1. Collapse Details
    Numbers Off for FPC Sanibel Run
    Caught up with Stu Jones of the Florida Powerboat Club a couple of hours ago, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...ers-poker-run/

He definitely has a good attitude about the decreased fleet. For those of you who are going to the run, have fun and be safe.
    Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-18-2010 at 06:27 PM.

2. Collapse Details

link no worky....

The run looked like a great itinerary! The weather this season in Florida has been cold! I suspect that hurts attendance of boating events for sure....

3. Collapse Details

Sorry, Jupiter.

Link fixed.

4. Collapse Details
    I'm in !
    This is going to be a great run in many respects. The weather forecast for the weekend is great as it looks like we will hit 80 degrees under sunny skies and light winds. Also the trip down to historical Everglades City in the 10,000 Islands is very interesting. While these may be my home waters, I am looking forward to joining Stu and Jackie and the FPC for a great weekend. Anyone considering this run should jump on board now as it will be a weekend to remember.

Bob

5. Collapse Details

Stu & Jackie are 1st Class all the way! I wish I could be there this weekend but I have always enjoyed working with them or attending FPC events.

They're the best!

6. Collapse Details

Is the other run referenced in the article the reason for this e-mail sent earlier this month or something entirely different?

FPC PRESIDENT'S OATH TO POWERBOATERS

As the founder of the Florida Powerboat Club, I'm proud of all that we have accomplished since 1993. With your support, we have managed to keep a strong membership roster average 500 active members from all over the U.S., Canada and beyond for more than a decade. The leading manufacturers and service providers in the performance marine industry support us in every way that they can, and together we have fostered growth and improved this sport. After logging tens of thousands of miles on Florida waters, staging over two hundred rallies and poker run events in the Sunshine State, and meeting countless challenges along the way, FPC has an event management resume in this state that can never be outdone! Therefore, I have but one request from everyone in the powerboating community..and I have earned the right to this request:

PLEASE SUPPORT FLORIDA POWERBOAT CLUB .....if and when you decide to attend a poker run in FLORIDA. In the last decade, other organizers and organizations have followed us here, or emerged from within the ranks of active members, to promote their own events. In some cases, they have copied our event formats, even used our own FPC registration documents with a simple name change at the top. Others have recruited our very own members by attending our events while carefully hiding their agendas and offering false pretenses. One organization embraced FPC only to enhance their own attendence numbers, then turn their backs on FPC. And more recently, a would-be organizer attempted to operate a poker run events with little knowledge of waterways, no understanding of poker run logistics, and no safety program whatsover, putting others lives in danger. Event insurance? Not likely? Helping a boater get assistance when the boat breaks? Not a chance? Which way to go when the GPS fails and you are in the middle of nowhere...? Good luck!

MY OATH to the entire powerboating community is:

I WILL CONTINUE TO STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE IN PROVIDING THE SAFEST POKER RUN EVENTS AND THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR PARTICIPANTS ATTENDING A FLORIDA POWERBOAT CLUB EVENT.

I WILL REMAIN FOCUSED ON STAGING EVENTS THAT ORIGINATE AND END SOLELY IN MY HOME STATE, FLORIDA, WHERE I RESIDE AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, AND ALSO WHERE I FILE AND PAY CITY, COUNTY, STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES TO THE UNITED STATES.

I WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE MY BUSINESS, A FLORIDA CORPORATION, IN BOTH A LEGAL AND ETHICAL MANNER, AS I HAVE SINCE 1993.

I VOW TO PROVIDE THE BEST VALUE TO MY MEMBERS, AND TO OUR SUPPORTING SPONSORS FROM THE PERFORMANCE MARINE TRADE, IN ORDER THAT WE MAY IMPROVE AND GROW THIS SPORT TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF OUR WORKING CAREERS. MOREOVER, I ENDEAVOR TO DO MY PART TO KEEP OUR INDUSTRY AND THIS SPORT FINANCIALLY STABLE SO THAT WE MAY HAND OVER VIABLE ENTERPRISES TO OUR CHILDREN AND/OR ELIGIBLE RECIPIENTS, WHO WILL PERPETUATE OUR PURPOSE.

I VOW TO STAND FIRM, TO DEFEND MY RIGHT TO CONDUCT BUSINESS FREELY IN MY HOME STATE, AND OPPOSE ANY WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ENTITLED TO CONDUCT BUSINESS IN FLORIDA, OR ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION THAT MAY BE A DIS-SERVICE TO THE BOATING COMMUNITY OR DETRIMENTAL TO THE SAFETY OF OUR FLORIDA WATERWAYS.

PLEASE JOIN ME IN THIS MISSION. PLEASE KEEP INTEGRITY IN OUR SPORT.

PLEASE SUPPORT FLORIDA POWERBOAT CLUB.

DON'T WORRY, I MAY BE UPSET BUT I STILL KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN!

LET'S GO BOATING!
    Sincerely,

Stu Jones

President & Founder
    Florida Powerboat Club