Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Could be a Canadian thing but the most succesful bar/restaraunts around here are British Pubs.....I see "clubs" one after another..... completely renovate...open up, go crazy, slow down, close.....then another owner.....same drill.....over and over......then I see these Pubs.....same thing 30 yrs....laugh all the way to the bank.....this one I go to (since I was underage btw and Im 47 now) has a 'quiet" area out front for the older people like a traditional British Pub but in the back they have another closed off room where they have live bands playing for the College crowd.....the best thing is you can stand there and have a drink while in the line up for the back room......perfect!!......the College kids come early, get a stamp for the back room.....get something to eat out front (good menu) then just walk into the back room past the line up when their done...that place has got it covered.... been busy for 35yrs.

2. Collapse Details

Booze Food & sluts& gambling is a startSold one years back only because the landlords did not want it!They lost it for taxes owed to State Liquor policeit's a tough buisness to run people get hammered and put your bar @ liability But if if you have independent wealth put the bar in LLC!

3. Collapse Details

I have often wondered how some stay in business, college bars mostly, 1$ pitchers is all anyone comes for, the place gets trashed, broken stuff everywhere.

4. Collapse Details

Don't do it! It's a crap shoot if it will even take off. there are plenty of other businesses to go into other than bars. the liability can be tremendous. I have had a opportunity to invest and own numerous times. Bars have a shelf life. Like others have said you have to keep reinventing it every couple of yrs. or more. Hope you like managing alcoholics and thieves becuse your "friends/employees" will rob you blind and develop drinking habits. We have two bars in the family and I go in probably twice a year now. It's sad to see the same young faces drinking their lives away. ask my brother in-law he might say otherwise. Ir you were my daughter or friend I would advise you not to. Believe me theres nothing "COOL" about owning a bar. Best of luck what ever decision you make.Bob

5. Collapse Details

You'll work 80-90 hours a week to make $40k a year. It's not as glamorous as it seems.