1. Collapse Details
    Info / Roll call for FMO Sat. April 3rd fun run to Lighthouse Restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina
    Welcome to the final FMO event of our 2009/10 season. Our fun runs will resume again in October after we take a break for the summer as in years past.
    For this event, we will again assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge departing at 11:00 AM. The plan is to circumnavigate Sanibel and Captiva Islands, before we have lunch at the Lighthouse restaurant at Port Sanibel Marina. After lunch there is an optional raft - up at the Lani Kai at Ft Myers Beach. If you are able to join us, please post up on this thread on SOS, or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since this is a sanctioned club event we ask that you complete a membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and download the membership form if you have not already done so. You may either join the Club online, mail it in, or submit at our lunch at the Lighthouse restaurant. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family. It is always very social and a good time. Please let me know if and how you are coming so we can give the restaurant a head count and dockage and seating can be reserved for our group. If your boat is down for service and you feel like driving to the Lighthouse restaurant and joining us for lunch, Club members are most welcome to do so. It is located at 14301 Port Comfort Rd; Ft Myers 33908 just off McGregor Blvd, a mile or so before the Sanibel Bridge.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run south for a few miles and round the southern tip of Sanibel Island, then heading west into the Gulf and eventually north off Sanibel and Captiva Islands. At Redfish Pass we will come back into the Intra Coastal Waterway ( ICW ) and make our way back south to Port Sanibel Marina. The Marina entrance is just north of the Sanibel Harbor Resort.

Lunch: We can order from the Lighthouse menu and each person will be responsible for their charges directly to the restaurant.

After lunch: For those that are interested and have more time, a group of us will be going over to Ft Myers Beach where we will raft up the boats in front of the Lani Kai. All are welcome.

50 / 50 draw: At lunch we will be selling raffle tickets. 100 % of the proceeds will go into the FMO scholarship fund. Last year we awarded 3, $1,500.00 scholarships to area students. We are on track this year to do even better, thanks to our dedicated FMO club supporters. Please support your Club, and the good work we are trying to do.

Clothing: We will have men's and ladies tee shirts and hats available baring the new Ft. Myers Offshore logo. Men's sizes S, M, L, XL & XXL in black, white and yellow; ladies in S, M, & L in black and white and hats in black and white. Items are all priced at $22.00 each, a portion of which goes into the club's student scholarship fund.

Fuel / Distance: I expect the run from the Bridge around the Islands and into to the lunch stop will be approximately 50 miles max. It as approximately another 6 miles over to FMB from Sanibel Harbor Marina. Most vessels will have sufficient range for this run if they are full of fuel at the start.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (SOS / OSO / FMO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR, so make sure you come alongside for some great running shots of your boat during the coarse of the run. They will be posted on the forum and website, after the run.

Tide Info:

Cape Coral ( Bridge): HT: 8:32 AM; LT: 11:37 AM; HT: 5:49 PM
    Sanibel Bridge ( Punta Rassa ): LT: 8:16 AM; HT: 3:33 PM
    Redfish Pass: LT: 8:21 AM; HT: 3:39 PM
    Marco Island: LT: 10:19 AM; HT: 4:11 PM
    Charlotte Harbor ( top end ): HT: 8:23 AM; LT: 11:02 AM; HT: 5:40 PM

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
    Redfish Pass: N 26 33 14; W 82 12 70

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing: NOAA Weather & The Weather Channel

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety. Familiarize yourself with BSAFE ( Boating Safety Association for Events ). Visit www.boatingsafe.org

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website: http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

Caloosa Isle Boat Sales and Service, Ft. Myers. - Certified Mercury and Yamaha Parts & Service Ph: 239 482 4511 Website: http://www.caloosaisle.com/ Contact: Tom Cullen

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island / Naples - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website: http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage.com , Naples - Sports photography Phone: 941 276 5650 Website: www.naplesimage.com Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website: http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Speedwear Designz - Sports and corporate apparel. Phone 909 476 8137 Website: http://www.speedwear.com/ Contact: Dave Thomas

Cobra Power – High performance marine engines, drives, transmissions and custom rigging. Phone: 305 893 5018 Website: http://www.CobraPower.com/ Contact: Randy Garcia

Cedar Bay Yacht Club – Marco Island, rack storage, marine mechanics, fuel, boat rentals. Phone: 239 394 9333 Website: http://www.cedarbayyachtclub.com/ Contact: Scott Hopkins

2. Collapse Details

Im in on the 4-3-10 run , cant wait to leave ohio!

3. Collapse Details

Freeze Frame Will fly we will shoot Video and stills at the same time we see you guys at 11;00 at the bridge any questions or if any one needs some thing special call me 239-282-1987 jeff

4. Collapse Details

This is shaping up to be the run of the year for FMO.

22 confirmed boats so far.

30 Concept / Neal Kirby/ Cape Coral
    30 Motion / maritime eng / Cape Coral
    30 Skater / appsyscons / Port Charlotte
    30 Superboat Y2K / boating 37 / Tampa
    32 Fountain / Scott Long /
    34 Fountain CC / Bill63 / Ft. Myers Beach - MI
    34 Hustler / Brian Hoag / ON, Canada - Marco Island
    35 Fountain / Bill and Beverly Watson / Cape Coral
    36 Baja / bajarick / Cape Coral
    38 Baja / peterj / Cape Coral
    38 Cigarette / US MUSL / Cape Coral
    38 Cigarette / jmbtile / NJ
    38 Donzi ZR / Jean Malouin / Ottawa - Cape Coral
    38 Donzi ZR / Rob D'Angelo / Farmington,MI - Ft. Myers Beach
    38 Formula / Premier POWER / Punta Gorda, FL
    38 Formula / Glen Fuller / ON Canada
    38 Fountain / Velocity Tom / Ft. Myers
    39 Sutphen / Bob Martin / Cape Coral
    42 Fountain / Tom Wilhelm / Cape Coral
    42 Outerlimits / Ken and Karen Trelfa / Ft. Myers Beach
    43 Nortech CC / Alec Cloke / Cape Coral
    50 Nortech / bobthebuilder / Marco Island

5. Collapse Details

they are up to 27 boats now see you by helicopter all photos posted and video after the run

6. Collapse Details

registered
    See you there.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    You'll recognize the SOS boat by the guy wearing the big hat

8. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    You'll recognize the SOS boat by the guy wearing the big hat
    I knew you had an ulterior motive.

9. Collapse Details

Looks like Nils and I are going to join in too.
    39V with Yanmars and I'm going to shake down a new Yamaha powered 39 CC too.

I think we're turning Japanese I really think so.....

Terry
    Nor-Tech Hi-Performance Boats
    Cape Coral, Florida

10. Collapse Details

What a fantastic day. Great turnout of 28 boats big and small. Everyone I'm sure had a blast cept the couple of boats that broke, maybe. Lots of sun, great water conditions. Nice mix of running the Gulf and ICW. Jeff, Jay and others captured tons of pics that I cannot wait to see. The Lighthouse restaurant did a great job accommodating us. The raft up later at FMB was tough as the winds picked up in the afternoon and FM Beach was jammed with every type of floating object known to man ! LOL Next year we will pick a more protected beach but it sounded like fun at the time.
    It was a great day for FMO and the future looks bright. Two new corporate sponsors came aboard in Statement Marine and Seriousoffshore.com. Also sponsor Cobra Power presented gift bags to all the Captains. We also signed up 4 new boating members, sold a ton of tee shirts and raised $500 from the 50/50 draw all in support of our education foundation for needy students entering college or university.
    Thank you everyone for your support !!
    Bob
    Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-03-2010 at 08:49 PM.

11. Collapse Details
    A special thank you to the Lemanske family
    FMO club members Bill and Lori Lemanske, MI were aware of my plans to enter a race in June with Team PREDATOR around the country of Ireland. They purchased and presented to me today a beautiful coffee table / picture book about the Islands of Ireland. It is absolutely breathtaking. So thank you kindly for thinking of me Bill, Lori and Billy to.
    Now here is the disappointing part. For ten days now I had been pressing for confirmation of the sponsorship package that had been presented to us verbally. Two days ago, I received word that it was not going to come through. I shared that news with Bill and Lori today but said that since I am half Irish I would be keeping the book anyway !! We all had a good laugh. Jay took some pics and I will post later or tomorrow.
    Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness.
    Bob

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Unbelievable! Great day and an incredible bunch of good folks! And not to mention, spectacular weather.

13. Collapse Details

Had a really great time today, and want to say thanks
    to all the board members for all the hard work they do
    putting all the fun runs on.
    Rick

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    FMO club members Bill and Lori Lemanske, MI were aware of my plans to enter a race in June with Team PREDATOR around the country of Ireland. They purchased and presented to me today a beautiful coffee table / picture book about the Islands of Ireland. It is absolutely breathtaking. So thank you kindly for thinking of me Bill, Lori and Billy to.
    Now here is the disappointing part. For ten days now I had been pressing for confirmation of the sponsorship package that had been presented to us verbally. Two days ago, I received word that it was not going to come through. I shared that news with Bill and Lori today but said that since I am half Irish I would be keeping the book anyway !! We all had a good laugh. Jay took some pics and I will post later or tomorrow.
    Again, thank you for your thoughtfulness.
    Bob