Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    MAKO center console???
    Anyone know much about the newer ones? I'm shopping for a 20-21 ft CC and remember these were brick chit-houses back in the day but have read a few things suggesting the newer (brunswick) Mako's are not what they once were. Any input? I've found a 2005 of interest.

2. Collapse Details

A friend of mine has a 17 that is fairly new and it is a great boat. They do use quality hardware and are a little more pricey than some of the others out there, They are also a little heavier than the other boats in their class, so a bigger engine is a good idea. You will love the ease of CC boating compared to running a performance boat, trust me.

3. Collapse Details

Heard they went through a period of poor construction. Do not know when but you should do plenty or research. Remember reading about delam and transom problems. The old ones were always one of my favorites but didn't follow them much after the problem years.
    Wicked

4. Collapse Details

I bought a used 22' center console last year, and looked at a ton of them. A few were newer Makos, and while I didn't buy one, they seemed to still be of pretty high quality compared to some of the other boats I looked at.

My biggest issue was finding a boat like that which hadn't already been fished to death. Most of what I looked at was pretty well trashed cosmetically. I don't really fish much, so that was a big issue for me.

I ended up buying a Sea Pro, which I love. As Ted said, it doesn't get much easier to take care of.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Go to Classismako.com for everything you need to know.
    ed

6. Collapse Details

Makos are not made by Brunswick. The Mako name and molds are owned by Tracker Marine, the maker of Tracker pontoons and Tahoe boats, wholly owned by Bass Pro shops. So, if you consider Bass Pro Shops to be the Wal-Mart of outdoors, consider whether or not you want your boat made by the same folks.

Just to be upfront about it; I am biased. I have also sold quite a few Makos that we took in trade.

7. Collapse Details

Find the layout you want, then go for the deal- most of them in that size/price/style/function are about the same. Name doesn't mean much for this kind of boat IMHO- every thing is replaceable and easy to get to.

8. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    The old ones were/are tanks. The new ones are badged bayliners.

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    everglades

10. Collapse Details

Kencraft

11. Collapse Details

Sea Hunt
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

12. Collapse Details

I appreciate the suggestions. If I buy new I've locked into a sea hunt 210 Ultra. Rear bench seat, porta-potti, and t-top......mid-level boat but great value for the money. My wife really liked a 2005 21 Mako. I remember them being great but reading they aren't all that anymore.

Important items:

Rear seating, family of 5 with kids friends coming along
    Porta-potti in console
    t-tops much preferred
    20-21 ft (smaller the better but with the above requirements)
    stout trailer for the boat
    expect very little fishing

13. Collapse Details

Perfect size for that. I have fond memories of my 21 Wahoo with Yammi 225. Used to put six folks on board with just about every water toy that was available at the time. We even put a jet ski in tow on occassion. What a fun boat!

Been thinking about getting another one. A fast one with a T top...and rocket launchers.

I might even get back into fishing, which I did so much of as a kid.
    Hampton Roads Powerboat Association

14. Collapse Details

I bought a used 212 Sea Hunt '05 off ebay with a 200 Yammi OX66 2 stroke last year for this engine and it's AWESOME, had 52 hours, has 60 now, runs 51-52 full fuel once I played with it, picked up 6 mph raising the engine 2 holes and using a Turbo 1 prop.. I've owned a LOT of boats but this is sooooo easy and fun I really like it.... this boat line has a LOT of value and quality for the $$ bucks, everything your looking for.. just put all new upgraded canvas on it yesterday and took off the t-top due to skin cancer issues... nice freeboard... I almost bought a 2004 Hydrasports bayboat with a 250 Yammi but I hate older 4 strokes, nice wide beam on that one too.... seriously, check out the Sea Hunt line, 210-212-220.. i've actually been thinking about getting a new(er) 232 with a 300, I saw a new black/white one yesterday and went ga-ga.. there is a real nice 23 Wellcraft CC with a Verado on ebay right now, ultra clean..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

15. Collapse Details

Ditto - 'cept for the fishing part.

Need to find one that is around 32' and will run mid 70's with twins.
    Who makes it?
    BillR

16. Collapse Details

30 Concept w/300 Verados ran 77.2MPH during radar run on the Chesapeake Bay last year.

My 326 w/300XS's has been almost 73 but in real world conditions- always 2/3-full fuel, gear, stuff, coolers, etc- it i more like 68. Add 5 more people and I'm at 65ish.

I need a sub 36' overall including motors that runs a solid 70MPH with 6 and gear on board without trips.

Elvisali has a new Superboat 30CC with 250's I'm dying to hear numbers on. Most are guessing between 75-85MPH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clint.jpg  
    Last edited by MarylandMark; 03-13-2010 at 01:22 PM.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Need to find one that is around 32' and will run mid 70's with twins.
    Who makes it?
    Jeez dude. You just got back from riding on several in Miami. Guess you didn't find Nervana...

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Macklin View Post
    Jeez dude. You just got back from riding on several in Miami. Guess you didn't find Nervana...
    Nope.
    The Donzi Billy at Harbour Marine has is nice, the price is a steal; but I need to ride some more. Want to ride a Concept, Fountain . . . . . not sure what else. I am NOT going to spend a ton of $$$ on the new boat either. Just want a fun - easy to care for toy.
    BillR

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post

I need a sub 36' overall including motors that runs a solid 70MPH with 6 and gear on board without trips.
    Me too!!!
    BillR

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    Nope.
    The Donzi Billy at Harbour Marine has is nice, the price is a steal; but I need to ride some more. Want to ride a Concept, Fountain . . . . . not sure what else. I am NOT going to spend a ton of $$$ on the new boat either. Just want a fun - easy to care for toy.
    Well, you better freakin call me next time you do go for a ride!