1. Collapse Details
    Tommy "HIT MAN" Hearns... 47 Fountain?
    Yesterdays paper said a bunch of his stuff is gonna be auctioned including a house here and a 47 Fountain said to have 70 original hours. Don't remember the name of the boat anyone have pics?

2. Collapse Details

Tommy Hearns the boxer?.........Guy has been out of the ring for 20 years! He did pretty good stretching the funds 20 years into retirement.....some guys don't last 2.

The Southfield, Mich., home of seven-time world boxing champion, Thomas Hearns, is being issued a standing eight count, according to a recent report in The Detroit News.

Records indicate that “Hitman” owes nearly $1 million in delinquent taxes and mortgage payments.

In particular, he owes $513,000 on the 10-acre home he shares with his wife. And if the couple doesn’t figure out a solution soon, the bank intends to put the home up on the auction block in less than one week (March 23, 2010).

His attorney, Michael J. Smith, however, is confident that everything will work itself out eventually.

Here’s a snip:

“Tommy’s going to resolve the house issue. Tommy’s doing fine. It’s just an unfortunate issue that we’re dealing with and we’re working to get it resolved right away.”

Hearns reached rock star status in the mid- to-late 1980s in and around the Detroit area under the tutelage of prestigious trainer, Emanuel Steward, out of the legendary Kronk Gym.

Known for his devastating knockout power, Hearns is perhaps best known for his “war” against Marvin Hagler, as well as his controversial bouts against Sugar Ray Leonard.

It’s estimated that Hearns banked about $40 million throughout his boxing career alone.

3. Collapse Details

That's too bad. I grew up in the 80's in Southfield, MI never even knew he lived there. Never seen him on any of our waterways in a 47 Fountain either.

4. Collapse Details

The Fountain is an SC and is named "Knock out"

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yep Saw him in about 93 at Metro park. I thought is was KNOCK OUT THREE!
    Brad Schoenwald
    "It's not what you do, it's how well you do it"
    www.PERFORMANCEBOATSCHOOL.com

6. Collapse Details

I hope the taxman doesn't expect to get a lot of his money back on that one.....

7. Collapse Details

He was one of my favorites next to Hagler growing up, actually I thought he matched well against Sugar Ray and actually beat him..but the show boat Sugar always got the nod. Hopefully it will be a KNOCK OUT and work itself out..

8. Collapse Details

I believe if it's the same 1, I saw that boat over at Pier 33 by Grand Haven B4 he took delivery!!
    Guy named Kenny Gordon I think sold it 2 him, he ran those Pier 33 poker runs back in the day if memory serves correct!!!