Thread: Fountain

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Sad hope you get that bad muther running like the way Brian had plans for it. I bet there won't be any drinking in his memory on it. Have a great summer.

Jeff and Jessica

2. Collapse Details

Got some stuff done today. One engine ready to go. New plugs, cap, rotor, sea pump rebuilt, still need to do some polishing and odds misc little stuff to it....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountain 018.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Got the bilge cleaned and degreased the best i could. Its amazing that no matter how much you scrub, and rinse, theres always more grime coming from somewhere!!!!! But its looking better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountain 010.jpg   Fountain 011.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

My buddy who is a welder came by today to take a look at whats needed to repair the trailer. The box tubing that supports the winch and bow stop has seen better days. Odd why that rotted out. Seems that someone over the years installed a new jack, and cut into the box tubing, which must have allowed water to get in there and just sit. So my buddy is just going to cut that entire piece out and make a whole new piece for it. Brian put some really cool LED reverse lights on the trailer, every trailer should have these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountain 014.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Looks like it is coming along just fine

6. Collapse Details

Very nice!

7. Collapse Details

Laid a fresh coat of gloss white in the bilge. Not a show type paint job, more or less to seal things up, and fresh paint seems to clean up better than old faded paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountain 023.jpg   Fountain 010.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Looks good

9. Collapse Details

Nice Joe!

10. Collapse Details

getting closer

11. Collapse Details

Just ordered the LED's for the bilge. Six 15" led tubes, with controller that changes to 7 different colors. Mainly went with this because I'll have the option of red accent lighting, or switch them to white, as to help if I need to do some service in there at night.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Laid a fresh coat of gloss white in the bilge. Not a show type paint job, more or less to seal things up, and fresh paint seems to clean up better than old faded paint.
    lNite&Day looks great did the same to mine West Systems sells real good bilge paint over 3 years since I did my motors still holding up well

13. Collapse Details

Well, this weekend I got all the new led's installed in the bilge. They came out really nice.

My buddy came down yesterday and we worked on the trailer all day. Cut out the old rotted tube and welded in a new piece of steel tubing.

Something for you guys to check. I noticed BZ's myco is the same design as mine. The tube we replaced has a open end under the tongue area. Water can get in there, but no drain holes in the back of the tube where it meets the first crossmember. Talk about a rotted mess. This tube must have had some water sitting in there for some time.

We made up a plate for the top, and a plate for the crossmember. The crossmember had a 3x3 section where the rust had eaten away a bit from the moisture in the old tube. So thats why we welded a plate to that. I told him i care more about strength then appearance, so do what we gotta do! Should look better once all painted and stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0506.jpg   IMG_0509.jpg   IMG_0510.jpg  

IMG_0514.jpg   IMG_0515.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

the old piece was 3x3 box tubing 3/16 thick. New tube is 3x5"and 1/4" thick..Thanks to scarrab 30, the piece he gave me worked out great. So did the 1/4" plate.

Next is welding a spare tire mount on, (and getting a spare) and I am tossing that bulldog 5k lb jack. I dont like that its a sob to crank on, and i hate that wobble you get on the front of the trailer. Im gonna go with one of these, with the spring actuated leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6699.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

I can save you a few bucks on the jack

16. Collapse Details

Looking good Joe! Hows the other motor coming along?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Looking good Joe! Hows the other motor coming along?
    Other motor needs cap, rotor, advance springs, paint, and its ready. Then both motors and blowers get fresh oil and they are ready to go in. Bilge all set except for two new batteries. Boats coming along nicely.

The stereo system really rocks. There are two small babb speakers near the front footrests, and two 10" babb full range speakers under the rear bench. One of the rear 10inchers is toast, and the other one is iffy. Even with that its LOUD, and clear. But have 2 replacement babb 10"ers on the way. The babb full range 10" dont have that low end punch, since they arent subs. So i may add a single 10" sub under the rear bench for a little extra punch. i will say those babb (DC gold) speakers are great in a boat. 95+spl with 1 watt input. They are super efficient, and you dont need a giant amp to play them loud and clear.

18. Collapse Details

Do you have the motor mount/positions set? That's where the "fun" comes in!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Do you have the motor mount/positions set? That's where the "fun" comes in!
    Havent dropped one in yet, but considering its not a "new" rigging job, it should bolt right up. Keyword "should". As long as the old angle aluminum is there with old holes in them, and i am using the standard offshore mounts, things "should" line right up. we'll see

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Havent dropped one in yet, but considering its not a "new" rigging job, it should bolt right up. Keyword "should". As long as the old angle aluminum is there with old holes in them, and i am using the standard offshore mounts, things "should" line right up. we'll see
    hahahahahahaha......I hope so buddy! I around this weekend so if you need my forklift driving skills to lower that motor in I'm available!!! I can still drive that and be on my blackberry!!!! haha