Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    I have been told they have problems with higher HP and have to be shifted like a crash box????.
    Well, now someone with some serious real world experience running one will tell you different

I ran 575 hp spinning 31's thru 1.50 gears and never had any issue. Yes, it does shift a little hard due to big props and solid bite but it always shifted. Not really any harder than a 1.34 Bravo with a big wheel on it.The efi catches the engine load and prevents stalling. I did install a neutral switch over ride so I could start it like a crash box but that was by choice. If we got stuck just floating around for a while at a poker run stop, I would just shut it off in gear and refire in gear, no waiting for the EFI to let the idle come back down.

If I didn't build a 900 for my boat, I would still be running the BH drive.
    Great handling, straight tracking, good slip numbers ( under 9% ) and of course, a sweet rooster tail The BH was on my boat when my avatar pic was shot.

It outlasted bravo x drives by miles too. 160 trouble free hours compared to 20 to 30 out of bravos. I wouldn't hesitate to run one on a light boat with 600hp.

PS, I picked up 8mph over a B1X.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    Well, now someone with some serious real world experience running one will tell you different

I ran 575 hp spinning 31's thru 1.50 gears and never had any issue. Yes, it does shift a little hard due to big props and solid bite but it always shifted. Not really any harder than a 1.34 Bravo with a big wheel on it.The efi catches the engine load and prevents stalling. I did install a neutral switch over ride so I could start it like a crash box but that was by choice. If we got stuck just floating around for a while at a poker run stop, I would just shut it off in gear and refire in gear, no waiting for the EFI to let the idle come back down.

If I didn't build a 900 for my boat, I would still be running the BH drive.
    Great handling, straight tracking, good slip numbers ( under 9% ) and of course, a sweet rooster tail The BH was on my boat when my avatar pic was shot.

It outlasted bravo x drives by miles too. 160 trouble free hours compared to 20 to 30 out of bravos. I wouldn't hesitate to run one on a light boat with 600hp.

PS, I picked up 8mph over a B1X.
    Thx, for the info...the feedback I got was from someone who has tons of experience with them; and runs one.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

3. Collapse Details

Just my opinion Tom and you know what they say about opinions

4. Collapse Details

Yep, always two sides to the story..thx again for sharing your experience; much better than the "somebody I know". Still think the Arneson would provide the same benefits???
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.