Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

The Kel Tec PF-9 was a little thin for me to grip. So I got the P-11.
    Still only 1" wide. Larger mag, but if I need that many rounds !! Zombis

Very happy with it. Also great forum group.

2. Collapse Details

The Springfield Sub-Compact XD .40 is also a really nice CCW. I have one of these also and can't find anything wrong with it or my full sixe XD(M) .40. I have a couple of Kahr's, a CW .45 and a PM .40 and they conceal better but I just don't like them as well as the Sig or the XD's, but when you need to ankle carry, the PM.40 is nice. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Interesting post. I am 6'6" and also have large hands. 36 inch waist. I don't want to gain either. Grip is an issue.
    Glock has a model 36 single stack that is 1/10th of an inch narrower than my 30, right at an inch thick, but only 6 rounds. My outlook is you can never have enough ammo. With the mag extension it fits my hand well. I carry right up front with no sign of the weapon showing. A 12 pack could change all that. Another reason to keep trim.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I really like my S & W airweight 38 special with covered hammer and laser sight. My Ruger 380 recoils worse than my Glock 45.

5. Collapse Details

Colt gummint pocketlite..

6. Collapse Details

I have an old aluminum airweight that I carry occasionally. I can't use +p ammo in it so it's not my go to gun. Iwas schooled on the 45 at a young age and don't like to carry any caliber smaller except as a back up.

7. Collapse Details

I still prefer my old Officer's Model 45acp but I recently bought my wife a Ruger LCP 38 The sights were a tad small for our old eyes so we put a slick little laser on it. So far we are both very happy with it. We have a couple of hundred rounds through and no feed or ejection problems. I may have to pick one up for me. <g>