Thread: Drambuie ???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Are these mishaps common with these boats? Is there concerns with the quality and workmanship?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    All is fine as mentioned earlier, we are working the details thanks for all the kind words and the non-proliferation of trolls!

I want to thank all and I mean an enormous amount of people that came out of the woodworks to give us or offer us a hand with everything.

Also the Ft Myers Coast Guard and Lee County Sheriff Department, class acts and professionals to the bone.

Now how can I get those seats the coast guard run in their boats... Those are comfy!

Glad u got back!!! Worse then I thought. Hoping it was a hose or something simple. Good luck with the repairs and if I'm somewhere with an empty seat jump on!!

3. Collapse Details

GLH most likely has that boat repaired already and ready to rock for next weekend!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Are these mishaps common with these boats? Is there concerns with the quality and workmanship?

aaaaaand we're off!

5. Collapse Details

GLH....Sorry to hear about the damage and glad everyone came out of it unscathed... I've enjoyed reading about your exploits and bringing her back to life it's been a fun ride... Hopefully the repairs aren't that great and we can see her running again in the near future....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    It can happen to anyone or anything.. ONe thing I've learned over the years is DON"T try not to shut the engines down... Have someone drive the boat and peek in to see if you can see where the water is coming from... If a hose blew off one engine shut that one down but make sure you keep the other one running.. ONce you stop all hell can break loose.

7. Collapse Details

That makes sense

8. Collapse Details

Perfect time to put in a couple nice used 1075 merc engines.

9. Collapse Details

Did the Sea Tow Pirates show up?

10. Collapse Details

Pic in post 52

Is that damage the reason she was taking on water or because/after she took on water?

GLH- I love reading about your adventures, except this one!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Pic in post 52

Is that damage the reason she was taking on water or because/after she took on water?

The damage was the cause of the boat taking on water. The picture previously posted of the damage looks worse than it is IMO.

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

Yeah, this particular adventure definitely has much more of a Gino flavor to it

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I agree.
    Hot Licks Racing 371, seriousoffshore.com where everyone is an expert.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    We came up on them shortly after they started taking on water. Unfortunately, there wasn't much we could do to help.

GL, hope to see her on the water again, bud.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    It can happen to anyone or anything.. ONe thing I've learned over the years is DON"T try not to shut the engines down... Have someone drive the boat and peek in to see if you can see where the water is coming from... If a hose blew off one engine shut that one down but make sure you keep the other one running.. ONce you stop all hell can break loose.
    You're DEFINTIELY RIGHT
    Tell me about it....

16. Collapse Details

I'd like to see the technical analysis of what happened. Looks like a delam from the picture but where at/why would be interesting to find out.

Not trolling, just curious to find out what failed...

17. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear this GLH...

Pat

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

I thought for sure he was giving Gino a ride..........

GLH great project and if you did it once I am sure you can do it again and even better next time! You are one of the few guys that post on here with a project that gets done in less than a winter season and is actually on the water as soon as the ice clears!

19. Collapse Details

Glad it didn't turn out worse! Best of luck with getting it dried out and fixed.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ufix1 View Post
    You're DEFINTIELY RIGHT
    Tell me about it....
    I unfortunately learned the hard way over the years... I guess you just never know when something is going to go wrong and it can happen at any time and to anyone. As they say, accidents happen!

My most recent misadventure happened a few years ago on a Huster coming home from NYC when the hull delaminated near the keel... It was a crazy day, I blew a drive in the Apache, a Nortech blew an engine, an OL blew a power steering hose and lost control and then the bottom.... And I have some video to show for it. It was a crazy ride home, especially when we saw water level with and begin sloshing in the cockpit...it was a day to remember....

Before that it was late 90's when the bottom of my Scarab delaminated coming into Pt. Pleasant inlet...

Both times we made it back without incident but always kept the boat movin!!

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but as the years go by I somehow have more stories to add to the list....

As a last resort you can pull an intake hose off one of the engines and fire it up...it's the best bildge pump you can get!!

Good luck getting back together GL. If you ever need anything let me know.

Frank
    Last edited by Geronimo36; 03-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.