Thread: Fountain

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Joe, it'll look real nice when you get it done. I wish I still had half the enthusiasm you have. LMAO
    Thanks Frank....Mainly trying to get the boat up to date so to speak. The outside is in great shape for a 21 year old boat. The inside now needs some updating.

Other than the dash, and a few other things for the cockpit, that should be it for this year. I hope.

2. Collapse Details

Love your boat!! I am actually interested in 35' but I keep seeing these 38' straight bottoms and it gets me thinking. I am trying to get rid of my Checkmate so after that the hunt is on. Not decided on 35 or 38 but I want to find something without motors and drives, and in decent shape. A little work does not scare me. Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Thanks Frank....Mainly trying to get the boat up to date so to speak. The outside is in great shape for a 21 year old boat. The inside now needs some updating.

Other than the dash, and a few other things for the cockpit, that should be it for this year. I hope.

3. Collapse Details

Joe....there are a couple guys on Boatfreaks looking for you....they are interested in your huffers!

4. Collapse Details

Joe, give me a call when time permits.

Thanks, G.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILICEVICGM View Post
    Joe, give me a call when time permits.

Thanks, G.
    George, heading to dinner now, ill give ya a shout tomorrow...Joe

6. Collapse Details

New blowers getting polished up, and going thru the carbs. Carb finish wasnt so great, so decided to give them a new look while rebuilding....Kind of hard to get a great shine from the older cast blowers, but came out ok with some jewelers rouge and buffing wheels...One down, and one to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 315.jpg   phone pics 317.jpg   phone pics 312.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Hard to tell with camera phone, but they polished up nicely.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 321.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

New blowers getting polished up, and going thru the carbs. Carb finish wasnt so great, so decided to give them a new look while rebuilding....Kind of hard to get a great shine from the older cast blowers, but came out ok with some jewelers rouge and buffing wheels...One down, and one to go.
    Lookin' good Joe. How did you prep the carbs. for paint. Mine are unpainted as well right now and would like to paint them silver....wasn't sure if they should be primed or just cleaned and painted. If just cleaned what did you prep them with. My intakes will be going on this weekend and we will get the valve covers fabbed up after that.

9. Collapse Details

If I need help working on a fountain. I am calling Joe. By the time you are done you will know every inch of that boat and should almost be able to build a fountain from scratch.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Lookin' good Joe. How did you prep the carbs. for paint. Mine are unpainted as well right now and would like to paint them silver....wasn't sure if they should be primed or just cleaned and painted. If just cleaned what did you prep them with. My intakes will be going on this weekend and we will get the valve covers fabbed up after that.
    Dipped them in carb clean (carb dip) bucket, let them soak for about 20-30 minutes. Dry them out, then hit them again with spray carb clean to get any more solvent off. I ended up using rustoleum gloss black hand painted with detail brushes. For the linkage, i primed, then sprayed with gold paint, along with the bowl screws and accel pump screws. Metering blocks were taped off, then shot with red spray paint. All the brass screws, like the quick change jet screws, and float screws, i hit with rouge and a buffing wheel. came out like mirrors

The nice thing about the rustoleum paint is the high gloss. Dont think i could have gotten that good of a gloss from a rattle can job. The carb's are old, linkage arms showed rust and corrosion, etc. Not exactly a high dollar job, but they look alot better, and it was fun doing it while sitting in Ryans garage while he was working on his blower polishing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 307.jpg   phone pics 308.jpg   phone pics 309.jpg  

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 01-04-2011 at 10:08 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Whackas View Post
    If I need help working on a fountain. I am calling Joe. By the time you are done you will know every inch of that boat and should almost be able to build a fountain from scratch.
    Well, Reggie is no longer at Fountain. Maybe i can give him a call and team up with him on his new ventures. Not sure how he would feel about me supplying new boats with rustoleum painted carburetors?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    BTW, if you have the 4150 carbs, you can just buy the chrome type fuel bowls for them, then paint the metering blocks your color of choice, and main body. Of course painting the bowls is much cheaper. The big thing nowadays with the fancy carbs from AED, quick fuel, holley ultra series, and willys, is the metering blocks being a different color than the rest of the carb. Most of their stuff is anodized billet metering blocks.

Doesnt get any sexier than these when it comes to carbs.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fx-4700FX-4714.jpg   ss-750SS750w_hole(2).jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Dipped them in carb clean (carb dip) bucket, let them soak for about 20-30 minutes. Dry them out, then hit them again with spray carb clean to get any more solvent off. I ended up using rustoleum gloss black hand painted with detail brushes. For the linkage, i primed, then sprayed with gold paint, along with the bowl screws and accel pump screws. Metering blocks were taped off, then shot with red spray paint. All the brass screws, like the quick change jet screws, and float screws, i hit with rouge and a buffing wheel. came out like mirrors

The nice thing about the rustoleum paint is the high gloss. Dont think i could have gotten that good of a gloss from a rattle can job. The carb's are old, linkage arms showed rust and corrosion, etc. Not exactly a high dollar job, but they look alot better, and it was fun doing it while sitting in Ryans garage while he was working on his blower polishing.
    Thanks for the info. Joe!

14. Collapse Details

Awesome progress, I thought my carbs were big, looks like you got 4 bowls that you could use for breakfast cereal

15. Collapse Details

Lookin good !!!!

Cant wait to hear it crackle now !!!

16. Collapse Details

I like your style bigger is always better.....

17. Collapse Details

looks real nice Joe!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL View Post
    Awesome progress, I thought my carbs were big, looks like you got 4 bowls that you could use for breakfast cereal
    I can use them for dipping sauces when people come over. They can dip their Mcnuggets in there. Easy to clean to, afterwards i have to do is hold them WOT and let the sauce drain out, quick shot of carb clean, and mount them back on the blowers.

19. Collapse Details

Looking good pal!!!! Maybe when we finish out mc nuggets rhino and keith will make us
    some chocolate martinas????

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Looking good pal!!!! Maybe when we finish out mc nuggets rhino and keith will make us
    some chocolate martinas????
    Chocolate Martina? Sounds like a half African-American/half Polish hooker...