1. Collapse Details
    Ft Myers Offshore, April-2010 Sanibel, run and pictures
    This past weekend, we participated in the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) season finally, a circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Bob and the entire FMO board, thank you for another enjoyable and safe day of hi-performance boating.

For us it started in the Myakka River, past Punta Gorda Isles, (where Tom joined up with us in a 38 Fountain), South through Charlotte Harbor, and down the ICW to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, the starting line.

Next the circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands, heading North in the Gulf, then in at Redfish pass, and South though the ICW, and back to the mouth of the Gulf, to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, now the ending line.

Lunch was at the Lighthouse Restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina.

I ran a total of 147 miles, and burned 66 gallons of 93 octane. That's 2.28mpg.

Here are links to the 65 pictures I took.

We are working on the video shot from my boat. It will take a bit more work.

65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event

65 pictures I took at April FMO Sanibel event(slide show format)

Enjoy

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Nice spread of shots! Thanks so much for sharing. So, it was just an incredible day wasn't it? You were the guys in the skater, right?

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by appsyscons View Post
    This past weekend, we participated in the Ft. Myers Offshore (FMO) season finally, a circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands.

Bob and the entire FMO board, thank you for another enjoyable and safe day of hi-performance boating.

For us it started in the Myakka River, past Punta Gorda Isles, (where Tom joined up with us in a 38 Fountain), South through Charlotte Harbor, and down the ICW to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, the starting line.

Next the circumnavigation around Sanibel and Captiva islands, heading North in the Gulf, then in at Redfish pass, and South though the ICW, and back to the mouth of the Gulf, to the Sanibel Causeway bridge, now the ending line.

Enjoy
    Saw that elsewhere.
    Thankyou for sharing.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by appsyscons View Post

Enjoy
    Great set of shots Frank and welcome to Serious Offshore. Nice to see you on the run yesterday and for our short visit.

5. Collapse Details

Wish I could have been there looks like the best run of the year. Glad to hear that it went so well. Thank you to Bob, Tom , John, sorry I wasn't there to help..

6. Collapse Details

CigDaze - Yes, I have the 2007 30//308 Skater T/300XS, first boat to complete the Gulf leg of this event. Once back inside, in the ICW, I was single file behind the pace boat.

catastrophe - so your avatar is avatar, COOL

Bobthebuilder - Bob, It is a pleasure to be associated with an org like FMO, and it is always a pleasure to see you! Not a bad 1st thread for me, here on SOS.

earthworks - Dan, missed you the last 2 times out. Had a great time, and a wonderful FMO season. See you soon.

7. Collapse Details

I recently purchased and received the DVD of this event, from Freeze Frame Video. I enjoyed it so much, I wanted to share the parts that featured my boat, with my friends and family. With this in mind, I called FFV and spoke with Jeff, whom I know very well, from 20 years of racing. I asked if I could have his permissions to re-edit, and post 3 minutes of the DVD, this one time. Jeff agreed.

So here it is. The sound starts up at 12 seconds in.

2010 FMO April, 308 Skater

Enjoy! and do not forget to raise the quality to 480p.