1. Collapse Details
    Cockpit Cover Material?
    Well, the time has come. I need to have a new one made to replace my old sunbrella cover this season. Any suggestions as to the best, latest, greatest material to use?
    Waterproof, breathable, durable ( I trailer with it on) , soft on paint and acrylic windshields.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    Well, the time has come. I need to have a new one made to replace my old sunbrella cover this season. Any suggestions as to the best, latest, greatest material to use?
    Waterproof, breathable, durable ( I trailer with it on) , soft on paint and acrylic windshields.
    The original manufacturers should be up on the latest materials wouldnt you think pal ??

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here a brief description of some used by Great Lakes. I'm looking for my notes from the canvas lady here in West Michigan. There is a really light-weight one she prefers now.

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/fabrics
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

I just came back from canvas shop yesturday. We are going with top gun for cockpit cover waterproof light weight and sumbrella plus for encloser it has a waterproof backing over regular sumbrella.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    The original manufacturers should be up on the latest materials wouldnt you think pal ??
    not necessarily pal. Oft times, they go with the lowest bidder.

I want the right stuff for the job, not the cheapest. It has to live at trailering speeds....my trailering speed that is