Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Big day at Sunsation factory today!
    They have two new boats to test today! The all new 36 is going to hit the water with a pair of staggered 525s and the Ilmor powered F4. The 36 bottom was designed by Tres Martinand will be faster than the 32 with identical power due to the more efficient hull/staggered power. The F4 w/Merc 700's will run low 100's (with 1075's runs mid 120's) so with the lighter Ilmor power and more efficient Indy drives combined with the poker run cabin the F4 should be a pretty fast 43!
    Last edited by Chris; 04-14-2010 at 10:30 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Can't wait heading there this afternoon to drop off Matt B Millers boat for the open house. I really want to hear the numbers on the 36' should scoot along pretty good! Sunsation deserves a lot of credit for their desire to move forward with new product and ideas in a industry down turn! My hat is off to you guy’s! It is just nice to hear some good news from boat builders I hope this pace continues
    Last edited by Sunsation96; 04-07-2010 at 10:16 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Looking forward to hearing the numbers! Should be a great day at the factory today!
    Congrats guys, good luck with the testing!!!

4. Collapse Details

That's got to be exciting for them. It's great to see a builder doing innovating things in a down turn economy. Nice job Sunsation.

5. Collapse Details

Very cool and can't wait to hear how things go!

6. Collapse Details

really interested to see how the 36 runs and what type of speeds.
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by yesrej View Post
    really interested to see how the 36 runs and what type of speeds.
    Joe at Sunsation said it will be faster than the 32's for sure. A 32/525 boat runs low 90's so I would love to see the 36 tapping the door at 95! With 700's or 725's that boat should be running real close to 110. A 32 w/600's breaks the 100 mph mark but I am not sure there is an official number on the top speed (they only built one).

8. Collapse Details

Well don't know if they are testing the weather sucks right now mother nature needs to make up her mind what she wants to do typical women! It is sunny then rain then dark! WTF

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsation96 View Post
    Well don't know if they are testing the weather sucks right now mother nature needs to make up her mind what she wants to do typical women! It is sunny then rain then dark! WTF
    Tell Wayne to put on his snowmobile gear, goggles and go get some good numbers!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Tell Wayne to put on his snowmobile gear, goggles and go get some good numbers!
    I remember doing just that with Wayne, 3 days before Christmas about 15yrs ago in the first 32' w/hp500's, the helmets were to keep your head from freezing.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    ...The F4 w/Merc 700's will run low 100's... so with the lighter Ilmor power and more efficient Indy drives combined with the poker run cabin the F4 should be a pretty fast 43!
    That's the comparison we'd all like to see. As close as possible to a true heads-up test between 700/NXT's and 725/Indy's.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by C_Spray View Post
    That's the comparison we'd all like to see. As close as possible to a true heads-up test between 700/NXT's and 725/Indy's.
    I would too, this may as close as it gets. I know the Ilmor F4 is lighter I think but compared to the regular F4 with the Merc 700's will be cool to find out. I know the Sunsation w/700's have ran very well and turn key I am sure the Ilmor will not be any different than turn key also. It is also neet to see the support that Ilmor Dude gives on this board and maybe others

13. Collapse Details

I would too, this may as close as it gets. I know the Ilmor F4 is lighter I think but compared to the regular F4 with the Merc 700's will be cool to find out. I know the Sunsation w/700's have ran very well and turn key I am sure the Ilmor will not be any different than turn key also. It is also neet to see the support that Ilmor Dude gives on this board and maybe others
    Ilmor boat is much lighter. The motors/drives are a few hundred pounds less each and to make the COG correct they did the poker run cabin (very bare, no head, no benches, no v-berth just carpeted walls/floor.

Neat part is the Ilmors are more efficient HP thru drive to prop and burn a lot less fuel at WOT!

14. Collapse Details

Well Sun96 is right the weather is really messing everything up on us right now.

If we get break in the weather we will be running them both if not it will have to wait until Thursday.

http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/mi_/radar.asp
    2nd Annual Sunsation Factory Open House. April 10th-11th. Don't miss this preseason event!

Check us out on FACEBOOK

15. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Should be a "good" comparison but not that accurate. If Wayne and Joe could provide a weight hull to hull BEFORE engine and drive install, then you could factor in the weight difference. Thanks Sun96, i love my job and the boating industry!!! Ill help whenever i can, and a few "members/customers" have my cell number and know where to call after hours........
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

16. Collapse Details

cant wait to here how they run

17. Collapse Details

Wish i could have been there
    David will be there tomorrow and taking lot's of pics for our facebook page! I love the ILMOR package, and the great team at Sunsation are surely working hard to bring more innovative designs to the performance world! We cannot wait to get a 36 down here, I think South Florida is going to LOVE that model!
    Sending you some of our Sunshine!

18. Collapse Details

any news??
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

19. Collapse Details

F4 100MPH and still needs dialing in
    36 93 mph and still needs dialing in - thinking 95 is realistic! WOW!
    Nice job!
    BillR

20. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    pics??? Vids????
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com