Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

And when I want to test drive an OL, or several, I wont need to make a post about it in the forum.
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by nthdegree View Post

So then comes a post totally unwarranted against my son. Well I guess it was actually directed at me. Maybe his experience coming from running in a lot of stepped bottom boats doesn't count. Maybe the unwarranted post comes from just ones myopic view of the boating industry? The view where only the 1(one) exists? Me I like them all...
    please. Totally unwarranted post against your son? Hardly. My origional post was based on your sons previous posts and the fact I have never personally seen you put a post up like that. As I stated, you usually have more class. To me, saying one boat is better than another (out of no where mind you) is unwarranted and rude and frankly is consistant with your sons posts.

I challenge you to find one post of mine where I put down another boat or even said cigarette was better. You won't find one. I actually appreciate many, many builders (including OL). I think OL's are sleek, beutifully crafted machines. I also won't go into a thread and say, "unless it's a Cigarette...".

Everyone has their favorites. I'm obviously not the only one that thought your post was a little off color.

And regarding this thread. The statement made was someone thought this glad was pushing 120. If it's run 119, then that would def qualify as pushing 120.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

3. Collapse Details

Bottom Line this Glad that Phil Just sold Did run 118+ with NXT drives and will run 115+ every day. Because of the NXT drive running real props

If I was looking to do a new Glad this would be the set up to go with.

Rick OSG

But then again what do I know about a Glad.
    The Real Deal Lip - Ship 45 Maximus

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Onesickgladiator View Post
    Bottom Line this Glad that Phil Just sold Did run 118+ with NXT drives and will run 115+ every day. Because of the NXT drive running real props

If I was looking to do a new Glad this would be the set up to go with.

Rick OSG

But then again what do I know about a Glad.
    wow impressive! Thanks Rick!
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

5. Collapse Details

Not bad for an old hull made out of fiberglass. Maybe it was the superior fit and finish that makes it so fast.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Holy chit. Look at the size of that MoFo in the back seat!!!!!!!!
    just thought the same thing, remembers me of a certain farley quote

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    And to your comments about OL. technology and speed- I was on a run last summer with an OL. We were in an Apache 41. On the way out the OL smoked past us, even though we were carrying substantially larger power. As it kicked up in the afternoon, we blew by the OL- props never broke free. The OL crew looked like they'd been in a barroom brawl at the next stop. The point? All boats do different things. There ain't no "best". Never will be.
    It was rough in the morning!! The afternoon was fine, the OL you are taking about never ran against Robs 41 Apache!! as far as I remember!! The OL belongs to a good friend, it took the rough water just fine, no one looked beat up! I have no idea why you would compare the two boats? As far as I rember Chris you where in Craig's Cigarette that day? I love Outterlimits boat, and I like the old school looks of the Apache, but there is no way to compare the Two!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cambridge04.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

The run was in Cleveland, Bill.

And the "barroom brawl" was an obvious exaggeration.

But you got one thing right- the observation about them being different boats. Which was my point exactly.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-16-2010 at 11:40 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The run was in Cleveland, Bill.

And the "barroom brawl" was an obvious exaggeration.

But you got one thing right- the observation about them being different boats. Which was my point exactly.
    We had a barroom brawl in Cambridge, sorry thought you ment the Cambridge Poker Run, my fault!! my bad