Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Ram Air / Air intake
    Ok, this project turned much bigger than anticipated. So I started a new thread to keep the transom project separate. Here are a couple of pics so far, I will show the mistakes as well as the good parts.
    First I cut out the opening bigger to get more air in. I first tried to use a 1808 biax in the opening to bring the air to a 4" opening. I wet out the entire piece but it was to heavy and would not hold in place. Next I used a peice of mat and attached it around the corners. However on the next step the mat fell apart and I had to start over. I made some cardboard templates to the shape of the vent/scoop I applied resin to one side and let it dry. I then appled 4 layers of mat and let it dry. The cardboard did not hold its shape and the vent will be trashed.
    Ok, I have regrouped and the second attempt will be with 1208 on the inside. I will tack it around the edge first then wet out the inside after fully cured. I purchaced some floral foam and I am going to make a plug for the vent/scoop with that. The new glass will not be here till next week from uscomp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ram air 001.jpg   ram air 002.jpg   ram air 003.jpg  

ram air 005.jpg   ram air 006.jpg