1. Collapse Details
    Arnesons on a 30 Velocity
    Has anyone ran Arnesons on a 30" 1987 Velocity? Also, what Arnesons are these and how much HP will they handle?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arneson.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak2030 View Post
    Has anyone ran Arnesons on a 30" 1987 Velocity? Also, what Arnesons are these and how much HP will they handle?
    RIK,could tell u all about it....they are old #6 i believe and need a counter rotating engine on 1 side....HP ~ 550-600 maybe.

Will it work,,YES,,if u listen to RIK and build it his way it will !!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

thats a hustler.....andy is that boat for sale??? if you dont end up with it let me know

4. Collapse Details

I talked to Steve Stepp several times about the conversion. I picked up a set of 6's and considered it. At the time he'd never done it and I can't say I've seen one since then.

You'll need transom wedges to get them set up properly. They may no longer be available, so I'd check first.

5. Collapse Details

Those look different than the ones ive seen on the older 32 Hustlers. The ones i have seen on them were the old 1600 series. They put the props close together and seemed to work well on this hull.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture%20031.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Those are ASD6 Drop Box Drives. There is not need for wedge plates nor counter rotating engines as the drives have the rotation built into them.

That boat is a 32' Hustler that ran in some race class back in it's day with 330 hp Mercruiser's and it ran in the low 90's back then. Fiore set the boat up for racing and the drives were originally set up closer and the engines were really close as they used a cast manifold. Had to move the engines outboard more when they could no longer get those manifolds. Moved the drives also.

As for a Velocity, I would use the newer #7M drives for obvious reasons and the boat would run very well. One can build the conversion kits with these drives though.

The ASD6's were rated at 650 hp.

That boat is located in MD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 001.jpg   Picture 002.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Those are ASD6 Drop Box Drives. There is not need for wedge plates nor counter rotating engines as the drives have the rotation built into them.

That boat is a 32' Hustler that ran in some race class back in it's day with 330 hp Mercruiser's and it ran in the low 90's back then. Fiore set the boat up for racing and the drives were originally set up closer and the engines were really close as they used a cast manifold. Had to move the engines outboard more when they could no longer get those manifolds. Moved the drives also.

As for a Velocity, I would use the newer #7M drives for obvious reasons and the boat would run very well. One can build the conversion kits with these drives though.

The ASD6's were rated at 650 hp.

That boat is located in MD.

Thanks RIK, for clearing this up...i knew something ...LOL

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I talked to Steve Stepp several times about the conversion. I picked up a set of 6's and considered it. At the time he'd never done it and I can't say I've seen one since then.

You'll need transom wedges to get them set up properly. They may no longer be available, so I'd check first.
    No wedges are needed. With the new ASD8's I've designed there is no wedge plates for them and ASD6's never had a need for any either.

9. Collapse Details

No wedges are needed. With the new ASD8's I've designed there is no wedge plates for them and ASD6's never had a need for any either.
    I didn't end up doing it. That was just something Stepp told me I'd need to make the 6's work- never explored why.

10. Collapse Details

???? Fiore made up those spacers as they tilted the drives (something I've never seen done with an ASD6)

Transom wedges for a ASD6? Unless he has a 0 degree transom or something abnormal (you'd need a wedge for any drive used in that case) there would be no need for them...

11. Collapse Details

If you ever talked to Steve, he had his own "theories".

12. Collapse Details

????? I only know of two ways to mount a drive. The wrong way and the right way

13. Collapse Details

Geez Rik. How long you been around this sport?

If I had a nickel for every unique piece of theoretical speed enhancement cobbed onto a boat...

14. Collapse Details

Just noticed how low those exhaust holes are on the above Hustler. Those things must be at or below the water line.

I think the asd would be alot more reliable and faster than your current TRS drives on your velocity.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Just noticed how low those exhaust holes are on the above Hustler. Those things must be at or below the water line.

I think the asd would be alot more reliable and faster than your current TRS drives on your velocity.
    When customers change from a TRS to the Arneson conversion kits they typically see 15-20 mph increase in speeds.

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    When customers change from a TRS to the Arneson conversion kits they typically see 15-20 mph increase in speeds.
    RIk, did u get my PM ???LOL