Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Tire Rack has them for $85. Shipping is cheap- they're just across the border in Indiana.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....MAR6&tab=Sizes

Can you go up a size? You'll move to load range D.

2. Collapse Details

The difference between 205 and 225 is .6" taller (1.2 overall) and .8" wider (.4 per side).

The difference is you get 6,000 lb more load carrying capacity and the ability to run 15 lbs more pressure. That's going to mean a cooler running tire and that equals failure resistance.

If you have to stick a set of longer shackle plates on it, it would be well worth the effort.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicss31 View Post
    Not a good day. The road trip home to Balto after buying in Miami.
    Sonic, that paint looks familiar. What boat is that?

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The difference between 205 and 225 is .6" taller (1.2 overall) and .8" wider (.4 per side).

The difference is you get 6,000 lb more load carrying capacity and the ability to run 15 lbs more pressure. That's going to mean a cooler running tire and that equals failure resistance.
    That's what I did on my trailer.

And tire covers. Anything to keep the sun/UV off. Even if stored under shade or indoors, cover the tires in black plastic bags. If you have an old Sunbrella cover, have it made into a couple tire covers. And UV-protectant tire dressing on both sides of tire...bling bling

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I was running 10 ply 15" Carlisles on my tri axle, couldn't understand why everyone had horrow stories about them. I blew out 3 in the last 2 years, no real reason and no warranty. I went to Denmans and haven't had any problems with them. I do 10 to 15 NJ or NY to Flordia runs a year, lots of local hauling with a variety of boats. I am pretty sure I have overloaded the tires on at least 1 axle from time to time but so far the Denmans have held up fine.

6. Collapse Details

I have had good luck out of mine, my marathons kept blowing out and tearing up my fenders, One blew out within 15 minutes of it being pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    How do we feel about Carlisle? Sucky?

7. Collapse Details

Denman has a great rep these days.

I've run Carlisle's for years, the horror stories seem to come from those whose trailer tires are on the ragged edge. On my little trailer (18 Donzi) I had about 18k miles on em, finally lost one to dry rot. No other issues with them. Running Marathons now, we'll see...

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    check out Tow Master, i've had them on my last 2 boat trailers, and love them

9. Collapse Details

Marathon may have had a problem for a while.

I am gonna look at the 225s. Good advice.