Thread: HTM SR 24 resto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    HTM SR 24 resto
    This HTM is sitting for a few years now ,and I just started 2 months ago to finish this boat before next year vacation ,I,m still busy with my Baja 40 Outlaw project on the Baja section here in Serious offshore,but stopped working on the Baja to have this boat ready for towing it to Italy ( Italy summer vacation ) as I live in Europe.

The HTM is a 1998 SR 24 , the boat was having a Yanmar 315 HP turbo diesel with a Bravo 1 drive ,I bought this boat in Grear Brittain , but without the diesel engine .

The boat was completely stripped and sanded ,new 2 pack paint ,new white rubrail ,al the Ali stuff is sandblasted and epoxy powdercoated and painted in blue metellic 2 pack paint .
    I had to replace the floor as it was badly rotten ,luckily the stringers were foam and were in great shape ,also the storage compartments in the front were bad ,and loose from the deck and hull on some places ,so I took all that out ,and added a 3/4 inch thick bulkhead in front .
    The bulkhead was set in epoxy ,and glassed in to the floors and deck.
    Power is a 2006 Mercruiser 496HO ,drive is a Bravo 1 .
    I have more power on the shelf ,but this is the vacation engine that will hopefully stay together during the 2 weeks in Italy next year ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20-11-2010 049.jpg verkl.jpg   20-11-2010 047.jpg verkl.jpg   20-11-2010 045.jpg verkl.jpg  

20-11-2010 044.jpg verkl.jpg   20-11-2010 042.jpg verkl.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Great boat, they haul ass with some minor power.
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

I was hoping for 70-72 mph with the 496HO ,I thought I read somewere long time ago that this boat would run this speeds with a 502 mpi 415 hp ,and I do believe those hp ratings were measured at the crank back then ?
    I believe the 496HO is rated 425 at the prop ?

4. Collapse Details

I'm waiting on a response from a friend with an HTM-24 in the Peoria, Illinois area. I asked him what he has in it and what kind of speeds he is seeing. He's also at 650' above sea level.
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Ok,curious what power and what sort speeds he is seeing,does he have a SR 24 ,or a SS 24 ?

6. Collapse Details

Sr-24
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

He's got a 454 with a supercharger putting out 600 HP, he consistently sees 91 MPH, and that is at 650 feet above sea-level.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 71708_102483883150848_100001677099035_16573_2656524_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Bobcat; 11-26-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

Between the Baja and now the HTM, you got the COOLEST projects!!!!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    He's got a 454 with a supercharger putting out 600 HP, he consistently sees 91 MPH, and that is at 650 feet above sea-level.
    Those graphics were almost the same like there was on my HTM !
    91 MPH ,thats pretty fast for that horsepower .

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    Between the Baja and now the HTM, you got the COOLEST projects!!!!!!!
    Thanks ! The Baja is one of my biggest projects,and it is taking a lot of time ,the HTM was rigged for a bravo / mercruiser ,so it was a lot easier to do unlike the Baja were most of the parts have to be made /fabricated /modified etc

11. Collapse Details

I got a friend with sr24, it ran 70-73 with a stock 502 mag efi 415 hp. He procharged it about 650 hp and it ran 91-94, now 725 and high 90s. He has an imco box and a shorty.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
    I got a friend with sr24, it ran 70-73 with a stock 502 mag efi 415 hp. He procharged it about 650 hp and it ran 91-94, now 725 and high 90s. He has an imco box and a shorty.
    Ok ,so my goal with the 496 must be possible ,is your friend running a 2 inch shortie ?

13. Collapse Details
    htm
    I did some work to the HTM last weeks ,The drive and dual full hydraulic mayfair is on and working ( at least on a drilling machine mounted to the pump pully ) and steers the proper way .
    The hatch in front is sand blasted and powder coated and sealed in place .
    two 30 gallon fuel tanks are installed ,KPM sea strainer is also in ,which is a beautifull one !
    gauges and shifter /throttle is in and all is working .
    The thing I don,t have is a glovebox ... I read somewhere that the HTM ones are pretty stout priced ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uitlaten en htm 003.jpg verkl.jpg   uitlaten en htm 004.jpg verkl.jpg   uitlaten en htm 005.jpg verkl.jpg  

14. Collapse Details
    More HTM
    Some work done this week ,left sidepanel ready ,exept for the cup holders,need to make a device that holds them in place .
    Today I made the right panel,and hopefully monday it can be installed.
    I used epoxy to coat the floors ,mixed in some roughmakers in the epoxy to give a little traction for the snap in carpet .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails htm  18-12- 2010 001.jpg verkl.jpg   htm  18-12- 2010 002.jpg verkl.jpg   htm  18-12- 2010 006.jpg verkl.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

Very, very nice!
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

16. Collapse Details

so what's the news with the project?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    so what's the news with the project?
    Not too much work done the last weeks... I,ve done most of the electronics under the dash ,and in the engine compartment ,silent choice works now,all the wires are routed to their place for the blower ,bilge pump,nav lights ,etc
    Rear seat base is ready ,also I,m busy with a bolster seat for 2 people ,since the HTM is 6 ft 9 inch inside I thought it was a good idea to sit in front with my wife and kid .
    I forgot to take pics ,I will post some over the weekend .

A.J

18. Collapse Details

looking forward to it!

19. Collapse Details
    htm
    We made a bolster for 2 persons ,since the boat is 6 ft 8 inch inside ,there is enough room to enter the cuddy.
    The bravo 1 is mounted ,but I have my doubts about the water pick up ,this is a regular Bravo1 with the side inlets, now the top hole is equal with the bottem of the tunnel,so I guess when the boat climbes on its sponsons I loose water press ,or have no water press at all ....
    I located a new XR with low water pick up ,so maybe I need to step up ..
    I hope to do first sea trial in a few weeks.

20. Collapse Details
    pics
    some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29 verkl.JPG   verkleind.JPG