Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I thought Jassman's 43 with 700's was an awesome build. That being said the 850's would be more than enough motor for the 43. I think a 1025/1075 boat would be overkill and the resale would be tough if the buyer was scared of the upcoming maintenance.

I was told the 850's get double the hours before rebuilds when compared to the 1075's.
    Both need valve adjustments every 25 hours which could seem like a pain in the middle of your boating season. 25 hours could be a couple weekends of boating!

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    If money is not an object........100% 1300's package !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    I thought Jassman's 43 with 700's was an awesome build. That being said the 850's would be more than enough motor for the 43. I think a 1025/1075 boat would be overkill and the resale would be tough if the buyer was scared of the upcoming maintenance.

I was told the 850's get double the hours before rebuilds when compared to the 1075's.
    Both need valve adjustments every 25 hours which could seem like a pain in the middle of your boating season. 25 hours could be a couple weekends of boating!
    I agree with the above statement...and Ozz..no matter what you get, you'll tire of it and build another.....make it affordable for the next guy..so It can be bought at a reasonable price.. Most NT buyers buy cause of all the ammenities, and comfort the boat has to offer. There is no better set up out there that offers the TOTAL package. The 700's are affordable, especially in these times and last 3-400 hours... and 93 mph is plenty quick when it comes to a 13k+ condo running in the swells. When pushed not many boats can hang..weight does have it's good points when running hard...and comfortable.....The 850's will yeild 103-105 and 1075's 110-112mph. I recommend to save the money and invest it in some realestate, or your childs education..you never know or can predict when you might need it..if you know what I mean..If I ever get the chance..again..I'd do it the same way..Good Luck buddy.

4. Collapse Details

The issue with 1300's is that poor Ozzie would get his boat by the time the Olsen twins are collecting social security...
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    The issue with 1300's is that poor Ozzie would get his boat by the time the Olsen twins are collecting social security...

6. Collapse Details

The two boats running the 700 NXT around me have had multiple drive/trans problems. I wouldn't consider the NXT, there repair bills were in the 20K +

Stick to the #6 for sure, beyond that each engine has its trade offs.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    The two boats running the 700 NXT around me have had multiple drive/trans problems. I wouldn't consider the NXT, there repair bills were in the 20K +

what boats, sizes????

8. Collapse Details

E Dock
    If $$ is no object, 1300's for sure.
    If not 1300's, go with 1075/1025. The 850's and 1075's have the same maintance and rebuild schedule, just different fuel requirements. And Merc will reflash the 1075's to 1025's so you can run 89 fuel if you want.
    And I just happen to have a set of 1075's with 25 hrs for sale.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post

Which boats had failures...I agree plus and minus in everything out there.. My ex-boat has 150-160 flawless hours and no problems..I had the nxt transom assembly with #6 lowers...Maybe its the way I drive..or the set up is not as aggressive as some...but it runs great to date..

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    I just spit out my drink all over my key board....lol

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
    If $$ is no object, 1300's for sure.
    If not 1300's, go with 1075/1025. The 850's and 1075's have the same maintance and rebuild schedule, just different fuel requirements. And Merc will reflash the 1075's to 1025's so you can run 89 fuel if you want.
    And I just happen to have a set of 1075's with 25 hrs for sale.
    really....hhmmm i'm sure Terry Sobo is lurking...

12. Collapse Details

All great answers...thank you

The 1025 sounds like the way to go for me...i called Terry to see the availability

I believe the 1300 wont be available till July...

Thanks for helping me out with all of your opinions!!:evilb:

:crazy:zzie

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    really....hhmmm i'm sure Terry Sobo is lurking...
    R U kid'n, his phone has a direct ring from this thread 4 every post!!!!

14. Collapse Details

No way the 1300's will be ready in July... Be lucky to have them by the end of the year.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    All great answers...thank you

The 1025 sounds like the way to go for me...i called Terry to see the availability

I believe the 1300 wont be available till July...

Thanks for helping me out with all of your opinions!!:evilb:

:crazy:zzie
    Hey, remember the 1st person 2 suggest this 2 U!!!! Maybe a ride some day! That would B the fastest 43 I will have ever ridden in!!! Mine does 90ish!!!! Nice Boat Dude!!!!

16. Collapse Details

I really like the idea on the 1025's. 89 octane fuel is more readily available on the water. Like others have mentioned, 700 nxt combo might help keeping the boat affordable and easier to move at resale time.

17. Collapse Details

Ozz: We all know the happiest day is the day you buy your new boat and the next happiest day is the day you sell it. Keeping that in mind, I would recommend you go with the 1025 package will have far greater re-sale value in a broader market. The new 1,300 appear to be the next greatest package but only time will tell, especially since you wil need the #8 drive package to run the 1,300's. I would prefer to see some run for a year or so before I committed to the puchase of the package.

No matter what you choose, you will have a blast. Great boat as always....

18. Collapse Details

If money is no object...........GO BIG!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Tr0syhIIo

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Hey, remember the 1st person 2 suggest this 2 U!!!! Maybe a ride some day! That would B the fastest 43 I will have ever ridden in!!! Mine does 90ish!!!! Nice Boat Dude!!!!
    Thanks bro...

20. Collapse Details

Dave Postil has over 300 hours on his 850's / 42 Cig.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.