Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mobil One 15-50 Cant find
    Any ideas where in south jersey to find the gallons? I used to get it at Wally World but they dont have. Tried advanced Autozone and Strauss

WTF?
    TEAM 531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    www.WHOZYOURDADDYRACING.com
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

2. Collapse Details

Talk to the manager at Wal mart. Mine will order for you.

3. Collapse Details

NAPA is hoarding it...

I just bought about 90 cases of it

and it's on special this month...
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

4. Collapse Details

thanks will try napa
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Whoz Your Daddy View Post
    Any ideas where in south jersey to find the gallons? I used to get it at Wally World but they dont have. Tried advanced Autozone and Strauss

WTF?
    I tried also, no luck??? only 10-40.... any harm in running 10-40??

6. Collapse Details

Valvoline Racing Synthetic will do the job very well for you. I wouldn't go to 40 weight.

7. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    We at ILMOR have LOADS of Mobil1 in all weights but we dont sell it...............My local Advanced Auto Parts stocks what you looking for though.
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

8. Collapse Details

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach, SC tomorrow until Monday and then Atlantic City the weekend of 4/24 so I can drop some off on my way?

Tell me what a good price is and I'll check a few places for you.

ps- thanks again for the racing info/offers you sent me last year which besides being a SOS'er is why I'm trying to go out of my way to help since that is what you did for me. What goes around, hopefully comes around 10 fold! Cheers and thanks again!

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Why are u guys running syntethic oil with a solid roller cam ???????

Go VR1 Valvoline Racing oil !!!!!!!! CHEAP AND SUPER !!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I'm heading to Myrtle Beach, SC tomorrow until Monday and then Atlantic City the weekend of 4/24 so I can drop some off on my way?

Tell me what a good price is and I'll check a few places for you.

ps- thanks again for the racing info/offers you sent me last year which besides being a SOS'er is why I'm trying to go out of my way to help since that is what you did for me. What goes around, hopefully comes around 10 fold! Cheers and thanks again!
    Hey Mark I will be down that way Friday and will look around. Thanks and make sure you come see us in OC
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Why are u guys running syntethic oil with a solid roller cam ???????

Go VR1 Valvoline Racing oil !!!!!!!! CHEAP AND SUPER !!!!!!

Its for the Sonic hp500's efi not solid cam. Always ran it in there and have never had any issues.
    OPA THE JERSEY BOYZ

12. Collapse Details

Been running Mobil 1 15-50 for 12 seasons now in various motors with zero issues. Good stuff.

13. Collapse Details

I've been using Mobil 1 for over 35 year, Since I read a article in Popular Science about Mobil 1. I have run in everything from race bikes at Daytona, dune buggies, now boats. Mobil 1 was only available in 10w-30 at first, never had a lubrication problem. But as heavier weight oils came out I naturally went to them....why???? Mobil 1 was originally used (developed for??) the Alaskan pipe line equipment. Their claim to fame was the their thin oil film lubrication, you wanted a thin oil to coat on every metal part. Newer cars are all using thinner weight oils....is this better? How would 10w-40 compare to 15w-50?

14. Collapse Details

Thinner oils are great for efficiency- extracting that last MPG out of your car. You can unleash a few more horses out of your engines running lighter oils as well. But you sacrifice protection.

If you've been using Mobil 1 for 20 years, 10 years or even 5 years, the stuff in the store today isn't the same as what you were using back them. The EPA has restricted the additives allowed to be used in automotive oils. So the formulations have changed.

15. Collapse Details

Yes, certain grades of Mobil 1 do not have near the levels of zinc and phosphorus as in years past but the 15W-50 still carries sufficient levels of ZDDP to protect most marine engines.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Thinner oils are great for efficiency- extracting that last MPG out of your car. You can unleash a few more horses out of your engines running lighter oils as well. But you sacrifice protection.

If you've been using Mobil 1 for 20 years, 10 years or even 5 years, the stuff in the store today isn't the same as what you were using back them. The EPA has restricted the additives allowed to be used in automotive oils. So the formulations have changed.
    Thanks Chris,
    But if this is a sign of things to come (heavier weights going away) is there much of a difference between 10-40 and 15-50? I've never been a believer in additives (Lucas,Zmax etc) (http://www.epinions.com/content_2969477252) what can be done. Mobil 1 was one of the last 15-50's out there....

Randy

17. Collapse Details

The 50 is going to give you substantially better protection at higher oil temps. If your oil never breaks 200 degrees, you probably won't utilize the additional protection. But if your engines never break 200, I'm guessing your temp readings are probably not right. Or you don't run more than part throttle.

Additives? Depends. They took alot out of oils so I see no reason why putting them back is bad. They took them out to reduce the emissions of metals into the environment. Replacing them isn't the most environmentally consientious thing you can do, but neither is owning a recreational toy that burns more gas in a weekend than the average American consumes driving to work in a year. Zinc (ZDDP) is a proven wear preventer. Molybdenum disulfide is an exceptional lubricant. Adding them back in certainly will reduce wear and friction.

18. Collapse Details

By the way, the "W" rating is not indicative of anything about that oil's viscosity. That's a cold-cranking rating. So a 20w 50 is going to take a small amount more energy to crank over cold than a 15w 50. Insignificant.

At the same time, to achieve that "reach" some compromises have to be made in the oil's formulation. That results in additives in the mix that can lead to deposits inside the engine- around the rings and valve guides.

I'll trade cold-crank for the significant increase in shear strength that those 10 points of viscosity give me every day.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The 50 is going to give you substantially better protection at higher oil temps. If your oil never breaks 200 degrees, you probably won't utilize the additional protection. But if your engines never break 200, I'm guessing your temp readings are probably not right. Or you don't run more than part throttle.

Additives? Depends. They took alot out of oils so I see no reason why putting them back is bad. They took them out to reduce the emissions of metals into the environment. Replacing them isn't the most environmentally consientious thing you can do, but neither is owning a recreational toy that burns more gas in a weekend than the average American consumes driving to work in a year. Zinc (ZDDP) is a proven wear preventer. Molybdenum disulfide is an exceptional lubricant. Adding them back in certainly will reduce wear and friction.
    Which and whose additives should you add (to put back in ZDDP or disulfide)
    None of the name brand seem to have it (http://www.technilube.com/faqs_info/additives.php)

20. Collapse Details

I use ZDDPlus and NeoGard for the moly.