Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

registered
    It's the principle of the matter, damn it!!
    Hippie, tree-hugger nonsense.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    It's the principle of the matter, damn it!!
    Hippie, tree-hugger nonsense.
    No doubt.

I saw a guy at a truck dealership a few years ago that was just there for an event. he had an old Peterbilt all customized- has a quad-turbo 12v92 in it. All that SOB needed to run was diesel fuel and enough 12v curent to open the fuel solenoid. What a monster.

At the same time, these new diesels are SOOOO refined compared to just a few years ago. Comparatively, the 6.0 in my trucks are rough and the 7.3 is a tractor engine.

3. Collapse Details

I missed it the first time, but I just finally caught this little tid-bit of info. You know, I'm not too happy about that.

If I'm reading it right, it says that when you run out or urea, you're limited to 50mph, and if you continue to run without urea for more than 200miles, your truck is disabled and idled.

That's bullsht.

I doubt it will last long though...wait for the first time someone has an emergency and they sue because their truck wouldn't let them drive it.
    "Exhaust Fluid"...there's got be a joke in here somewhere.
    Reminds me of muffler bearings.

Sue the EPA, you can thank them for urea!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

At the same time, these new diesels are SOOOO refined compared to just a few years ago. Comparatively, the 6.0 in my trucks are rough and the 7.3 is a tractor engine.

I sat next to a new Ford diesel the other day at a light and thought it was a gas motor it was so quiet! But then again I went on a 600 mile trip last weekend and passed 5 Fords on the side of the road, they were really quiet!

To be fair one was an old 80's diesel with a big puddle below, one was newer crew cab with a broken drive shaft (truck was jacked up to the moon!)and the other 3 looked like out of gas/tire issues.

5. Collapse Details

Hey Fixxer, do you know when you might be seeing 2011 SD's on your lot?? I am in the market, buyt thinking the new gasser would be a better option then diesel...So now I guess I need to advertise my 06 Chevy Crew Cab LBZ!!!

6. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    there are sensing bars in the urea tank to tell its level. the nox sensor can tell if you do not have the correct concentration of urea in the fluid and will let you know in the instrument cluster that your fluid is contiminated. the truck cannot sense a fill right away. we have to use IDS to command the module to take a quick reading. the tank is small and they want the level reading to not fluctuate. so it has a slosh provision that makes it take awhile to sense that it is full. but when you fill we can make the tank take a reading and set it to full with a IDS.

and i agree, the forced idle is crap. just like when the 6.4 would re-gen at idle and not let you know. that was recalled real quick. even when i was in training for the 6.4 it went into re-gen and burned the rubber exhaust hoses in the lab. they have a spot in a college in des moines and the fire alarm went off and the fire department came. it was a real hoot.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hey Fixxer, do you know when you might be seeing 2011 SD's on your lot?? I am in the market, buyt thinking the new gasser would be a better option then diesel...So now I guess I need to advertise my 06 Chevy Crew Cab LBZ!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sorry, we have one at the moment. i can keep you posted. they are really trick looking on the inside. i am happy they went back to the fixed grille design (where the hood is the only thing that opens and the grille stays on the truck). We should get more here soon in the near future.

9. Collapse Details

sorry, as of today 4/17 we have a 6.7 and a 6.2 on the lot

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Sorry, we have one at the moment. i can keep you posted. they are really trick looking on the inside. i am happy they went back to the fixed grille design (where the hood is the only thing that opens and the grille stays on the truck). We should get more here soon in the near future.
    I saw the white on with the 6.7 you have on the lot the other day. IMO, I think Ford went backwards in their styling!! I think the truck us FUGLY!!!! Given that, I bought a 2010 F250 with the V-10 from you guys and will take delivery of it Friday! The truck is coming down from WI. Now I just have to sell my Chevy!!!! I saw your Baja at the dealership the other day too!!

11. Collapse Details

haha. the baja sleeps at the dealer now while i am working on it. you should pop by. tell your sales person to grab me. (mitch) Who is your salesperson?

12. Collapse Details

haha. the baja sleeps at the dealer now while i am working on it. you should pop by. tell your sales person to grab me. (mitch) Who is your salesperson?
    Dan Kole is the sales Person and I have to swing by Tuesday to get some info and inspectt he new truck. I will ask him to bring me back! Thanks for the help!!

Bill

13. Collapse Details

Yeah dan knows show i am. Hes kind of a schmooser.... But all sales people are. Bring it on back and look her over. see ya tuesday.

14. Collapse Details

Yeah dan knows show i am. Hes kind of a schmooser.... But all sales people are. Bring it on back and look her over. see ya tuesday.
    Cool thanks!!! May be Wed, guy buying my truck wants to pick it up on Tuesday, either way, I will see ya Tues or wed, Thanks!!!!!

And you are right about the sales people!!!! lmao

15. Collapse Details

Well, things were extremely chaotic getting the truck, truck finally got to your dealership Wed and I got it last night, sorry I missed you!

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Caterpillar should build a small truck motor. Something like the old 3208 but smaller or a small six. Better performace would come from an 8 thou.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by allicat38 View Post
    Caterpillar should build a small truck motor. Something like the old 3208 but smaller or a small six. Better performace would come from an 8 thou.
    As far as I know Cat quite building on road diesels because they were having problems meeting emissions.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    fixer ,,I drive a 03 excursion,with a 6,0 ,,are the engine wirning harness the same as now,,or my question should be ,,,what would be the newest ps i can install..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    fixer ,,I drive a 03 excursion,with a 6,0 ,,are the engine wirning harness the same as now,,or my question should be ,,,what would be the newest ps i can install..
    there were large changes made in the late 04 engine and even bigger chages made in the 05 engine. if you have an 03 you would need to pcm and harness out of the newer truck. the block is the same and would bolt up the same. i have heard of people putting in the more refined 05 and up engine in the 03 models but you will need the entire harness. and pcm. the high pressure oil system is very different. and the calibration would be different...

did you have something happen to your engine?

20. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    WELL i,v already went thru the inercooler stuff, where they took my cab off the frame , and rebuilt the engine ??? but now everyone is saying i need to change the head bolts and their is a guy here who blocks off the ( something under the intake )egr?? and he says it will stop all the heat fron exhaust going into the coolant ,,??I love the truck and i,m looking for a long term fix ...milage 132,000
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions