Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I recently got an 06 SRW CC, drove to Manning in Michigan last week and got 18 empty and 13.4 returning with a #2250 trailer. Trip was 300 miles each way most of the time I ran 75 and mileage was hand calculated. I have a short bed with the 26 gallon tank, has anyone upgraded to a larger tank or done an auxilary tank, I would like to look into that. The range isn't great towing and I hate to be forced to stop in busier areas just because I need fuel. It would be nice to say I'll stop in another 50 miles in a quieter area. Steve

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Fund

I just laugh when guys either post or tell you at a gas station their diesel gets 22-24 MPG.......then the BS begins, like ran 85 all the way up I95 from FL to GA, pulled my 30 ft camper like it wasn't even back there and had 4,000 lbs of gear in the bed.......

The trucks are more efficient than their gas equivalents but everything has its limits!
    Well, I pulled my boat less engines was 6000 lbs and I didn't even feel it back there.

I always tell those guys that I can idle at .34 gal per hour. And that I can do it all day.

3. Collapse Details

I have an 07classic SRW 3500 CC I get 12 to 13 Hand calc. that is mix of hiway and city. When I tow the Cig long hauls I am at 12.
    I have the Bully Dog and exaust. Also running 305.55.20s so I think my MPH might be off a little.
    Also got the Larger tank from Transflo ( I think) 55 Gal BEST money spent. Now can go twice as far on fillup.
    O and did I say I DRIVE it!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 509SC View Post
    I recently got an 06 SRW CC, drove to Manning in Michigan last week and got 18 empty and 13.4 returning with a #2250 trailer. Trip was 300 miles each way most of the time I ran 75 and mileage was hand calculated. I have a short bed with the 26 gallon tank, has anyone upgraded to a larger tank or done an auxilary tank, I would like to look into that. The range isn't great towing and I hate to be forced to stop in busier areas just because I need fuel. It would be nice to say I'll stop in another 50 miles in a quieter area. Steve

Steve

Welcome to SOS.........there is a company that makes a bigger tank to replace the factory tank. It is about 20 gallons bigger and sits in place of the factory tank. From a side profile view it can be seen hanging below the bottom of the truck, not terrible but an inch or two lower. Price wasn't terrible either, just looked to me like a hassle to install.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Steve

Welcome to SOS.........there is a company that makes a bigger tank to replace the factory tank. It is about 20 gallons bigger and sits in place of the factory tank. From a side profile view it can be seen hanging below the bottom of the truck, not terrible but an inch or two lower. Price wasn't terrible either, just looked to me like a hassle to install.
    Yeah... welcome for sure.

I think that I saw some info about that tank on dieselplace.com. I'll bet it would be an easy search.

6. Collapse Details

My 08 gmc 2500hd gets 12mpg in town and 16mpg highway.not that good but i only drive 8 miles to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motorcycle 009.jpg  
    GO SKIN'S

7. Collapse Details

08 Chevy DMax, 3:73 Rears (6 spd. Auto) 12 mpg around town, 16 on highway, 10 mpg towing 12,000 lbs of boat and trailer.

Dealer claimed it would get better once "broke in". Must be 28k miles not enough to break it in yet !

They sure are much better for towing and the tow mileage is almost double what I used get with the 6.0 gas motors. Apparently delete pipes and programmers can get mileage back to previous models' levels but having warranty is nice too.

Next generation of DMax will have two tanks to fill, one for fuel and one for the magic pollution cancelling fluid.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly O View Post
    08 Chevy DMax, 3:73 Rears (6 spd. Auto) 12 mpg around town, 16 on highway, 10 mpg towing 12,000 lbs of boat and trailer.

Dealer claimed it would get better once "broke in". Must be 28k miles not enough to break it in yet !

They sure are much better for towing and the tow mileage is almost double what I used get with the 6.0 gas motors. Apparently delete pipes and programmers can get mileage back to previous models' levels but having warranty is nice too.

Next generation of DMax will have two tanks to fill, one for fuel and one for the magic pollution cancelling fluid.
    Mine didn't really "Break In" until I hit 50K. I noticed an increase in mileage and performance when I got over 50K. You may still see an improvement.

9. Collapse Details

the lly gets the worst mileage of all the duramaxs only was in 04.5 -05 trucks the earlier lb7 didnt have the emmisions the lly was the first smog motor then 06 got the lbz and does much better.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Rate View Post
    the lly gets the worst mileage of all the duramaxs only was in 04.5 -05 trucks the earlier lb7 didnt have the emmisions the lly was the first smog motor then 06 got the lbz and does much better.
    that's the first time I heard that....and I work on them daily.... my 06 was an LLY with an LBZ computer.... mileage was excellent....
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    that's the first time I heard that....and I work on them daily.... my 06 was an LLY with an LBZ computer.... mileage was excellent....
    We have all of them and the 05 is the worst of the bunch it has the same exhaust and chip as the 04 and also has a egr block off plate and no cat because the egt were way high when towing. it got better but 4mpg less than the lb7. lbz is a great set up. Can u put a lbz computer on a 05 lly truck?

12. Collapse Details

'06 ex cab 260K had 21-22 on the highway by hand calc. Borrowed truck, could not believe it.

13. Collapse Details

i get around 23 mph gallon with mine but
    the pos is a lemon and Chevy wouldn't fix it
    ever sense new it goes into some kinda limp lemon mode
    first time it happen i didn't think nothing of it cause it didn't do it again
    then it finally got worse so i took it in they put new injectors in it what a horror story that is the thing leak fuel all over my boat for months they couldn't find the leak then finally it filled the whole crank case full of diesel and they finally found it
    now there telling me my injector pump is bad and the limp mode is cause of low fuel pressure and they want 1500 dollars to fix it first off i would never let them touch my truck again period they broke my air box and the dip stick the last go round miss aliened clamps etc etc
    so now i just live with a 40 thousand dollar truck that is only good to go to and from work
    other then that i love it
    lol