1. Collapse Details
    NYC area powerboating/offshore scene
    Hey there guys,

I may be relocating to NYC for business in a couple of weeks...Can you give me a little insight into the go-fast/offshore scene???? Where do you guys run to, eat and hang out??? Where are the good waterfront restaurants and recommended marinas...Thanks much,

Divenstar

2. Collapse Details

What kind of boat do you have?

I'm in Stamford, CT which is only about 45 mins from NYC. I stay mostly off the shore of Fairfield County and anchor at some local hang out spots and hit up The Crab Shell a bunch which is a pretty common destination for some of the powerboaters in the area (http://www.crabshell.com/). The pic below is at the docks next to my buddies skater.

There are a ton of spots on the north shore of LI. It is a hike from NYC, but the real hot spot is Claudio's Restaurant in Greenport, NY.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FountainCrabShell.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

From what I've seen, you must check out Tony's!

Check out pics from the place below, ignore the ugly mugshots and invite Dolla, the gesture will be nice and we know he wont' show.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ad.php?t=15075

4. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    LOL. Thanks. Nice. I'm 15 min from NYC. If you like to party let me know if you move

5. Collapse Details

There are a bunch of us in the sandy hook bay area just south of the verrazano. We'll run all over the bay from here to manhattan , LI , and south to Point and Toms River. I like to take a run into Manhattan at least a couple times a year , dock up at chelsea piers , and hit up the restaraunts and bars in the area there. Just across from there and a little south is liberty landing where the NYC poker run is held. Hit up the sandbar there now and then. Rest of my experience around NYC has been semi organized fun runs. A 2 year old has kept us close to home and on the beach lately !! We do post here when something is happening , Heck we even post the weekend plans regularly. Navesink marina here seems to be the local marina with the most go fast crowd inside the sandy hook bay. Premium fuel and very friendly. Good crowd there , a few O/L's couple cigs , A/t, Apache , couple Formulas etc. just about everyone represented. If you get down this way let us know.

6. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    There are a bunch of us in the sandy hook bay area just south of the verrazano. We'll run all over the bay from here to manhattan , LI , and south to Point and Toms River. I like to take a run into Manhattan at least a couple times a year , dock up at chelsea piers , and hit up the restaraunts and bars in the area there. Just across from there and a little south is liberty landing where the NYC poker run is held. Hit up the sandbar there now and then. Rest of my experience around NYC has been semi organized fun runs. A 2 year old has kept us close to home and on the beach lately !! We do post here when something is happening , Heck we even post the weekend plans regularly. Navesink marina here seems to be the local marina with the most go fast crowd inside the sandy hook bay. Premium fuel and very friendly. Good crowd there , a few O/L's couple cigs , A/t, Apache , couple Formulas etc. just about everyone represented. If you get down this way let us know.
    Hangin with him and Geronimo would be the equilivent of hangin with the AVA crew form high school.