1. Collapse Details
    Pulling a Rinker 342
    I know many of you have hauled much, much bigger boats, but I hauled my friends 342 Rinker. I am used to pulling my 29' Fountain. WOW, It was a white knuckle ride all the way to the marina!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0326001532.jpg   0326001534.jpg   0326001715a.jpg  

downsized_0326001652.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

That's a BIG rig. Close to the weight of my now sold Formula 382 but I've towed a few express cruisers and the extra width/height makes these things much more interesting to tow. Like pulling a sailboat.....sideways!!!

3. Collapse Details

My buddy has a Rinker 23 footer and it takes all the effort his F150/5.4 has to get it up the wet ramp! They are heavy boats!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    My buddy has a Rinker 23 footer and it takes all the effort his F150/5.4 has to get it up the wet ramp! They are heavy boats!
    My '99 232 Rinker weighed 4,200 lbs. I towed it with both a '99 Z-71 ext. cab Silverado and a '02 2wd Tahoe. Neither spun a wheel at the ramp. Maybe I need to canel my 2010 F-150 FX4 order?!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    My '99 232 Rinker weighed 4,200 lbs. I towed it with both a '99 Z-71 ext. cab Silverado and a '02 2wd Tahoe. Neither spun a wheel at the ramp. Maybe I need to canel my 2010 F-150 FX4 order?!
    I am a GM guy and this guy has been a friend of mine since the 8th grade but is a diehard Ford guy. He uses the 14th Street ramp in Pompano Beach which seems steep but without using my own truck/trailer I don't know for sure. On a busy day (meaning ramp real wet) it turns into a 4WD pull up the ramp for his F150 and it has new Michelin LTX's.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    I am a GM guy and this guy has been a friend of mine since the 8th grade but is a diehard Ford guy. He uses the 14th Street ramp in Pompano Beach which seems steep but without using my own truck/trailer I don't know for sure. On a busy day (meaning ramp real wet) it turns into a 4WD pull up the ramp for his F150 and it has new Michelin LTX's.
    Been a GM guy for 30 years. Going to the dark side. Hope it doesn't bite me in the arse!

7. Collapse Details

Jeff, I can't beleive you are moving over to the dark side. Did John talk you into it????

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltop Kyle View Post
    Jeff, I can't beleive you are moving over to the dark side. Did John talk you into it????
    I tried really hard to stay GM but they didn't want my business. JT traded his F-250 for a F-150 pimp mobile. Get your butt down to LOTO this summer! We can have a canvas installing contest on the Formula!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    I tried really hard to stay GM but they didn't want my business. JT traded his F-250 for a F-150 pimp mobile. Get your butt down to LOTO this summer! We can have a canvas installing contest on the Formula!
    I just spoke to JT last week. I'm planning a return this summer!