Thread: Tach issue

1. Collapse Details
    Tach issue
    Just got the tach back from Livosi, and I have a gaffrig also and they both to the same thing. It works from idle up to about 3k rpm and then bites the dust. Stays at 0 at anything over 3k rpm. I hooked a test light at the dash and stuck it with a power prob at the back to make sure the current was good and that checked out. Only think I can think of is move the ground and ignition wire some where else and see what happens. How do you test a tach? Volts, ohms, resistance?? Not even really sure what I am looking for. It is like at high RPM I get enterference. BTW, the EFI harness is new and the Engine harness is new, oh and the coil is new.

2. Collapse Details

MSD ignition?

3. Collapse Details

All stock, 500 EFI stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    MSD ignition?

4. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    Just got the tach back from Livosi, and I have a gaffrig also and they both to the same thing. It works from idle up to about 3k rpm and then bites the dust. Stays at 0 at anything over 3k rpm. I hooked a test light at the dash and stuck it with a power prob at the back to make sure the current was good and that checked out. Only think I can think of is move the ground and ignition wire some where else and see what happens. How do you test a tach? Volts, ohms, resistance?? Not even really sure what I am looking for. It is like at high RPM I get enterference. BTW, the EFI harness is new and the Engine harness is new, oh and the coil is new.
    I would start with checking your trailers blinker fluid level, or your engines coolant level.........

Hope you get it worked out man. Get her fixed and i ll cya on the may 8th..

5. Collapse Details

Dude, you crack me up. I will be sure and check that blinker fluid level.

I am just going to take off the ignition and ground at the dash and hook it up on the panel and see if anything changes for starters. Then?? Don't know. Back to looking at the engine. The distributor module is even new.

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    I would start with checking your trailers blinker fluid level, or your engines coolant level.........

6. Collapse Details

I told the wife I may be interested in coming up on the 8th. Probably visit my folks in Dallas Friday night and drive up Saturday morning. Stay the night up there Saturday. We will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    I told the wife I may be interested in coming up on the 8th. Probably visit my folks in Dallas Friday night and drive up Saturday morning. Stay the night up there Saturday. We will see what happens.
    C'Mon and bring your pirate outfit. I ll be rolling dreads....

8. Collapse Details

I think I got it. Something to do with needing a filter. Have not installed but I bet it does the trick.