1. Collapse Details
    MSNBC Poll on Health Care Bill
    I'm looking forward to some independent polling on the bill's passage. If it were Fox News, I'd surmise the negativity would be reflective of the audience. But from MSNBC, I'd think you'd have a little more left-leaning viewership on their site.

"2/3rds of respondents chose "ANGRY" as their position on the passage of the bill."

http://politics.polls.newsvine.com/_...entId=13099114

2. Collapse Details

The poll results so far have more people "Angry" 67.2% that this has passed than were for it... This will have a chilling effect on employment, there is no way we can hire people right now not knowing what the fiscal impact is going to be for our company going forward... I agree that there needs to be health care reform but this piece of legislature did nothing to stop the rising costs, tort reform or waste fraud and abuse... After seeing how the Government runs other social programs this doesn't give me any piece of mind that they will finally get it right here...

3. Collapse Details

This was NOT Health Care Reform. It was Health Insurance Reform.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

4. Collapse Details

It's amazing that our "representatives" went completely against what the huge majority of the public wanted in this. They need to be tossed out on their asses not beat in an election. :[

5. Collapse Details

registered
    I watched the news this morning. From what I heard them saying, that poll can't be correct!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    It's amazing that our "representatives" went completely against what the huge majority of the public wanted in this. They need to be tossed out on their asses not beat in an election. :[
    This is what pizzes me off!!!!

Kuchinich, who I have always disliked and the dumbazzes from Cleveland and Ohio continue to put him back into office, decided at the last minute FRIDAY that he was changing his mind and voting for the bill. All along he had been a no.

The bill was 4 votes short of not passing???

This country needs to start standing up for itself and quit being a bunch of puzzies! We just lay down and take it and never do a thing.
    Queen of Bammin'

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    I watched the news this morning. From what I heard them saying, that poll can't be correct!!!
    743,000+ votes say it is a pretty good sampling so far. Of course since it is not the result they expected they'll now try and discredit their own poll..."not scientific" but look what question is first.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post
    This is what pizzes me off!!!!

Kuchinich, who I have always disliked and the dumbazzes from Cleveland and Ohio continue to put him back into office, decided at the last minute FRIDAY that he was changing his mind and voting for the bill. All along he had been a no.

The bill was 4 votes short of not passing???

This country needs to start standing up for itself and quit being a bunch of puzzies! We just lay down and take it and never do a thing.
    Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, published in 1957. Warning it's a beast like 1200 pages
    Run until it sounds expensive

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefApache View Post

More than a third of Americans don't even vote in a presidential election. About half don't vote on the major off-years- such as gubernatorial or Senate elections. The minor off-years? Forget about it.

All it seems that the typical American knows how to do is whine about their circumstance. Experiencing the last presidential election all but soaked every little bit of faith in my fellow citizen right out of me. I wonder if there's anyone left willing to do what we need to do to dig ourselves out of our present predicament.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    Read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, published in 1957. Warning it's a beast like 1200 pages
    Am I going to still be pizzed off when I'm done reading it?

I'll take a look for it.
    Queen of Bammin'

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    More than a third of Americans don't even vote in a presidential election. About half don't vote on the major off-years- such as gubernatorial or Senate elections. The minor off-years? Forget about it.

All it seems that the typical American knows how to do is whine about their circumstance. Experiencing the last presidential election all but soaked every little bit of faith in my fellow citizen right out of me. I wonder if there's anyone left willing to do what we need to do to dig ourselves out of our present predicament.

Those who voted for Obama are getting their's. Unfortunately, so are the rest of us.

And no, I don't think enough are willing.
    Queen of Bammin'

12. Collapse Details

The real astonishment to me is that people heard "Hope and Change" and said "sold!" They didn't even bother to check and see if his values and beliefs meshed with theirs.

13. Collapse Details

A poll aggregation from realclearpolitics.com. It has all the majors, but it's pre-vote. I'd guess that the negatives have spiked since they actually went ahead and did it anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project1.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post

During all of this BS that book is all I can think about.

15. Collapse Details

I wonder if there's anyone left willing to do what we need to do to dig ourselves out of our present predicament.
    No...

16. Collapse Details

I wonder if there's anyone left willing to do what we need to do to dig ourselves out of our present predicament.
    Smart enough and capable, yes. Willing.....uhhhh man thats a stretch.

17. Collapse Details

What I just don't understand is we have model states like Massachussetts and California that are entitlement heavy and going bankrupt. Now California has the biggest economy of all 50 states and the can't afford what they want to give away and are begging the federal government for a bailout. So the Obama administration wants to model this sort of system and spread it nationally.

You do know what's next on his list, don't you? Immigration reform. There was a big rally in DC this week where Obama delivered a taped address, pledging to tackle this issue. So we'll have 12 to 20 million new "citizens" due to amnesty, plus open-border policies.

And don't bother with the "never happen" stuff. We all said that on health care. Christ, we were saying that in late october '08 about his election. At this point, I think he's got the juice to get Constitutional amendments.

18. Collapse Details

Thinking about retirement as a TSA agent.

19. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by jrz View Post
    Thinking about retirement as a TSA agent.
    Nah...by the looks of things, you'd be better off at the IRS: permanent job security, $10B a year in new funding to keep up with all these new taxes, and people to decipher this mess. This IRS will soon exceed the population of some of our states.