Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Buy a Colt 1911 with a 22 conversion kit. It's a great way to learn how to handle a large pistol.

2. Collapse Details

Bill Ruger authored the legislation for the 1994 assault weapons ban. Ruger has changed ownership since Bill died. They are still mass producing and selling guns that he designed years ago. I refuse to support any business that doesnt support the seccond amendment in its entirety, ESPECIALLY a gun builder.

3. Collapse Details

My buddies keep telling me Bill has been long-dead and they're making some great guns, but I just can't bring myself to own one.

Bill's little sidestep was an all-time $hitty move. He did it to selfishly protect his own business and sell the entire industry and every arms-owning American down the river. Ruger was an American icon- the man and the company. And it was the crack they needed to show centrists that there were ways to "compromise". It gave politicians a way out. They could sell it as "If it's OK with Ruger, it must be OK".

This is why we can't even discuss any sort of compromises on arms laws. There are certainly a few ways to make the general public safer. And there are plenty of irresponsible and unqualified firearms owners out there. But there's no such thing as compromise. There are two positions. The right to keep and bear arms and the position that all civilian owned firearms should be banned. One movement towards them is ground gained. And they won't stop until they've won.

Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

4. Collapse Details

For your wife I would look at something in the .380 to 9mm range. You have to handle them to see which one fits her best.

You also need to pick up an AR-15. Cheap to shoot and very very versatile platform. Check out www.ar15.com before you buy, its the SOS of the black rifle crowd. You can add a .22 ciner conversion and plink away with it even cheaper or get a dedicated .22 upper.

Gun shows are a good place to look at guns, they are rarely the best place to buy unless you are patient and deal.