys the bottom line is you all sound like a bunch of bickering hens at this point and congratulations to the new owner and ENJOY...........

19. Collapse Details

Registered
    Very nice boat.
    Regarding all forms of canopy boats ....
    What is the visability to the operators rear quarters and direct rear ?
    I know as a operator I'm continually scanning the water to insure I'm not closing on another boat or on a collision course regardless of right of way and also want to know if I'm being overtaken.
    ed

20. Collapse Details

For the folks in the MidWest, back East, NorthEast and Bay area it would be a great idea for a lid, extends the usable season does it not?