Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...8&d=1271722181

does the bow in this pic look ok? seems like it humps up in the middle when all the other seem like they have a flat deck.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...8&d=1271722181

does the bow in this pic look ok? seems like it humps up in the middle when all the other seem like they have a flat deck.
    No, I don't think it looks strange at all.
    I think mine is pretty similar.

That would be pretty low on my list of concerns on that boat.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    I say buy it, its not that bad for an old boat and 8 K is a deal !!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    I say buy it, its not that bad for an old boat and 8 K is a deal !!
    You just better have a love for it if you buy it.
    A lot of work there.

I would walk into it with the thought the motor is junk, and the drive needs gone through.
    The mechanicals are all questionable, and I wouldn't put it on the water without a complete re-rig.

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    You just better have a love for it if you buy it.
    A lot of work there.

I would walk into it with the thought the motor is junk, and the drive needs gone through.
    The mechanicals are all questionable, and I wouldn't put it on the water without a complete re-rig.
    , but its worth 8K easy the way it is,,and if u have a little time u can make it real nice with not that much cash.

6. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    , but its worth 8K easy the way it is,,and if u have a little time u can make it real nice with not that much cash.
    This boat would be an ideal OPA Class 6 race boat.Hopefully,whoever buys it..will race it.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 View Post
    This boat would be an ideal OPA Class 6 race boat.Hopefully,whoever buys it..will race it.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    worth,,

steering and drive 2500, trailer 1000, hull and deck 3-5 K, engine ...block 1000
    carb 300 min heads and valvetrain 1000 intake 250 pumps 100 each all chit around the engine 500 easy and on and on !!!!!!!

8 K,,,a steal

if i had 8K, i would do it again.....

9. Collapse Details

worth,,

steering and drive 2500, trailer 1000, hull and deck 3-5 K, engine ...block 1000
    carb 300 min heads and valvetrain 1000 intake 250 pumps 100 each all chit around the engine 500 easy and on and on !!!!!!!

8 K,,,a steal

if i had 8K, i would do it again.....
    I hate to be the pessimist, but afterall, it is my nature...

Scott, you just put together a list of what it would be worth to part it out, not to put it back on the water, and certainly not what it would take to make it competitive again.

Steering and drive are going to cost at least $1500 to be gone through.
    I actually see less than the 3-5K in Hull/Deck work. Maybe $2k if you can do a bit of work yourself.
    Carb, junk it and just buy a new one, you'll save money.
    By the time you start adding it all up, plus time and labor, you're gonna be into it for for close to 20K
    On top of that, the boat needs paint and a rub-rail.
    It needs all new interior, and all new controls and gauges, (full deal, cables and wiring). And, you need someone to put it together.
    I don't mean to be farting in church, but, If SLP wants to do this, I'd rather he knows what he's getting into.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I hate to be the pessimist, but afterall, it is my nature...

Scott, you just put together a list of what it would be worth to part it out, not to put it back on the water, and certainly not what it would take to make it competitive again.

Steering and drive are going to cost at least $1500 to be gone through.
    I actually see less than the 3-5K in Hull/Deck work. Maybe $2k if you can do a bit of work yourself.
    Carb, junk it and just buy a new one, you'll save money.
    By the time you start adding it all up, plus time and labor, you're gonna be into it for for close to 20K
    On top of that, the boat needs paint and a rub-rail.
    It needs all new interior, and all new controls and gauges, (full deal, cables and wiring). And, you need someone to put it together.
    I don't mean to be farting in church, but, If SLP wants to do this, I'd rather he knows what he's getting into.
    I agree,,,with the a lot of work part....., BUT NO WAY 20K !!!!
    To go true drive, maybe 500 ,
    gauges NEW, 300-800
    Seats NEW , 1000 for real nice ones
    Fiberglass work ( don't see anything, would have to check )
    Rebuild engine , 2-3 K MAX....(if needed), but u would have a good engine
    small stuff and rigging with cables , 1500 MAX

And then i go boating and do little and cosmetic stuff down the road step by step.....

11. Collapse Details

I agree,,,with the a lot of work part....., BUT NO WAY 20K !!!!
    To go true drive, maybe 500 ,
    gauges NEW, 300-800
    Seats NEW , 1000 for real nice ones
    Fiberglass work ( don't see anything, would have to check )
    Rebuild engine , 2-3 K MAX....(if needed), but u would have a good engine
    small stuff and rigging with cables , 1500 MAX

And then i go boating and do little and cosmetic stuff down the road step by step.....
    Scott,

Not everyone has friends in the business like you, his prices may be a bit higher.

12. Collapse Details

Deck is normal, they are not flatdecks, they all have that Bow to them, not as evident in my pics, due to the different angle, but it is there, just make sure the bow is even all the way across, the deck is cored, and could be wet.

I agree, and this comes from experience, you will spend another approx. $8,000-$10,000 to get that boat completed, if you want it done right, and reliable. I chose to go that route, and do it a little at a time as I had the $$, rather than buying an expensive 24 upfront and making payments, But I went 3 years on the side of my house working almost every weekend on it, used it for 2 years, and am now doing the stuff I didnt have the $$ for before. If you have the talent, and desire to do it yourself, you can save some $$. I wouldnt worry too much about the little things(like all of those loose wires dangling) as you want to change all of that anyway, and have a clean slate, there is not one original wire in my boatI gutted it, and replaced all, and I have a few extra wires in mine, for all the bling look at the last few pictures, and ask yourself if you are ready to do this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elliott4.jpg   pantera.jpg   panteralloyd.bmp  

panteralloyd2.bmp   8.jpg   48.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

or....he could buy that sweet Avenger in the first pic of post #92 in the mid $20Ks with recently completely rebuilt 565 (race built) motor, and be boating immediately...........see it here

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...er-25-96639941

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    or....he could buy that sweet Avenger in the first pic of post #92 in the mid $20Ks with recently completely rebuilt 565 (race built) motor, and be boating immediately...........see it here

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...er-25-96639941

I agree, Do you mean the one I am rafted up to Here?

or the one with Franks Hand in the second pic?

Or the one that you can see a little purple upholstery in the 3rd. pic?

Oh thats right, its all the same boat, I got pieces of it, but no whole pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elliott3.jpg   7-2.jpg   elliott6.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

the avenger is a cool boat, are'nt the based off the martini?

16. Collapse Details

Well im very good with mechanic things was a tech in dealer for 8 years now service engineer, but only think i can for see that i would have problems with is fiberglass.... But we will see on this boat some new info on the boat was it was a 2man boat. not 3. so this is new info.

Motor is 468. Seller is hard to track down never home on weekend. so dont know how im going to see this thing. just wait it out i guess.

Just some more info from PP is boat has been a totally rework.... PP, noticed that the bilge is tatally stripped down to the glass. PP said that he gel coated all 24ft bilge.

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Scott,

Not everyone has friends in the business like you, his prices may be a bit higher.
    Well, thats what these websites are for ,,,,,i could hook him up ..U KNOW ?!

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Well im very good with mechanic things was a tech in dealer for 8 years now service engineer, but only think i can for see that i would have problems with is fiberglass.... But we will see on this boat some new info on the boat was it was a 2man boat. not 3. so this is new info.

Motor is 468. Seller is hard to track down never home on weekend. so dont know how im going to see this thing. just wait it out i guess.

Just some more info from PP is boat has been a totally rework.... PP, noticed that the bilge is tatally stripped down to the glass. PP said that he gel coated all 24ft bilge.
    I say BUY IT ....don't miss out, trusst me !!!!!!!!

For 8 K, if its trash i take it from u !!!!!!!!!

19. Collapse Details

I agree, my bilge had paint on it when I got it, but after grinding down, I found the gel, look between the new wood, and the brown paint. Glass is not hard, just tedious, and helps if ya got a friend in the business to help with cost of material.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5200080.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

You guys are like my drug dealers trying to get me hooked. haha. LOVE IT