1. Collapse Details
    OSS Adds New Pro Cat Class and Updated ProAM Rules
    OSS Adds New Pro Cat Class and Updated ProAM Rules

For Immediate Release
    March 18, 2010

Indianapolis, Indiana
    The Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing Association (OSS) announced today the formation of a new Pro Cat Class (OSSPC). This new class will combine the former 750 and 850 classes. “It was the desire of the teams racing in these classes to compete against a larger field of boats. Everyone recognizes that the combination of boats of varied sizes, ages and different engine packages will be difficult and a work in progress. I would like to thank everyone involved in the meetings to make this class possible. As the season goes forward, we will continue to adapt to the needs of the class and adjust the rules accordingly.” said OSS Chief Referee Mike Tomlinson. The OSSPC class will also be open to Extreme Class Cats; each boat will be looked at on a boat by boat basis. Extreme Boats shall be required to de-tune their engines in accordance with specific instructions from the OSS Technical Chairman. More of the rules for this class can be found on the OSS web site.

Updated ProAM class rules have added new speeds for the different classes and the addition of a new PX Class. Boats will be allowed to reach speeds of 125 MPH in the new PX Class and 117 MPH in Class 1. In addition to the class speed brackets, OSS will require GPS on all ProAM Classes for the 2010 season. The GPS units will make the ProAM rules consistent with other organizations; thereby make the joint OSS and Super Boat International (SBI) scoring more accurate. “As interest and participation in the ProAM series grows, our focus remains on keeping these classes safe, substantiated and competitive,” said John Brunner, OSS Director of Operations. Brunner continued, “The new Pro Cat Class will bring the thrill of big boat competition back to the race course, which is something the fans are always looking for.”

For more information on these new rules, Pro Cat and all OSS classes, please go to www.offshoresuperseries.com and click on “Racers Resources” for the 2010 Technical Rules or call 817-845-4938.

The OSS is a not for profit association dedicated to the advancement and growth of offshore powerboat racing in North America.

# # #

2. Collapse Details

Nice! Good Job!

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Thank-you to all the teams that made this happen. Its hard to mix and match all the larger cats into one class but this shows you are all truly racers and want to race against more boats. I applaud all of you that are willing to try and make this just one class. The fans are going to love it!!!!!! Thank-you Thank-you thank-you.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After reading all the ProAm rules, I do have a couple questions but will only ask one.

Why did a Class 6 not get added to match OPA's????

I would think that would be an important step for the joint race sites this year, and anybody with a Class 6 boat close to an SBI/OSS race site.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    At this time OPA and OSS have no reason to have any rules the same. OSS and SBI have come together for a couple of races in 2010. There for OSS aligned there rules with SBI. If there are boats that want to race with OSS/SBI in a class 6 please speak up.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    will pro-am still be part of the apba merger ? just curious

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    yes
    Ryan Beckley

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Thank you , i asked out of sincerity .

While i do not care for oss, I did like the Pro_ Am program .
    It got newer racers , or beginners out on the track safely ,( I felt anyway )
    In each pro - am class A few (more seasoned teams) would choose to run these classes on sat along with newcomers for various reasons .

It only seems to me to be positive .The new guys get to see what it can be like,while the pro teams show them what it is really like without endangering them .

MDG