Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Speeding ticket issue, Can anyone help?
    i got a speeding ticket in St. Lucie county FL in December. Thee cop gave me a break and lowered it to 99 in a 70 which it put it under the 30 mph over. I hired the Ticket Clinic to fight it. Yesterday they contacted us and told us we lost. Besides the $400 fine I received 4 points.
    I have contacted 4 attorneys in that county with no response yet. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the points? I will gladly pay more of a fine, go to driving school or community service but I need to get rid of the points if i can.
    It will cost me THOUSANDS a year in insurance premiums if i don't.

Any thoughts??

Thank you

2. Collapse Details

check your PM

3. Collapse Details

lowered it to 90...how the phuck fast were you really going??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    lowered it to 99!

St Lucie is a redneck county and knowing the flashy cars Gino has combined with his given name I don't suspect Roy Black would be able to get him a break up there!

In Miami I have never seen a speed trap on I-95 and as a student at UM I have many nights coming up I95 at triple digits with not even a close call. Unless you are firing guns out the window or tossing beer bottles at oncoming traffic I don't think speeding is a big issue down there. However St. Lucie it is their favorite passtime outside of chewing tobacco and watching Smokey and the Bandit re-runs!

5. Collapse Details

got one the other day from FHP, your ph@#ked. mines still pending, but heres what i knew and found out. CDL people, wether driving a commercail vehicle or not at the time are not eligible for traffic school. so i went to the court house and talked with the girl, she stated that the judge would mostly likely find me guilty even w/lawyer but woud let me go to traffic school too get rid of the points. it's up to the judge and if you a good record then they should allow school. thats hendry co but most often they just want the $$$ and the school is just more money into the system.

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Cops must love giving tickets to Lambos and Porsches.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    193!!! Sorry Gino!! just mess'n w/ ya!!!

8. Collapse Details

Gino ? Speeding ?
    I think we all at Seriuos Offshore could give character witnesses saying
    " Gino if the safest never speeding guy we know ".
    That will help .
    Good Luck Gino .
    It was only just over a year ago when Bike Builder Billy Lane killed a guy while driving impaired .
    I'm sure the locals have put some heat on the Police to watch things a little closer .

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    i got a speeding ticket in St. Lucie county FL in December. Thee cop gave me a break and lowered it to 99 in a 70 which it put it under the 30 mph over. I hired the Ticket Clinic to fight it. Yesterday they contacted us and told us we lost. Besides the $400 fine I received 4 points.
    I have contacted 4 attorneys in that county with no response yet. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the points? I will gladly pay more of a fine, go to driving school or community service but I need to get rid of the points if i can.
    It will cost me THOUSANDS a year in insurance premiums if i don't.

Any thoughts??

Thank you
    Dealer plates.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've got a friend there. I'll call him and see what (who) he knows.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details
    prevention
    Sponsor / Charter Member
    A VALENTINE radar detector helps in about 90% of time.I drive pretty fast for an old fart and it has helped me many times.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sy goldberg View Post
    A VALENTINE radar detector helps in about 90% of time.I drive pretty fast for an old fart and it has helped me many times.
    I have one in one of the other cars. I have a passport in the Masserati when he got me. He was going the opposite way and hit me with radar when he was passing. I knew i was busted when i saw him. Driving from Orlando to Miami is so boring. There was nothing around for miles.

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    You should of hired a local lawyer whose in that court room everyday to handle it from the start . It's worth the 2-300 to keep your insurance clean. Ticket clinic and smuck lawyers always stick you with the points and charge you too. Traffic school can be ordered by a judge 100 times ,but if you ask for it there is a limitation of a couple of times in your life. It's always up to the judge for any kind of leiniency, so it always best to show up yourself unless your lawyer says stay home. Tickets are a big hassle when you own multiple vehicles and your insurance doubles. In ft. myers I use Micheal Rich now and so far so good.good luck.

14. Collapse Details

Cop got me for 92 in a 60 the other day. Gave me a lecture about wreckless driving and how he could take me to jail then says have a nice day and slow it down Guess he was having a good morning.
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

15. Collapse Details

All the ticket firms do is go in and reschedule the court date several times, extensions etc.. in hopes that when thy run out of extensions the cop who wrote the ticket doesn't show up. If they dont get the extension, your guilty. You can argue all day that the radar was off etc etc etc, but when you rolling tripple digits in a 70, the cop only has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt you were going 71. 99 in a 70 isn't rollin with traffic, its a complete disregard for the speed limit and the judge laughed at the lawyers attempt to postpone. The ticket clinic bozo's dont know anything the judge doesn't already know...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

The last 4 tickets I've gotten, I just pay the "donation" and do the online traffic school.

17. Collapse Details

If you have already entered a guilty plea via the Ticket Clinic, then you are most likely done and have no recourse. About your only option would be to file an appeal using a real attorney. You could possibly file it based on ineffective counsel.

18. Collapse Details

Nobody likes to pay a speeding ticket.
    And even worse can be the repercussions of the ticket.
    Funny, the last ticket I got was in '06 on my way home from the Cumberland PR. You were docked right behind us with Lubejobs. We spoke for a bit.
    At the risk of sounding unpopular, did you learn a lesson?
    What if it were a DUI, would we be trying to find a way to get out of that too?
    Nah, because that would be taboo, and you should have known better not to drink and drive.
    I've been there, and it isn't fun, and I couldn't really afford the THOUSANDS it cost me. But, I make sure not to do that again.
    But, in some way running 100+ down the highway is "safe"??
    I mean, a lot can happen when running over the century mark in any vehicle.
    Not to say I haven't done it, but, you got caught, and let's face it, it's not safe.
    I find it hypocritical if we all get on here and are talking about sober boating, and lifelines when on plane, and lanyards, and then we get in the car and drive 30+ over the limit in the car on the way home.
    Sorry to be the downer here, but it is a point that no one has touched on.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Nobody likes to pay a speeding ticket.
    And even worse can be the repercussions of the ticket.
    Funny, the last ticket I got was in '06 on my way home from the Cumberland PR. You were docked right behind us with Lubejobs. We spoke for a bit.
    At the risk of sounding unpopular, did you learn a lesson?
    What if it were a DUI, would we be trying to find a way to get out of that too?
    Nah, because that would be taboo, and you should have known better not to drink and drive.
    I've been there, and it isn't fun, and I couldn't really afford the THOUSANDS it cost me. But, I make sure not to do that again.
    But, in some way running 100+ down the highway is "safe"??
    I mean, a lot can happen when running over the century mark in any vehicle.
    Not to say I haven't done it, but, you got caught, and let's face it, it's not safe.
    I find it hypocritical if we all get on here and are talking about sober boating, and lifelines when on plane, and lanyards, and then we get in the car and drive 30+ over the limit in the car on the way home.
    Sorry to be the downer here, but it is a point that no one has touched on.

I-95 is 4 lanes in each direction up in St. Lucie. Any of those high dollar cars run as smoothly at 100+ as your Avalanche does at 55! The braking/handling capabilities of a Lambo/Maserati/SLR or whatever else Gino runs crushes 98% of the cars out there. This wasn't like running 100 mph on a two lane main street by passing a school, church and nursing home, this was essentially an 8 lane highway with a 200+ ft. median separating the north and southbound lanes. In Europe speeds like these are normal without higher traffic fatality rates so it can't be the car's fault.

Just arguing the flip side to your point Buoy.......

20. Collapse Details

I had many a speeding ticket growing up and living most my life in south florida.
    I drove many fast/safe cars ,I know most people drive insanely fast,
    especially on turnpike, alligator alley and even I95 especially in the lauderdale area
    late at night , that being said the speed limit is the law.
    You go faster you break the law.
    You tried fighting ti and it didnt work.
    You get caught,man up and admit it and pay the price.
    Dont care if your car is safe at 155 and everyone was doing 100,
    if the speed limit is 70 and by your own admission you were doing over 100 your very lucky your not in jail. 30 over is arrestable in florida and can
    be charged as reckless endangarement , a way more serious charge than a simple speeding ticket. Id say the officer was actually nice to you.